Priceline Bids/results

Just won a $51.00 bid for one night on 8/25 on Priceline. We will begin our vaca there before our stay on site the rest of the week. Hope this helps. 3.5* hotel.

Also got the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista (formerly Sunspree). Not sure of its 3.5* rating, mixed reviews :confused3 but will wait, see how it is. Good location for sure. Pricelined for 2 nights, end of October, for $49/night - which is a very decent deal for that side of WDW, even w/ fees.

:thumbsup2

keep 'em coming.

I'm needing to secure one for 12/09 but obviously have a while to wait.

$45 would be great!

Also got the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista (formerly Sunspree). Not sure of its 3.5* rating, mixed reviews :confused3 but will wait, see how it is. Good location for sure. Pricelined for 2 nights, end of October, for $49/night - which is a very decent deal for that side of WDW, even w/ fees.

We will be there 9/20-24! We got ours for $40 a night!!!!

has anyone been able to get a hotel on hotel plaza blvd with the name you own price? would like to get one but not for the same for what I can get on property

Yes, we have several times. We have stayed at the Double Tree, royal plaza and I forget the name when we stayed, but its now the Wyndam. Its always been somewhat of a sure bet for us.

What zone would be good for someone to bid if they are going to be doing Disney, but also want to go to Legoland? Maybe something close to I-4?

Anyone book priceline/hotwire over Christmas Holidays 2012??

I booked 2 years ago and rec'd an awesome $55.00 rate at Residence Inn near Sea World -- was awesome.. As I think about it, it was after Christmas Day thru New Years...

Has anyone had an success?

Booked today through priceline, for Sept 9th

3* Downtown Disney, Lake Buena Vista

Bid $40, accepted for Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort
Total cost with tax $52.52

booked for 2 nights in oct 21. downtown disney resort @ $105. we got marriott world resort

oct 6-11, lake buena vista, extended stay deluxe, 2*, $31 a night.

direct the best they could offer is $90... got a great deal!

Lake Buena Vista/Downtown for 3 1/2 stars $42 for 9/28/12

Started off with $39 Lake Buena Vista/Downtown for 3 1/2 stars
added Kissimmee $40 (no 3.5 star hotels)
added Winter Park $41 (no 3.5 star hotels)
added Fern Park $42 accepted (no 3.5 star hotels)

Ending up with Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista for $42. I was guessing this is the hotel I would get in the area I wanted.
I stayed here 2 years ago just after they renovated. Had no issues then, hoping for the same this time around.
We arrive in Orlando at 9pm so just needed a decent hotel for a 1 night stay before checking into Disney Property.

$42 winning bid
$12.80 tax/fees
$54.80 total
Plus resort fees charged at check out.

Has anyone bid or got results for around Christmas (12/23 thru 12/30) give or take a few days before and after... .. either near WDW or Universal area...

Thanks!!! :)

Georgette

We have used Priceline many times,and always hit a good price, beautiful hotel and lucked out with the beds -- we are a family of 5. Since Priceline doesn't guarantee the type of bed, and also says bids are for 2 people in standard room. But, like I said we lucked out and always had big room, with plenty if beds. Until this past august when we took our yearly mini vacation. Our hotel was beautiful, our room big and lavish, but only had 1 king bed -- for 5 of us -- 2 adults and 3 teenage girls.
We tried to switch rooms, but all the rooms were taken. We made the best if it -- turning a big chaise lounge into a bed and havingnmore blaanketsband pillows brought up -- im just glad it was a little long werkend 2 hours from hone getaway and not a long, important vacation.
We also found out that some hotels cannot even legally have 5 in a room. I guess for fire code too. In those hotels, a family of 5 has to book 2 rooms.
So, as much I love Priceline, saved a ton money, stayed in some lovely hotels worth way more than what we paid, I am going to be very careful next time I book that way. I guess you can request bed type ect, but we were told it isn't a guarantee and really depends on what the hotel has available. The hotel does not HAVE to put in a room that you request. And once you put in your bid you agree to pricelines policy including rooms are for 2 people. They fill up all the rooms from normal paying people, and fill the Priceline, and other related type paying customers last, with whatever is still available. So, if you go when it's not busy, your probably gong to be ok. But, if you go during a busy time, you may end up not so lucky.
If your a family of 3 or more, be careful when bidding!

We have used Priceline many times,and always hit a good price, beautiful hotel and lucked out with the beds -- we are a family of 5. Since Priceline doesn't guarantee the type of bed, and also says bids are for 2 people in standard room. But, like I said we lucked out and always had big room, with plenty if beds. Until this past august when we took our yearly mini vacation. Our hotel was beautiful, our room big and lavish, but only had 1 king bed -- for 5 of us -- 2 adults and 3 teenage girls.
We tried to switch rooms, but all the rooms were taken. We made the best if it -- turning a big chaise lounge into a bed and havingnmore blaanketsband pillows brought up -- im just glad it was a little long werkend 2 hours from hone getaway and not a long, important vacation.
We also found out that some hotels cannot even legally have 5 in a room. I guess for fire code too. In those hotels, a family of 5 has to book 2 rooms.
So, as much I love Priceline, saved a ton money, stayed in some lovely hotels worth way more than what we paid, I am going to be very careful next time I book that way. I guess you can request bed type ect, but we were told it isn't a guarantee and really depends on what the hotel has available. The hotel does not HAVE to put in a room that you request. And once you put in your bid you agree to pricelines policy including rooms are for 2 people. They fill up all the rooms from normal paying people, and fill the Priceline, and other related type paying customers last, with whatever is still available. So, if you go when it's not busy, your probably gong to be ok. But, if you go during a busy time, you may end up not so lucky.
If your a family of 3 or more, be careful when bidding!

This is exactly why I use Hotwire instead of PL. I can search for 2 adults, 2 children and get the bedding we need. Never had a problem.

10/5 - MCO- bid $40 2.5*- got the Country Inn & Suites close to the airport for one night.

10/7-10/9 - Sea World/I Drive area- got Rosen Plaza 3.5* for two nights, $42.00

Also rented a car via priceline, 11 nights, standard size, 11.00/day. That's with Avis and I felt that it was a good deal.

We always stay in Ocala the night before we check in at Disney, it's only an hours drive in the morning, and saves us an hours drive the night before. We drive from the Nashville TN area so an hours extra rest the night before is nice. Anyway, I got us a Priceline ressie at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites- 2queen beds- for $59. I never tried PL before. I wonder if I should have tried for an even lower price. It is a 3star hotel with indoor halls. Looks nice, and I'm sure cheaper than if we just reserved online. With tax it ended up $71.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter