• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

No idea why either but it seems to happen regularly. A few weeks ago availability on Hotwire Hot Rates was suddenly crazy good. Rooms at peak times thru to November. Then it all went poof and is now slowly trickling back. Disney can be weird.
How do you use Hotel Canary on Hotwire? I have tried. I finally figured out PL so...

I'm hoping someone could help me with a deal on Hotwire. I am looking at 10/26-11/2 to help some friends find a good deal and keep randomly checking both priceline and hotwire. I see there is a 3 star hotel available for $154/night in the Bonnet Creek area with amenity of an airport shuttle, which makes me think it's a Disney resort. However, I can't place what it would be, as it seems a little expensive for a regular value room. I'm thinking maybe a family suite at AllStar, but that resort isn't showing up as available through Hotwire...the only 3 star resort showing up is Art of Animation and $154/night seems a little cheap for that. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit to add: Never mind, I refreshed and it is gone now! Will keep watching...

Last edited:

I booked AKL via Priceline Express deal last week and just rang Disney Wholesale because MDE wasn’t accepting it and was told it’s because there’s no availability. :( :(

Priceline has not contacted me yet. To make matters worse I added one night they did accept so now I have a random paid for overnight stay I expect Priceline won't refund.

If Priceline can’t honor the original booking you should be able to get a refund on both. When you get final word call and talk to an agent. I’ve had success before getting refunds for ‘non-refundable’ reservations for different issues.

Has anyone ever seen a 1-bedroom suite on PL or HW? If so, is there any way to know it's a true suite (as opposed to a studio)? We usually book 2 rooms (and request connecting) because DD goes to bed hours earlier than everyone else.

Question #2: I've read through all the posts, and it seems like "Airport Shuttle" in Bonnett Creek on Hotwire is always a Disney resort. Has anyone ever gotten a non-Disney property with those characteristics? I really want Disney transportation, but I don't care which Disney resort I get.

Question #3: If I make a room-only reservation and later book a room on PL or HW, is it as simple as adding the second hotel reservation to MDE and then cancelling the first at least 6 days before the check-in date? I wouldn't want to lose my FPs. (Please let me know if this post belongs on the FP board.)

Question #3: If I make a room-only reservation and later book a room on PL or HW, is it as simple as adding the second hotel reservation to MDE and then cancelling the first at least 6 days before the check-in date? I wouldn't want to lose my FPs. (Please let me know if this post belongs on the FP board.)
I did something similar. Originally Had a room booked at Pop on a bounceback offer, found a great rate on Hotwire for Port Orleans French Quarter, booked that, and once I confirmed the POFQ reservation in MDE, I canceled my pop reservation. Nothing happened to my FPs. I Will note though, I have APs, but it shouldn't matter.

Has anyone ever seen a 1-bedroom suite on PL or HW? If so, is there any way to know it's a true suite (as opposed to a studio)? We usually book 2 rooms (and request connecting) because DD goes to bed hours earlier than everyone else.

I've seen Art of Animation family suites or the All Stars family suites quite a bit if that's something that would work for your family.

I booked AKL via Priceline Express deal last week and just rang Disney Wholesale because MDE wasn’t accepting it and was told it’s because there’s no availability. :( :(

Priceline has not contacted me yet. To make matters worse I added one night they did accept so now I have a random paid for overnight stay I expect Priceline won't refund.

Wow! I've never seen this happen before. I hope you get it resolved.

I rang priceline today and they sorted it out!! :-) They put me on hold for about 20 minutes while they rang Disney but then the number worked and I could add it to MDE. I then rang Disney Wholesale to add the kids with no issues.

So relived, and impressed with Priceline.
So glad everything worked out for you!

And thank you for providing us all with a useful data point in case this happens to someone else!

I've seen Art of Animation family suites or the All Stars family suites quite a bit if that's something that would work for your family.

Is there a way to know that it's a suite? I see a 3-star on Hotwire Aug 18-21 for $192, and I think it's AoA from the distances. I think it might be a regular room since all three all-stars are listed at $141 for the same nights (obliquely, but the distances are exactly right for All Stars). I think I prefer connecting value rooms to the family suites because I'm a bit concerned about the pull-out sofa in the suite being uncomfortable for an adult. If the skyliner were opening for our August trip, an uncomfortable bed would be an acceptable risk.

And, thanks, Wubar! I will be mindful to book our tickets separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter