Priceline Express Deals

My understanding is if you booked another hotel that would qualify and link that hotel into MDE before canceling the other one then the FP+ is unaffected. If you cancel first then book that is when you run into the issues I believe. DO NOT quote me on this tho.

I know booking another qualifying stay will (should) keep FP intact. What doesn't seem clear is if you cancel a hotel that qualifies for 60-day FP, and then cancel without reserving another one that also qualifies. It seems Disney is cancelling the FPs if it's more than 30 days, but I'm not sure we have confirmation if those FP disappear if the qualifying 60-day reservation is cancelled within the 30-day period. Most of the TPAS chatter is from when the FP started to be cancelled, and I don't think there are many DP about cancellation without rebooking.

I need opinions. I can see Hilton Palace Buena Vista for $83, with taxes and parking and fees it’s going to end up being like $450 for 3 nights, or I can get a LM room at AoA for $207 a night. Is the LM room worth it. I’ve never stayed at either so idk which one is more conveniently located and nicer of the two. We will have a rental car and we’re just doing 2 days at Disney. It’s a quick trip for my son who’s a senior this year, but he has Autism and loves all things vacation. TIA

I can also see HW deals for Wyndham Bonnet creek and a couple other Disney official resorts at discount if anyone has any suggestions.

I know booking another qualifying stay will (should) keep FP intact. What doesn't seem clear is if you cancel a hotel that qualifies for 60-day FP, and then cancel without reserving another one that also qualifies. It seems Disney is cancelling the FPs if it's more than 30 days, but I'm not sure we have confirmation if those FP disappear if the qualifying 60-day reservation is cancelled within the 30-day period. Most of the TPAS chatter is from when the FP started to be cancelled, and I don't think there are many DP about cancellation without rebooking.

My plan is to book another qualifying stay. I wouldn't take the chance with anything getting canceled. I've done this before and it has worked out for me, unless they have changed the rules recently - which they sometimes do!

Thanks everyone!

I need opinions. I can see Hilton Palace Buena Vista for $83, with taxes and parking and fees it’s going to end up being like $450 for 3 nights, or I can get a LM room at AoA for $207 a night. Is the LM room worth it. I’ve never stayed at either so idk which one is more conveniently located and nicer of the two. We will have a rental car and we’re just doing 2 days at Disney. It’s a quick trip for my son who’s a senior this year, but he has Autism and loves all things vacation. TIA

I can also see HW deals for Wyndham Bonnet creek and a couple other Disney official resorts at discount if anyone has any suggestions.
I haven’t stayed at LM rooms, but the extra $$$ would not be worth it to me. I’m cheap. Also make sure you add the parking fees at AoA into your calculations.

AoA has the big blue pool, but the Hilton has better water features in their pool area.

If you have a car, the convenience isn’t much different -you will still use the TTC when going to MK.

I've stayed twice at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and I love their lazy river. It's also walking distance to Disney Springs (if you don't want to drive the rental car). I've never stayed at AoA though.

There’s a 3.5 stay at bonnet creek on HW right now for $77/night. No resort fee. Amenities include business center, fitness center, pet friendly, pools, restaurants, smoke free room

Also says free breakfast, free internet, free parking

Any clue?
I tried betterbidding and it was uncertain

$207 is standard rate for LM rooms at AoA. Someone was able to get a PLE at the beginning of the month for $90 range which is a great deal. I’ve stayed in the rooms. They are adorable and love the Big Blue Pool at AoA. I would not stay there for $200. I’d choose Port Orleans or somewhere else for the same price if I was willing to spend the $.
But here on Priceline, I’m all about saving $ to do more while on vacation. If you stay at the Hilton Palace Buena Vista, the resort has daily resort fee of $35 plus tax and a self-parking fee of $22 + tax/day. Valet parking is available for $30 plus tax daily. Disney Park shuttles run to the Walt Disney World theme parks every 30 minutes (via the Disney Springs Hotel Area bus service). So make sure to add this into your budget.

There’s a 3.5 stay at bonnet creek on HW right now for $77/night. No resort fee. Amenities include business center, fitness center, pet friendly, pools, restaurants, smoke free room

Any clue?
What are your dates? I think it’s TownePlace Suites Orlando at Flamingo Crossings

Last edited:

Any clue?
9/26-9/29
im pretty certain it’s TownePlace Suites Orlando at Flamingo Crossings. If you hit book now, there’s no resort fee. I looked it up with different dates on better bidding. Comes up 100% match.

im pretty certain it’s TownePlace Suites Orlando at Flamingo Crossings. If you hit book now, there’s no resort fee. I looked it up with different dates on better bidding. Comes up 100% match.
+1 I can't think of any other property that doesn't have either a resort fee or a parking fee let alone free breakfast.

Years ago I posted at betterbidding asking about using resort fees to help identify properties. Back then BB didn't think the resort fees listed could be reliably used. You can't really complain if Hotwire says your resort has a $40 resort fee when you check listings but only shows a $30 resort fee after you complete your purchase.

It sure likes you can currently use resort fees, at least in Orlando, to help identify a hotel.

It would be a lot more opaque if the hotel added the resort fee to the room rate and let Hotwire collect the fee in advance.

I haven’t stayed at LM rooms, but the extra $$$ would not be worth it to me. I’m cheap. Also make sure you add the parking fees at AoA into your calculations.

AoA has the big blue pool, but the Hilton has better water features in their pool area.

If you have a car, the convenience isn’t much different -you will still use the TTC when going to MK.
We just stayed in an LM room I got on PLE for $74 last week. I wouldn't do it again without a car, but it sounds like that is a non issue for you. I really liked the resort other than that long walk to the main building. With a car, I'd drive everywhere except MK, for which I'd still bus. I appreciate the disney bubble, so in your case I think I'd book a room only for AofA now and keep checking for a discount thru disney somewhere or on PLE for a disney resort up until that cancellation window hits and then make a decision. FWIW, I could stay at any of the hilton properties for free but choose to pay for WDW resorts, so I clearly like being in the bubble. :teeth:

We just stayed in an LM room I got on PLE for $74 last week. I wouldn't do it again without a car, but it sounds like that is a non issue for you. I really liked the resort other than that long walk to the main building. With a car, I'd drive everywhere except MK, for which I'd still bus. I appreciate the disney bubble, so in your case I think I'd book a room only for AofA now and keep checking for a discount thru disney somewhere or on PLE for a disney resort up until that cancellation window hits and then make a decision. FWIW, I could stay at any of the hilton properties for free but choose to pay for WDW resorts, so I clearly like being in the bubble. :teeth:
I agree.
@dizzydrop I seen a preferred room at All Star Movies cheaper than LM room. Their rooms are refurbished and you would be closer to the front of the resort. You can always cancel the room within 5 days if you book a room only and not a package. Then you can try to get a cheaper room in the mean time. I do this all the time trying to get a better deal.

Last edited:
Can someone help a newbie out? I am playing with PLE and HC to get a feel for it before I book anything. Looking for on property for four nights in early Nov. and I'm in a panic.

I have a room booked at Best Western Disney Springs (refundable) through PL. I noticed when I search for PLE deals it shows me the BW rooms unmasked and says "because you've stayed here before".

So, I booked some other refundable rooms that are only for 1-2 days of our trip at on property hotels. (Can't find all 4 nights on site through PL.) If a PLE deal shows up at one of the resorts where I have a one night reservation will PLE unmask them as well? I thought it would only show me the resort if I've actually checked in but my BW ressie seems to be making that happen now.

Also, HC does not seem to give me probability when it lists more than one possible hotel for a booking. I thought it could do that?

Thanks!

Can someone help a newbie out? I am playing with PLE and HC to get a feel for it before I book anything. Looking for on property for four nights in early Nov. and I'm in a panic.

I have a room booked at Best Western Disney Springs (refundable) through PL. I noticed when I search for PLE deals it shows me the BW rooms unmasked and says "because you've stayed here before".

So, I booked some other refundable rooms that are only for 1-2 days of our trip at on property hotels. (Can't find all 4 nights on site through PL.) If a PLE deal shows up at one of the resorts where I have a one night reservation will PLE unmask them as well? I thought it would only show me the resort if I've actually checked in but my BW ressie seems to be making that happen now.

Also, HC does not seem to give me probability when it lists more than one possible hotel for a booking. I thought it could do that?

Thanks!
Regarding just the Hotel Canary part of your question: Once in awhile you'll get a "VERY LIKELY" one one resort in the HC list, but I'd rely more on comparing the resort stars, ratings, reviews and location to strengthen your guess.

I would assume if a deal does pop for the resort you've already booked that you would get the "you've stayed here before." Of course, PL likes to be mysterious, so anything is possible.
Unless something changed overnight, I haven't seen any Express Deals for Disney resorts past the next week. Hopefully that changes soon for people!

Kind of a random question, is the hotel more likely to assign you a bad room (in terms of location and view) since you booked at such a discounted price? Just curious, won't really care this trip as won't be in the room that much.

Question: does anyone know how modifying a refundable reservation works with priceline/hotwire?

I'm going to WDW in November for 6 nights. The first night is booked onsite, and the next 5 are at a DS hotel - fully refundable. However, I'm hoping to find a good deal on a WDW hotel for at least another night or two to extend my time onsite. I know I can easily cancel whole the Hotwire booking, but can I drop a night or two from the beginning of my stay without messing with the rates I have on the following nights? Do I go through Hotwire or the hotel? I chose pay at the hotel, so there's no refund to process.

Kind of a random question, is the hotel more likely to assign you a bad room (in terms of location and view) since you booked at such a discounted price? Just curious, won't really care this trip as won't be in the room that much.
The only time I had a Priceline room for a Disney resort (less than $100/night at French Quarter) we had a room super close to the front. That was over a year ago though.

Question: does anyone know how modifying a refundable reservation works with priceline/hotwire?

I'm going to WDW in November for 6 nights. The first night is booked onsite, and the next 5 are at a DS hotel - fully refundable. However, I'm hoping to find a good deal on a WDW hotel for at least another night or two to extend my time onsite. I know I can easily cancel whole the Hotwire booking, but can I drop a night or two from the beginning of my stay without messing with the rates I have on the following nights? Do I go through Hotwire or the hotel? I chose pay at the hotel, so there's no refund to process.
I think you'd have to go through Hotwire/PL to modify since they booked it for you. I am in the same boat - I want to shorten my stay at POP by one night but the PL site won't let me since there is no availability anymore at POP for my dates. The only thing I can do to my reservation online is cancel it. I may try to call PL and see if anyone can work around the online roadblock.

We booked AKL through Hotwire hot rate $221 total. Here was our view!

Attachments

• 62A410D3-E2BA-4F84-BD1A-61AF9B766105.jpeg
    62A410D3-E2BA-4F84-BD1A-61AF9B766105.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 36

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter