Pre-Trip Trip Report Ritual

bathman123

Earning My Ears
I would like to preface this post by stating, I am not a very good writer. So please bear with me during this stream of consciousness unloading of thoughts. I am hoping I am not the only one that has this particular ritual before a Disney Trip.

Every time before my family and I go on a trip to Disney World or Disneyland, I read a certain trip report (you can find it here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/jan-5-10-me-myself-i-perfectly-happy-on-our-own.1689026/). This trip report was written over 13 years ago. When I first read it, it was before a trip my wife and I were going to take to WDW before we had children. I can’t explain why this TR resonated with me as it was about a Woman (Not a Woman) going on a Solo Trip (Never been on a Solo Trip) during the month of January (Never been in January). But for some reason, I was the one TR I keep coming back to.

Over the years, different pieces of the report seem to pop out more to me. First it was the rides and attractions she mentions. It is a bit nostalgic to hear about old rides/shows that are no longer there. It is also funny to see reactions to “new” things that haven’t been new for a long time now.
More so lately, I have begun thinking about the kids mentioned in the TR. Their ages in 2008 are pretty close to the ages of my two DS’s now. I love how things like Hannah Montana are mentioned in these older reports as things those kids enjoyed but mine have never heard of. I also think about how those kids are now in their 20’s. TR’s with kids around that same age as mine seem to be the ones I am drawn to mostly. It puts some focus on how quickly the time goes with your kids and how much I try to savior it (even during the not so fun times).

Lastly, I think about if the writer, their family and responders to this TR are still into the Disney Vacations. Thanks to the DISboards, you can see when they last logged in and many have been dormant for years now. I have been going and planning Disney Trips for about 15 years. But I do wonder if there will come a time where that interest will wane and I will be no longer drawn to the “Happiest Places on Earth”.

I want to thank the DISboards for keeping these TR’s available for many years. I also want to encourage those who are thinking of writing a TR to do it. You never know how this somewhat simple (not easy) writing can affect someone you never met. Reading this TR brings back memories of past trips every time I read it. And for that reason, it is priceless to me.

If any one else does this craziness too, I would love to hear more!

P.S. Thank you Anne!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter