Princess Peanut's WISH Trip CWF/GKTW Pre-Trip Report! *We're HOME - Pg.37*

Oh--I'm so glad to see this update! I've been wondering what would happen to the trip plans. I'm sure CWF and GKTW would have no problem putting it off, but it would be such a bummer for the kids who have been looking forward to it for so long. Especially, Peanut! I'm sure it's been the thought of her trip that's helped her get through this terrible time. And oh--how the whole family needs the break and deserves some fun times ahead!

Glad to hear everything is working itself out and port and fevers are under control. Here's hoping everything else continues to go as planned!

Thinking of you all!

As for scars...Lisa says she is proud of each and everyone, it shows she is a warrior...I used to worry about them when she was so tiny and she was only 2 weeks old...I would design bathing suits in my head to hide them..now she wears the scars with pride (and has a TON of them, far more than she had as an infant). I am sure Peanut doesn't let them bother her either...it just hurts our Mommy hearts! :hug::grouphug::hug:

B, too! She doesn't have many--just three incisions--but one of them is a good six to eight inches across her abdomen (where they removed her kidney). It's from her right side and wraps around to just about her navel. I call it her 'badge of honour' and tell her to wear it proudly. She does. :)

B, too! She doesn't have many--just three incisions--but one of them is a good six to eight inches across her abdomen (where they removed her kidney). It's from her right side and wraps around to just about her navel. I call it her 'badge of honour' and tell her to wear it proudly. She does. :)

I always call Lisa's her badges of honor as well. Her longest scar is from her chest to mid belly..but she has so many I haven't ever counted them all. She has some that are simple stab wounds from drains and wires to deep/long ones, to a PEG coming out of her belly...Now I am curious how many there are...there are three on her neck alone and each hand, arm, wrist, leg and of course her chest and belly area looks like railroad tracks. She used to ask people when she was smaller how many open heart surgeries they had. She thought it was normal to have at least one.

Kristy, I didn't hear back form my last PM, Praying that means you are busy getting things ready for the trip!!!!!! :hug::goodvibes:flower3::goodvibes:hug:

Hoping you are at home, resting and getting ready for your trip!

WE ARE HOME!!! :yay:

It feels amazing to be home, and today has been quite a day. 3 Drs appts in two different cities. We saw her Paed around noon, and then drove 2 hours to see her GI Specilalist and Surgeon. Her Surgeon said that once we know her infection is 100% gone, he'll put in the new port. He said its quite possible he'll have to put it on the other side of her chest, ugh. So my guess is in 2-3 weeks she'll be back in the OR. Peanut is doing well, all things considered. Her incisions are looking okay (they were draining quite a bit), and she is quite bruised but feels okay - as long as nothing is pushing on her chest. She isn't 100%, not even close, but day by day she gets stronger. That infection really took its toll on her, and then the surgery. It was just so much for her. :sad2: Truthfully, I was REALLY scared for her. :sad1: She saw her Paed this morning (who checked on her incisions), and said she could quite likely continue getting fevers on and off, ugh. She said its just the infection working its way out of her body. She said when they removed the port, its quite likely the infection spread its way through her blood stream, hence the fevers. She hasn't had one in about 20 hours now, so fingers crossed that was the last of them. The oral meds (well through her gj-tube) are going fine, she is on those for another 10 days. The blood cultures come back probably late tomorrow, and we are back at the hospital Thursday morning so we'll get the results then. Her Paed said they could come back positive, but she is on the right meds for now. So she said it shouldn't change the course of treatment at this point. Which means...her trip is ON!!! :banana::cool1::yay::cheer2: I am SO excited, and SO nervous. I told her Paed today that I was really worried about Peanut on the trip, and she looked at me very seriously and told me that she would be just fine. :love: I can't believe this is happening. I have 2 days to get EVERYTHING done, and OMG, there is SO much to do. I have done NOTHING. :eek:

So a VERY happy update. A little girl who is getting stronger every day, and who is beyond excited to meet Cinderella. She keeps asking me if she can dance with her. :love: And Monkey tells everyone who asks, that he isn't going to Disney World, he is going to Mickey Mouses House. :love: These kids just MELT my heart, they are my world. :love: Could I use the heart smiley any more in this paragraph? :laughing:

So umm....where do I start packing? LOL!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL, for every kind word, hug, prayer, good though, everything you all sent. It meant the world to me. Knowing SO many people were rooting for her, is just incredible. :hug: My baby girl is the bravest of brave. :love:

It feels amazing to be home, and today has been quite a day. 3 Drs appts in two different cities. We saw her Paed around noon, and then drove 2 hours to see her GI Specilalist and Surgeon. Her Surgeon said that once we know her infection is 100% gone, he'll put in the new port. He said its quite possible he'll have to put it on the other side of her chest, ugh. So my guess is in 2-3 weeks she'll be back in the OR. Peanut is doing well, all things considered. Her incisions are looking okay (they were draining quite a bit), and she is quite bruised but feels okay - as long as nothing is pushing on her chest. She isn't 100%, not even close, but day by day she gets stronger. That infection really took its toll on her, and then the surgery. It was just so much for her. :sad2: Truthfully, I was REALLY scared for her. :sad1: She saw her Paed this morning (who checked on her incisions), and said she could quite likely continue getting fevers on and off, ugh. She said its just the infection working its way out of her body. She said when they removed the port, its quite likely the infection spread its way through her blood stream, hence the fevers. She hasn't had one in about 20 hours now, so fingers crossed that was the last of them. The oral meds (well through her gj-tube) are going fine, she is on those for another 10 days. The blood cultures come back probably late tomorrow, and we are back at the hospital Thursday morning so we'll get the results then. Her Paed said they could come back positive, but she is on the right meds for now. So she said it shouldn't change the course of treatment at this point. Which means...her trip is ON!!! :banana::cool1::yay::cheer2: I am SO excited, and SO nervous. I told her Paed today that I was really worried about Peanut on the trip, and she looked at me very seriously and told me that she would be just fine. :love: I can't believe this is happening. I have 2 days to get EVERYTHING done, and OMG, there is SO much to do. I have done NOTHING. :eek:

So a VERY happy update. A little girl who is getting stronger every day, and who is beyond excited to meet Cinderella. She keeps asking me if she can dance with her. :love: And Monkey tells everyone who asks, that he isn't going to Disney World, he is going to Mickey Mouses House. :love: These kids just MELT my heart, they are my world. :love: Could I use the heart smiley any more in this paragraph? :laughing:

Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL, for every kind word, hug, prayer, good though, everything you all sent. It meant the world to me. Knowing SO many people were rooting for her, is just incredible. :hug: My baby girl is the bravest of brave. :love:
PRAISE GOD for such GREAT news!!! I am incredibly humbled to have seen this come about for you all.

You can do this SUPER MOM, what an AMAZING trip this will be!!!!
:woohoo::yay::dance3::yay::woohoo::hug::goodvibes :hug:

I am so glad she is going to get to make her trip if possible we would love to meet up just to say hi so I can tell Peanut what a hero she is in my eyes. I could pm you my phone number and you could call just let me know.

:love::love::love::banana::banana::banana:So Very Very happy that the trip is on, that you are home and that Peanut is doing a little better!!!!:love::love::love::banana::banana:

I am so happy to hear the wonderful, happy, terrific news....Judy actually PM'd me she was so excited...
let's get the party started :dance3::dance3::dance3:
party:party:party:party:
:dancer::dancer::dancer:
:jumping1::jumping1:
:bounce::bounce:
:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc:

hope your trip is filled with :sunny: and :rainbow: lots of pixiedust: for your sweet princess: BIG :hug: from us to you all!

good luck with the packing!!!!!

I am so happy to hear the wonderful, happy, terrific news....Judy actually PM'd me she was so excited...
let's get the party started :dance3::dance3::dance3:
party:party:party:party:
:dancer::dancer::dancer:
:jumping1::jumping1:
:bounce::bounce:
:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc:

hope your trip is filled with :sunny: and :rainbow: lots of pixiedust: for your sweet princess: BIG :hug: from us to you all!

good luck with the packing!!!!!

Lisa did a GREAT job decorating your PTR. Praying it was a QUIET, restful night for you and that the Big Give goodies made packing SIMPLE!!!

What wonderful news! Now get packing! I really hope the trip takes your mind off everything and that you will actually be able to relalx and enjoy watching your children's excitement. You all deserve a fabulous holiday!
:love::love::love: :love::love::love: :love::love::love:

Sobbing here
I am so happy for you and your family if anyone needs a break it you guys.
I was really scared for her too, I prayed for her all the time :love: She will be in my prayers as she goes on this trip :lovestruc

I am SO SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU!!!! Reding your update brought me to tears!! I am sure you will get everything done. Please take the time when you are on this trip to soak up all the sun and peace and tranquilty that you can...YOU SO DESERVE THIS BREAK! I continue to keep all of you in my prayers for continued progress!!

random49.gif

vacation3.gif

Nothing but happiness over here to read that you guys are home, Peanut is on the mend and the trip is happening!!! :cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1:

Why are you wasting time typing away to us when you could be PACKING!!! Two days!!!! EeeekkkK!:scared1:

Get a to-do list going and start crossing it off.

- Get mail, pets, plants or house looked after by neighbours or family or friends
- Make a packing list (clothes, toiletries, med supplies, hats, sunglasses, bathing suits, autograph books, kids' stuffies or blankies).
- Make a must-buy list for missing items (sunscreen, toothpaste, etc.)
- Make a trip to the pharmacy to get missing items
- Attach luggage tags
- Pack suitcases
- Pack your carry on bags
- Pack the kids' carry on bags (snacks, toys, all that fun pixie dust!)
- Pack extra ziploc bags, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, bandaids, travel-sized umbrella, Tylenol, aloe vera gel (never know when you are going to need 'em)
- Charge batteries on camera, camcorder or DVD players.
- Free up SD cards on camera
- Pack your must-do or must-see list or customized maps
- Pack all of your flight info, tix, GKTW info, list of phone numbers, etc.
- Lay out flight clothes
- Get some sleep
- Lock up
- Smile, relax and don't think about anything but having fun with Peanut, Monkey, Cinderella and Mickey Mouse!:hug:

You guys deserve it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter