Princess Weekend 2021

I was scheduled for the Marathon in Jan and the Challenge in Feb. I've got flights and DVC rooms booked. I'm so bummed right now. I'm scheduled to do 10 miles this weekend for marathon training. :-(

I borrowed some points from 2022 for my groups' DVC rooms. So, no turning back in some ways. The costs are sunk.

I expected this to happen given the current state of things, but I'm still so sad. This will be runDisney race weekend #3 cancelled for me.

I'll hang on to my resort reservation for now, in case a breakthrough occurs between now and then that makes me feel safe enough to travel (I have asthma).

But on top of the race cancellations, Disney has also cut (temporarily? I hope??) quite a few things that make my Disney trips worth the cost (my favorite BOG meal, park hopping, some shopping venues, park hours...) so unless these things get reinstated, I don't know.

I borrowed some points from 2022 for my groups' DVC rooms. So, no turning back in some ways. The costs are sunk.

What's your use year? Will you be able to use them later in the year or rent them? Mine are banked points so I'm going to have to go or reschedule. I'm a Dec UY though so that's in my favor, at least.

I expected this to happen given the current state of things, but I'm still so sad. This will be runDisney race weekend #3 cancelled for me.

I'll hang on to my resort reservation for now, in case a breakthrough occurs between now and then that makes me feel safe enough to travel (I have asthma).

But on top of the race cancellations, Disney has also cut (temporarily? I hope??) quite a few things that make my Disney trips worth the cost (my favorite BOG meal, park hopping, some shopping venues, park hours...) so unless these things get reinstated, I don't know.

I just got back from a trip with my DH for our anniversary. It was a use it or lose it room situation. Although we had a fun week it was definitely not the same. I'm not sure I want to do another trip until more stuff is opened up and park hopping is back.

I am so sad about this! I just sent a message to my travel agent asking to cancel my whole trip. :(. I'll still keep with my training. Maybe I can book a race later in the year...

Rumor has it that they are un-borrowing points at the moment, but that could go away at any moment. I don’t know if that applies to 2022 points or if it is just for borrowed 2021 points. You could call and ask.

Disney has also cut (temporarily? I hope??) quite a few things that make my Disney trips worth the cost (my favorite BOG meal, park hopping, some shopping venues, park hours...
I feel the same. A big part of our holiday is park and resort hopping, extra magic hours and a wide variety of dining experiences as we stay on site for at least 2 weeks (although next February was 11 nights). We are hoping for 14 nights next August but will most likely stay off site as the benefits of on site stays are gradually disappearing.

Last edited:
What's your use year? Will you be able to use them later in the year or rent them? Mine are banked points so I'm going to have to go or reschedule. I'm a Dec UY though so that's in my favor, at least.

I’m June UY.

I have the e-mail.
I‘m confused. What action do I need to take to get a refund?

Emails with instructions on how to choose your option are set to come tomorrow.

So the email that tells me that the race is canceled is not the email with the refund option?
Do you know what the default is if you don’t respond to the email?

So the email that tells me that the race is canceled is not the email with the refund option?
Correct.

I am not sure what the default option is honestly. It’s not something I wanted to test lol.

For Wine & Dine you were issued a refund if you didn’t make a selection.

Well you can always come down here to SE Michigan. It will be SO much warmer! ;)
It's too people-y down there. *shudders* HAHAHAHAHHAAHHA!

I mean....we USUALLY get a thaw up here for about 4 days in mid-February....mid 40s. I could run my races in the SLUSH. Sounds like a great time.

So we are planning on sticking with our trip and will run on our own while we are there. Am I assuming correctly that we wouldn't receive our medal in time for that exact weekend? Would love to still take some pics at the parks with it!

Well bummer! This was my first RunDisney event and I was really looking forward to it. So I am a little confused about the Merch. I wanted the spirit jersey. Will they still give us the merch or are they just refunding us or giving us a gift certificate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter