• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pretend You're a WDW Executive

IF I were that Disney executive, I would ask my assistanct where his facts and data are. If he didn't have any, I'd tell him that we didn't make decisions on anecedotal evidence, which is all he has. Anecdotal evidence might be enough to arouse my curiosity and if so, I'd get him started on collecting the data.

I truly believe Disney knows or has a very good approximation of what DVC members spend. As others have mentioned, they can certainly cross reference AP/PAP lists with that of the DVC members. They also have the ability to track what DVC members charge to their rooms. It wouldn't surprise me if they compared what each hotel's guests charge (on the average) to what DVC members charge (on the average). I'm sue they track trends as well.

I would love better discounts. But I don't expect any business owner to offer one unless the business benefits financially from the discount. If park discounts haven't materialized, then I believe Disney doesn't have data that shows that this type of discount would increase their profits.

I think this thread is fun to read, but since no one here has access to any real data, the "benefits" we attribute to Disney are really just speculation. JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter