• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

my POFQ reservation went up $150 when I added my 2 kids.
Same.
Cheap move on HW part. No remedy either, as there is no way to "know" what an opaque room is, hence no way to "know" they are adding fees when Disney doesn't do the same for small children.

Better to have loved and lost I guess

Same.
Cheap move on HW part. No remedy either, as there is no way to "know" what an opaque room is, hence no way to "know" they are adding fees when Disney doesn't do the same for small children.

Better to have loved and lost I guess
exactly. using HW/PL is a high risk-high reward endeavor. it always has been. I'll be watching for a new workaround ;)

Abby from wholesale just confirmed that the new enforcement includes all 3rd party bookings.
That’s a bummer - as it likely takes PLE deals off the table for families. The terms of PLE limit those deals to 2 adults. If you try to change the number on their site, you’ll find you can’t. IIRC, earlier posts had tried to contact PL about adding kids or additional guests, and either got shut down because of the “2 adult limit” or were told they’d need Disney to send PL something clearing it. That was part of what led most people to contact Disney Wholesale first as they used to just take care of it. Having dealt with PL customer service about other matters concerning Disney stays, I am less than optimistic that they’ll do much of anything to help in this situation.

That’s a bummer - as it likely takes PLE deals off the table for families. The terms of PLE limit those deals to 2 adults. If you try to change the number on their site, you’ll find you can’t. IIRC, earlier posts had tried to contact PL about adding kids or additional guests, and either got shut down because of the “2 adult limit” or were told they’d need Disney to send PL something clearing it. That was part of what led most people to contact Disney Wholesale first as they used to just take care of it. Having dealt with PL customer service about other matters concerning Disney stays, I am less than optimistic that they’ll do much of anything to help in this situation.
Lots of questions and digging to be done.
From priceline
How can I add a Name to my Reservation?
Please contact your confirmed hotel to make note of the additional name on the reservation.

Also, PL guarantees double occupancy, but that doesn't say they only allow double occupancy.

So is Disney violating Pricelines TOS? Or

Lots of questions and digging to be done.
From priceline
How can I add a Name to my Reservation?
Please contact your confirmed hotel to make note of the additional name on the reservation.

Also, PL guarantees double occupancy, but that doesn't say they only allow double occupancy.
Definitely right on that - I went back and looked at my PL confirmations and they say the same - that the reservation guarantees 2 adults, but contact the hotel to add additional guests (and that the hotel may have an additional charge).

There’s the real question - will PL point someone back to Disney to add guests, and then Disney tells them they need to contact PL, and so on in a never ending cycle? Seems like it since PL’s policy is to tell the guest to contact the hotel to add guests, and Disney’s policy is to tell the guest that PL must add additional guests.

It seems absurd, but I’ve had a similar runaround before trying to get either PL or Disney to provide a missing confirmation number on a booking. Spent a long time on the phone as each one kept telling me I needed to get it from the other one (finally got someone at Disney Wholesale to get to the bottom of it).

Definitely right on that - I went back and looked at my PL confirmations and they say the same - that the reservation guarantees 2 adults, but contact the hotel to add additional guests (and that the hotel may have an additional charge).

There’s the real question - will PL point someone back to Disney to add guests, and then Disney tells them they need to contact PL, and so on in a never ending cycle? Seems like it since PL’s policy is to tell the guest to contact the hotel to add guests, and Disney’s policy is to tell the guest that PL must add additional guests.

It seems absurd, but I’ve had a similar runaround before trying to get either PL or Disney to provide a missing confirmation number on a booking. Spent a long time on the phone as each one kept telling me I needed to get it from the other one (finally got someone at Disney Wholesale to get to the bottom of it).
On top of that, we kind of live in a bubble in this forum.
PL and HW policies are worldwide and apply to all.
Ive never tried adding additional guests to a non Disney opaque deal, I've just showed up with the kids and no issues.
It would be great to hear from a Dis CM to know what would happen if you just showed up with additional guests (3rd party booking).
The dining plan, DME and 60 day FP doesn't apply to me though.

On top of that, we kind of live in a bubble in this forum.
PL and HW policies are worldwide and apply to all.
Ive never tried adding additional guests to a non Disney opaque deal, I've just showed up with the kids and no issues.
It would be great to hear from a Dis CM to know what would happen if you just showed up with additional guests (3rd party booking).
The dining plan, DME and 60 day FP doesn't apply to me though.
In one of my calls to Disney wholesale this week - it was suggested to me that I could just add the kids to the reservation at the resort, I am booked in a guaranteed 2Q room (Hotwire), so I don’t anticipate that to be a problem once I’m on property ..... UNLESS ... the CM at the resort says they can’t do that because it’s a 3rd party booking.

I only need my kids added so they can use DME. We have our bands, tickets, etc.

This is a bummer :/

If DME is not needed, I am wondering if it could still be possible to take advantage of these deals?
We booked an add-on one night stay to our existing 2-night stay (booked directly with WDW) at CSR last summer - we had a rental car. This was my first time doing PLE (or at least with WDW resorts). PLE wouldn't let me add DD25 and DD13 to the reservation it kept defaulting to two people. I didn't know about calling wholesale at the time.

I was worried about the number of beds but when I checked out CSR I learned the likelihood of getting a room w/king bed was slim to none so I figured I'd sort it out when we got there since we didn't need DME.

The CM at CSR had no problem adding my kids on once we arrived. Their biggest concern was getting my one adult DD a magic band so she could use it to unlock the door.

Edited: I should have read through before posting :). I wonder if it would still be so easy peasy now.

This is a bummer :/

If DME is not needed, I am wondering if it could still be possible to take advantage of these deals?
We booked an add-on one night stay to our existing 2-night stay (booked directly with WDW) at CSR last summer - we had a rental car. This was my first time doing PLE (or at least with WDW resorts). PLE wouldn't let me add DD25 and DD13 to the reservation it kept defaulting to two people. I didn't know about calling wholesale at the time.

I was worried about the number of beds but when I checked out CSR I learned the likelihood of getting a room w/king bed was slim to none so I figured I'd sort it out when we got there since we didn't need DME.

The CM at CSR had no problem adding my kids on once we arrived. Their biggest concern was getting my one adult DD a magic band so she could use it to unlock the door.

Edited: I should have read through before posting :). I wonder if it would still be so easy peasy now.
If you don’t need any of the elements associated with a Disney reservation (DME, magic bands, etc) ... I can’t imagine why there would be a problem using PL or HW.

98X8VQ8NH4 extra 5% off PLE
Book by 03/02/2020 23:59:59 EST, travel any time. Coupon valid for one-time use only, discount applies before taxes and fees

my POFQ reservation went up $150 when I added my 2 kids.
I did try to add my teenager when I made my booking. I tried to add him as a child and as an adult. But when I got to the part on the app after you make the bed selection, it reset my selection to two adults. It could be user error on my part, but I tried multiple times and it kept resetting to two adults. POFQ is back on Hotwire today for a higher price.
The person I talked to in the wholesale departments said my teenagers fast passes wouldn't be affected but I am concerned about adding him to DME.
I have emailed Hotwire and haven't gotten a reply. I may try chat again today.

I did try to add my teenager when I made my booking. I tried to add him as a child and as an adult. But when I got to the part on the app after you make the bed selection, it reset my selection to two adults. It could be user error on my part, but I tried multiple times and it kept resetting to two adults. POFQ is back on Hotwire today for a higher price.
The person I talked to in the wholesale departments said my teenagers fast passes wouldn't be affected but I am concerned about adding him to DME.
I have emailed Hotwire and haven't gotten a reply. I may try chat again today.
Fast passes are connected to the MDE account & park tickets, not the hotel ... UNLESS you’re more than 60 days out and want to book early.

When I booked my HW room, I had the option of choosing beds, which I did. Maybe that’s why I could add 2 kids to the search?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter