Priceline Express Deals

For anyone looking for early July, check Hotwire. I was able to get Pop Century for July 5 for $88. It would come and go. Originally I was looking for the weekend and it was available, but then I decided on one night only. For days it would only show up as able to book for the entire weekend and then yesterday I was able to book the Friday only. Keep checking and trying!

I just tried July 1-7 and Pop shows up for $80 a night - multiple nights are available.

When these deals are released are they typically easier to get for short stays or by breaking up a longer stay into shorter stays? I don’t see anyone reporting that they got a certain resort for a 7 or 10 day stay for example . Just curious. :)

I’m not sure about this year, but I got AKL week before Xmas 2018 for $184 and believe prices were as low as $166.

For anyone looking for early July, check Hotwire. I was able to get Pop Century for July 5 for $88. It would come and go. Originally I was looking for the weekend and it was available, but then I decided on one night only. For days it would only show up as able to book for the entire weekend and then yesterday I was able to book the Friday only. Keep checking and trying!

I just tried July 1-7 and Pop shows up for $80 a night - multiple nights are available.

I am looking for July 4-7 but am only able to get July 5-7. I wonder if I book that and then the 4th on the Disney site would they be able to combine the reservations?

I am looking for July 4-7 but am only able to get July 5-7. I wonder if I book that and then the 4th on the Disney site would they be able to combine the reservations?
If it’s the same exact resort and view category, they can put a note on the reservation booked directly though Disney and try to make it a “continuing” reservation, but no guarantee you will stay in the same room. It makes sense for the resort to try its hardest because it’s one less check-out and full cleaning, but who knows logistically.

Disney won’t even combine rooms booked directly through Disney if they are the same category, but different discounts (i.e. 1 full price night and 1 AP rate night).

If it’s the same exact resort and view category, they can put a note on the reservation booked directly though Disney and try to make it a “continuing” reservation, but no guarantee you will stay in the same room. It makes sense for the resort to try its hardest because it’s one less check-out and full cleaning, but who knows logistically.

Disney won’t even combine rooms booked directly through Disney if they are the same category, but different discounts (i.e. 1 full price night and 1 AP rate night).

Thanks! It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to change rooms.

When these deals are released are they typically easier to get for short stays or by breaking up a longer stay into shorter stays? I don’t see anyone reporting that they got a certain resort for a 7 or 10 day stay for example . Just curious. :)
It is kind of a mix up - some deals are in odd groups of days where you need to try sliding your start and end dates around to get things to show in results. There are other deal drops where you could book weeks in a row.

Thanks! It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to change rooms.
When we had back-to-back reservations at Pop they had already allocated us the same room even though I hadn't called to link them. We were going to come back after moving offsite for two nights. I went to the front desk to put in a request for a refurbished room for the third reservation and the concierge simply allocated the room right then and there. He was great!

How close to the date do you feel comfortable doing a deal on Priceline? Sounds like it can take several days to get into the hotel system.
You will want a couple of days buffer before to allow for the 60 day FP+ and or the 30 day FP+ if either of these are of interest to you.

Also weekends and especially holiday weekends seem to take the most time to clear the PL system and make it to Disney's reservation system.

I ended up plugging in July 3-7 and got Pop for $377 for 4 nights! I won't get in till late the first night but I ended up paying less for 4 nights than 3 nights on the Disney site! :)

What did you search to have Pop come up? I have tried multiple searches for the last week on Priceline and Hotwire for July 2-7 (or various dates therein) and haven't been able to get any Disney hotel deals

Hi! I'm planning a trip in Nov. I found an express deal for Swan/Dolphin on priceline. I tried to call Mariot to see if they'd price match (apparently they don't anymore). They said something about how 3rd parties won't give money back etc. Now this has me scared. Have you had any problems booking through priceline? I'm worried they might not honor the reservation?

Hi! I'm planning a trip in Nov. I found an express deal for Swan/Dolphin on priceline. I tried to call Mariot to see if they'd price match (apparently they don't anymore). They said something about how 3rd parties won't give money back etc. Now this has me scared. Have you had any problems booking through priceline? I'm worried they might not honor the reservation?
I’ve never had an issue! But they are right - Priceline Express deals are all sales final so there is no flexibility to cancel. Never had an issue with my room or them not honoring anything.

What did you search to have Pop come up? I have tried multiple searches for the last week on Priceline and Hotwire for July 2-7 (or various dates therein) and haven't been able to get any Disney hotel deals

For Hotwire, I put in Orlando, FL and my dates. When the map comes up I click on Bonnet Creek area, then click Amenities and select Airport Shuttle. I then sort by price low to high and it's there at the top. It's still showing for July 3-7 right now at $83 per night. When you click on the little picture at the top left of the listing it shows the inside of a Pop room.

For Hotwire, I put in Orlando, FL and my dates. When the map comes up I click on Bonnet Creek area, then click Amenities and select Airport Shuttle. I then sort by price low to high and it's there at the top. It's still showing for July 3-7 right now at $83 per night. When you click on the little picture at the top left of the listing it shows the inside of a Pop room.
Thanks for the advise! I didn't see it yesterday.

Need opinions...

Not going until May, prices booking direct with Disney are pretty high - I know there might be discounts released but who knows if/when/how much - and I know that the PL best express deal are 6 weeks out.
On our dates (first couple of weeks in May) all 3 AS resorts appear to be "on hold" or sold out or something by cheerleaders. The biggest cheerleading competition in the world is happening those 2 weeks. So the other resorts might sell faster than usual since the AS are not available.

Just for fun I checked PL and what looks to be (and Canary agreed with my guess) Swan is available for our dates. With resort fees the price per night is $256.80. Dolphin is showing at $244.38 per night fees included. It is actually cheaper than what CBR or POFQ are if I book right now through Disney. On Sam's Club the Dolphin is available for $239.75 per night (fees included). From what I've read Swan is nicer than Dolphin (queen beds vs doubles, smaller hotel).

Is this a good PL express rate for the Swan? Is the Dolphin found for better? Better to stay at Swan/Dolphin or Disney owned? We have never stayed off property (not even Swan/Dolphin on-off property ;)) and the past few years we have been going to DLR so I feel out of the WDW loop. I know it is far out but I got a bit of sticker shock when I saw the 2020 rates & the AP increase. I would love to find a PL deal for a value (or POFQ :lovestruc) for the rates found recently but with all those cheerleaders I doubt I will find a Disney hotel for my dates.

Last edited:
a 3* resort, correct?

Is this a good PL express rate for the Swan? Is the Dolphin found for better? Better to stay at Swan/Dolphin or Disney owned?
Good questions, that I would answer by asking you more questions ;)

What are the demographics of your party? Have you ever stayed on Crescent Lake and enjoyed the boats or walking to Epcot and DHS? Will you focus at all on the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival?

You might want to join us over on the swan/dolphin resort thread. I’m a HUGE fan of these resorts but I don’t have kids and while I love Disney theming, I don’t need it in my room. I’m happy to visit the nearby resorts for a taste of the theme but return to a modern, sleek room with a truly heavenly bed.

FWIW I will only book a king room at the Dolphin so if you can secure one I find it just about the same as the Swan. I like the QS in the Dolphin (Picabu) quite a bit and you cannot beat the opportunity to walk or boat to two parks. They are much nicer resorts than any disney values and most of the moderates in my opinion. CSR is another favorite but obviously I prefer the location and convenience of Swan/Dolphin. What’s the Sam’s Club cancellation policy? You could book it and keep watching if it’s at all flexible.

Need opinions...

Not going until May, prices booking direct with Disney are pretty high - I know there might be discounts released but who knows if/when/how much - and I know that the PL best express deal are 6 weeks out.
On our dates (first couple of weeks in May) all 3 AS resorts appear to be "on hold" or sold out or something by cheerleaders. The biggest cheerleading competition in the world is happening those 2 weeks. So the other resorts might sell faster than usual since the AS are not available.

Just for fun I checked PL and what looks to be (and Canary agreed with my guess) Swan is available for our dates. With resort fees the price per night is $256.80. Dolphin is showing at $244.38 per night fees included. It is actually cheaper than what CBR or POFQ are if I book right now through Disney. On Sam's Club the Dolphin is available for $239.75 per night (fees included). From what I've read Swan is nicer than Dolphin (queen beds vs doubles, smaller hotel).

Is this a good PL express rate for the Swan? Is the Dolphin found for better? Better to stay at Swan/Dolphin or Disney owned? We have never stayed off property (not even Swan/Dolphin on-off property ;)) and the past few years we have been going to DLR so I feel out of the WDW loop. I know it is far out but I got a bit of sticker shock when I saw the 2020 rates & the AP increase. I would love to find a PL deal for a value (or POFQ :lovestruc) for the rates found recently but with all those cheerleaders I doubt I will find a Disney hotel for my dates.
I’ll just say that you may be right about the all stars being sold out - as a coach myself we ended up doing Hotwire express deal for 12 rooms to accommodate our cheerleaders when there was no availability at any of the all stars/values. I will say it was just our team and one other at AKL so you may find a mod/deluxe.

Last edited:
Good questions, that I would answer by asking you more questions ;)

What are the demographics of your party? Have you ever stayed on Crescent Lake and enjoyed the boats or walking to Epcot and DHS? Will you focus at all on the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival?

You might want to join us over on the swan/dolphin resort thread. I’m a HUGE fan of these resorts but I don’t have kids and while I love Disney theming, I don’t need it in my room. I’m happy to visit the nearby resorts for a taste of the theme but return to a modern, sleek room with a truly heavenly bed.

FWIW I will only book a king room at the Dolphin so if you can secure one I find it just about the same as the Swan. I like the QS in the Dolphin (Picabu) quite a bit and you cannot beat the opportunity to walk or boat to two parks. They are much nicer resorts than any disney values and most of the moderates in my opinion. CSR is another favorite but obviously I prefer the location and convenience of Swan/Dolphin. What’s the Sam’s Club cancellation policy? You could book it and keep watching if it’s at all flexible.
Thanks! I will look up the Swan/Dolphin thread. I skimmed the threads but did not see it right away so I figured I would ask here. There will be 3 of us (one 17y.o) and possibly another room with 2 other adults. I used to be a CM at the BW and at BC and took public transportation to get to work - I know all about the Friendship launch and the walk between DHS and the resorts ;) I would take the public bus to TTC and from there take a Disney bus to DHS, then take the FL. Or I would take the monorail to Epcot and hoof it across the park. Basically I just want a good deal and if I can get that AND be so close to 2 parks I am good.

Without any discounts - right now the Dolphin deal from Sam's is just $300 more (total) than a standard at Pop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter