Princess Marathon Weekend Itinerary Help

cfnumberone

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for suggestions!

My boyfriend and I are considering a quick trip from Fort Myers Feb 24-25, which I just learned was the Princess Half Marathon. The original plan was to drive up early Sunday morning and spend the day in Epcot (to see Illuminations one last time), stay offsite one night, head to Magic Kingdom most of the day Monday and drive back that night.

Is this doable with the half marathon? Will driving to Epcot be a disaster on Sunday? I hate to switch our days because then we'll be driving back very late Monday night, unless we stay another night and drive back Tuesday. Would splurging for a hopper be worth it to start Sunday elsewhere and hop to Epcot later?

Any input is appreciated!

How early would you be arriving at Epcot on that Sunday?

Originally was hoping to be there around 9 AM, but with traffic concerns I'm guessing 10 is more likely. Maybe even later if that would help us get into the park without traffic jams.

Last edited:
Related question: would parking at HS and walking to EP be a viable option? Is this walk miserable late at night after Illuminations to get back to our car?

Related question: would parking at HS and walking to EP be a viable option? Is this walk miserable late at night after Illuminations to get back to our car?
It’s an option but not a great one. If you park elsewhere it would be better to park at MK and monorail over to Epcot. Otherwise just park at Epcot. Leave early and pick your patience but the race shouldn’t make things too crazy.

It’s an option but not a great one. If you park elsewhere it would be better to park at MK and monorail over to Epcot. Otherwise just park at Epcot. Leave early and pick your patience but the race shouldn’t make things too crazy.

Great, thank you! :)

It may be Unlikely that you will be able to park at EPCOT that early. A few years ago I tried to drive to EOCOT from off property to see my wife finish, which was around 8:30. We were not allowed near EPCOT due to the race route. They sent everybody all the way up to the TTC and we had to monorail down.

For races that don’t go through MK (like Wine and Dine) you can park at EPCOT but the Princess race usually goes through MK.

It may be Unlikely that you will be able to park at EPCOT that early. A few years ago I tried to drive to EOCOT from off property to see my wife finish, which was around 8:30. We were not allowed near EPCOT due to the race route. They sent everybody all the way up to the TTC and we had to monorail down.

For races that don’t go through MK (like Wine and Dine) you can park at EPCOT but the Princess race usually goes through MK.

Okay, good to know. Anyone have an idea what time the Epcot parking lot will be open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter