Princess half-after party

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Is the wine and dine the only race with an after party? If so, why does the princess cost the same?

Supply and demand. Princess doesn't exactly have a problem selling out. Wine and Dine still had half marathon and challenge spots available in early fall of last year.

W&D has the party because it used to be a night race and would finish straight into a party - that's why they kept that portion when they did the cash-grab change to a morning races with an added 10K and Challenge.

Princess has some kind of event with discounts and things at Disney Springs on Sunday.

W&D has the party because it used to be a night race and would finish straight into a party - that's why they kept that portion when they did the cash-grab change to a morning races with an added 10K and Challenge.

Princess has some kind of event with discounts and things at Disney Springs on Sunday.
Have you ever been to that event?

Is that event any different than marathon weekend? They’ve done Monday “after race” discounts for marathon weekend for years now.

Is that event any different than marathon weekend? They’ve done Monday “after race” discounts for marathon weekend for years now.
There are certain discounts/freebies that are tailored to each race, but it's basically the same thing.

I think for princess there was a free Pandora charm available, and there may have been make-up freebies at Sephora, but Marathon weekend had 25 cent sides at the Polite Pig, so Marathon FTW. :thumbsup2

Links to past discounts, couldn't find Princess but here's marathon and wine and dine:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ney-wine-and-dine-half-marathon-participants/
http://www.chipandco.com/disney-spr...rathon-weekend-discounts-participants-293662/

There are certain discounts/freebies that are tailored to each race, but it's basically the same thing.

I think for princess there was a free Pandora charm available, and there may have been make-up freebies at Sephora, but Marathon weekend had 25 cent sides at the Polite Pig, so Marathon FTW. :thumbsup2

Links to past discounts, couldn't find Princess but here's marathon and wine and dine:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ney-wine-and-dine-half-marathon-participants/
http://www.chipandco.com/disney-spr...rathon-weekend-discounts-participants-293662/
Thank you! I’m kind of upset that princess doesn’t have an after party but oh well. I’m just not sure my knees will be ready to go by October.

Thank you! I’m kind of upset that princess doesn’t have an after party but oh well. I’m just not sure my knees will be ready to go by October.

A) With somewhat consistent training, you'll be amazed how much you'll improve in just over 7 months.

B) If the only reason you'd want to do Wine and Dine is due to the afterparty, make your own Princess afterparty! Go check out a lounge like Trader Sam's, have a dinner at a restaurant of your choice, splurge on a dessert party, get a spa treatment. There's pros and cons to both races, but that wouldn't be one of my deciding factors. (Examples: W&D has the better overall course with more park time, Princess you run through the castle and Magic Kingdom, W&D you have access to the Food and Wine festival booths during your stay, Princess you have significantly lower crowds if your hotel stay extends beyond the race, ect.)

Happy training and planning! :)

A) With somewhat consistent training, you'll be amazed how much you'll improve in just over 7 months.

B) If the only reason you'd want to do Wine and Dine is due to the afterparty, make your own Princess afterparty! Go check out a lounge like Trader Sam's, have a dinner at a restaurant of your choice, splurge on a dessert party, get a spa treatment. There's pros and cons to both races, but that wouldn't be one of my deciding factors. (Examples: W&D has the better overall course with more park time, Princess you run through the castle and Magic Kingdom, W&D you have access to the Food and Wine festival booths during your stay, Princess you have significantly lower crowds if your hotel stay extends beyond the race, ect.)

Happy training and planning! :)
We’ve always been at the end of February so we were also excited to see Halloween, f&w and my birthday is nov 1. I guess if my knees feel better and the half is still open we might register but it will be awhile. I could barely walk today.

Do they anymore, though? Even last year they just said to take medal or bib to DS to get discounts or little freebies. So by the time we got to with our medals everything we were interested in was gone.

The year before it was medals-only so we still got a few things. (the prized string bag from fit2run, oooh) And before that there were way more discounts for food.

I barely looked at the info his year because we were so disappointed last year. And given that I’ve been disappointed by the Dtd/ds “after party” that’s never been a party since my first rundisney even in 2013, I’m just not sure this is really a thing.

(Not talking about the actual after party for winedine)

Also the reason why Wine & Dine is the most expensive half marathon Disney offers (after party ticket + gift card included in registration).
When I look at the cost for w/d and princess they show up as the same. That’s why I was curious about the after party. A pp mentioned that it’s probably supply and demand.

When I look at the cost for w/d and princess they show up as the same. That’s why I was curious about the after party. A pp mentioned that it’s probably supply and demand.
Wow, I hadn't noticed that. Very interesting!

I saw on a TA page affiliated with a facebook group that the 2019 Princess half had an optional upcharge for some type of "celebration". So who knows!

I saw on a TA page affiliated with a facebook group that the 2019 Princess half had an optional upcharge for some type of "celebration". So who knows!

It's either Race Retreat/ChEAR Squad - which offers a tent before and after the half that will have food and characters, or the Agency itself is hosting a private event for runners (Charities do this quite often).

If it's not on the RunDisney page, it's not an official RunDisney event - that doesn't mean they won't add anything ... they have before. But, as a TA that sells RunDisney, I can tell you there is no official "Celebration" being offered at this time by RunDisney as it relates to Princess.

It's either Race Retreat/ChEAR Squad - which offers a tent before and after the half that will have food and characters, or the Agency itself is hosting a private event for runners (Charities do this quite often).

If it's not on the RunDisney page, it's not an official RunDisney event - that doesn't mean they won't add anything ... they have before. But, as a TA that sells RunDisney, I can tell you there is no official "Celebration" being offered at this time by RunDisney as it relates to Princess.
Is the Race Retreat through Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter