Predictions or rumors about Magic 2023 dry dock?

I agree with you 100%. They are starting to sacrifice ocean liner elegance and comfort with pushing IP and grifting. Those chairs are not made for sitting and relaxing while listening to music. They are for having an overpriced cocktail and moving on to something else. The tables and chairs by the windows were a favorite of many adult passengers to sit and read a book or gaze over the ocean. Now we have stools that face away from the view.

The new space perfectly matches the cheap a$$ chandelier assortment in the atrium from 2013 - from chihuly elegance and artistry to home Depot quality cheapness , who on earth is making these decisions.

I hate this so much. Looks like the dive bar in my college town.

Soul was an ok movie, but did anyone watch it and think “If only I could see that bar where he play jazz in real life?” Nope, because the whole point of the movie was his life was kind of boring and drab but that’s okay because even an unexceptional life is worth living. But on a $1000+ per night disney vacation I don’t want drab and boring!!!!

I’m also so not a fan. I had high hopes for something really cool with tangled but I’m bias one of my favorites. The French quarter on the wonder was our favorite spot. You can bet I will be trying the zepoles. We are supposed to be on the magic in august but dh has been having some medical setbacks so fingers crossed we get to see all the changes in person.

I think it looks way nicer than before! We were on her in 2021 during the UK Cruises and it was a nightmare with people trying to move past you in the walkway and really hard to see/hear from the very back of the room. We also tried to avoid routes that would take us through cause it felt so cluttered when something was on. This new lounge brings a better feel to the lounge and reminds me of the way Luna on the Wish has Bar Stool seats around the top! Making it more likey you could just sit in for a bit if you wanted and not be in the way of others.

Super confused about the hate it’s getting. The old lounge was a waste of space and always empty. Does “classic ocean liner feel” mean anything when no one uses the space?

This looks like a big improvement to me

I’m baffled by the hate when the old promenade lounge looked outdated like a mall from the 90’s. While the seats are a downgrade, I’m actually glad they removed the ones by the windows as it had a tendency to feel crowded during dining times.

Be interesting to get more details about this:

"Guests can join the fantastical family Madrigal during an all-new immersive experience, “An Encanto Celebration,” designed to engage families through music, crafts and storytelling. The interactive experience gives guests an opportunity to meet and take photos with Mirabel and the family member we don’t talk about, Bruno, during their Disney Cruise Line debut. Families can also join a spirited sing-along of beloved “Encanto” songs and create butterfly and flower crafts inspired by the film. During the show, guests can experience a true taste of South America thanks to a selection of local Colombian beers, cocktails and sodas along with film-inspired mocktails."

@Stingberg

Can I ask where you found the Encanto blurb? Is it just for the magic? And do we know when it’s starting? We are a huge Encanto loving family (we saw it in the theaters twice and that was during Covid- masks and all).

I would literally book a sailing just for this.

@Stingberg

Can I ask where you found the Encanto blurb? Is it just for the magic? And do we know when it’s starting? We are a huge Encanto loving family (we saw it in the theaters twice and that was during Covid- masks and all).

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...oul-inspired-experiences-on-the-disney-magic/

Seems Magic-exclusive at least for now. No other details yet. I looked at our reservation in July and there's nothing showing up to book it (assuming it even can be booked ahead of time).

@Stingberg

Same…would totally book a sailing for Encanto. 😂 Need to plan something while we wait to close on our first DVC contract.

You can turn and face the windows on the stools...

I will miss the comfy chairs right next to the windows, though. We spent a lot of time there on our last Magi
If someone thinks the old Promenade Lounge could still be described as elegant, I mean, it's no wonder they won't like this update. Personally I thought the old lounge was ridiculously dated but to each their own.
Yes dated looking but it certainly looked better than this and I bet more comfortable

The new space perfectly matches the cheap a$$ chandelier assortment in the atrium from 2013 - from chihuly elegance and artistry to home Depot quality cheapness , who on earth is making these decisions.
I hate that chandelier. The Wonder one actually looks fine but the Magic one is just cheap. Especially now I know the color just peels off.
Yes dated looking but it certainly looked better than this and I bet more comfortable
Totally disagree on Promenade Lounge, I’d like a few of the comfy chairs back but this new look is 1000% better than the old look, which really should have her left in the 90s. I would like the old cocktail menu back too.

My biggest takeaway from the parks blog article is that they finally installed the ability for the Magic to use shoreside power. The Magic was the only ship in the fleet that couldn’t do that.

In my opinion this shows two things:

1) they won’t scrap her soon at all. It’s a major infrastructure installment as it requires adjustments to electrical systems on board. You wouldn’t do that if you plan to get rid of the ship in three years.

2) they plan for her to go to the destinations that require the use of shoreside power in the coming years (California, some places in Europe, Alaska, possibly also Australia). If they were to plan for her to just do 4/5-night Caribbean cruises, they could have just let her be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter