Princess Weekend 2021

Yes I saw that today! My first thought was "How did that <redacted> get her hands on the medals and t-shirt already?" :rotfl2:
I only registered for the half, but does anybody know what's happening in that challenge medal? Is it full of glitter?
A completely understandable reaction! :rotfl:
It seems to be full of glitter. When I saw it in this photo, I thought it was an empty space, so I was surprised to see the glitter in today’s photo. Looking back now though, it does look like glitter there too!

#runDisney Medal Monday: Who completed their royal virtual miles this past weekend? ✨ Be sure to share your magical adventure in social using #PrincessHalfVirtual and be on the lookout for your medals and shirts to arrive late February!
Was anyone else surprised by the idea of the Princess medals and shirts arriving by late February? I feel like Marathon medals just went out. I’m keeping my expectations low, but I did see someone on Facebook say they already received a “shipping label created” notification from UPS!

I mean....it’s already “late February” so I’d honestly be surprised if we got them this month. Ecstatic, but surprised.

I’m SO hoping the tiana medal has glitter because that’s a whole lot of empty space otherwise.

Was anyone else surprised by the idea of the Princess medals and shirts arriving by late February? I feel like Marathon medals just went out. I’m keeping my expectations low, but I did see someone on Facebook say they already received a “shipping label created” notification from UPS!

My January medal had a tracking number on Jan 13th, shipped 2 days later and was here on the 21st.

My MyUPS shows a tracking number for the Princess package as of yesterday, with an estimated delivery of the 26th.

Does anyone have a blank half and challenge finisher's certificate they can share? (I already grabbed the 5 and 10ks that were posted earlier.) SIL and I aren't running our 10k/half until the end of May and I'd like to have the option to print these out with the actual times.

So if you're wanting to stalk your medal delivery, all you need to do is create a UPS my choice account, and then add your address that your medals are supposed to be shipped to. Medals are being shipped from "CGG or CCG" or something like that. I set mine up today, and it says the shipping label was created on the 22nd, and that my package is "ready for UPS."

So if you're wanting to stalk your medal delivery, all you need to do is create a UPS my choice account, and then add your address that your medals are supposed to be shipped to. Medals are being shipped from "CGG or CCG" or something like that. I set mine up today, and it says the shipping label was created on the 22nd, and that my package is "ready for UPS."
I did that and have a notice on there now saying delivery expected tomorrow. Wow, that’s fast if it’s it already!

Yeah mine says it was going to be delivered today but it hasn’t even shipped yet....just the label was created. Silly ups 🙃

I mean....it’s already “late February” so I’d honestly be surprised if we got them this month. Ecstatic, but surprised.

I’m SO hoping the tiana medal has glitter because that’s a whole lot of empty space otherwise.
Exactly! My first thought was, it is late February! That’s a positive sign that people are getting UPS notifications already. Nothing yet here for me, but I wasn’t expecting them to arrive anytime before the end of March anyway. Looking forward to seeing all the posts when they start to arrive! :jumping1:

I did that and have a notice on there now saying delivery expected tomorrow. Wow, that’s fast if it’s it already!

Yeah mine says it was going to be delivered today but it hasn’t even shipped yet....just the label was created. Silly ups 🙃

This is what happened for me with my Marathon Weekend medals. I had an expected delivery date that seems to turned out to have been the day that they shipped out from wherever they started. My account then updated with a new delivery date after a few days and that is when they actually showed up at my door. I'm so excited that people are starting to get updates!

My medals haven’t updated at all as far as shipping goes yet (still just ready for ups to pick up) but my animation drawing got delivered today! I was hoping I would be able to get all 4 princesses on the same drawing, but since that’s not an option I went with Raps since that was the race we originally signed up for. We have gotten a drawing for almost all of the trips we have gone on, and I love them so much.

Attachments

• F585E4ED-29CC-4501-83F1-B2FB77BFB7AA.jpeg
    F585E4ED-29CC-4501-83F1-B2FB77BFB7AA.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 21
My medals haven’t updated at all as far as shipping goes yet (still just ready for ups to pick up) but my animation drawing got delivered today! I was hoping I would be able to get all 4 princesses on the same drawing, but since that’s not an option I went with Raps since that was the race we originally signed up for. We have gotten a drawing for almost all of the trips we have gone on, and I love them so much.

That’s beautiful! How did you order that? I’ve never purchased Disney art before, but I’ve recently been intrigued with the recent festival of the arts posts I’ve seen on social media.

I just saw a medal package post on Facebook - the 5K shirt and medal! :cool1:

That’s beautiful! How did you order that? I’ve never purchased Disney art before, but I’ve recently been intrigued with the recent festival of the arts posts I’ve seen on social media.

I just saw a medal package post on Facebook - the 5K shirt and medal! :cool1:

I got this one from Disney springs because we weren’t going to the parks. I picked out the sketch and the colors, and the artist drew it up sometime after Saturday and they shipped it to me for about $7 (the sketch was around $55? I don’t remember.)

There are a few places you can get sketches: Disney springs (art of Disney, past the Christmas store), magic kingdom (box office gifts, by the Mickey/tink character meet), Epcot (art of Disney, in the America pavilion), and at the gift shop at art of animation resort. They usually have a couple of bins of already completed sketches, OR they have a huuuuuuge binder of all of the sketches they can do. You can choose up to 2 colors (it’s extra for the 2nd color), and the price is per character. So if it’s the 7 dwarves, you’d be paying more because there’s seven characters. Sometimes you get really lucky and find exactly what you want and it’s already in a frame and had fancy matting already done like this Merida one....we had found this same sketch and were trying to figure out framing/matting when the artist that was working walked back into their storage room and brought this one out! It was a lot more than $55 because of the frame, the matting, the pin, 2 colors, etc.

I will say to look through the “in stock” prints because while they all do great work, different artists have different styles when it comes to how much shading/coloring they do and I requested a specific artist for the rapunzel sketch because i wanted more saturated colors.

Attachments

• 8A28F87C-FD64-4803-850F-E6AF8F3A1B61.jpeg
    8A28F87C-FD64-4803-850F-E6AF8F3A1B61.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 14
I got this one from Disney springs because we weren’t going to the parks. I picked out the sketch and the colors, and the artist drew it up sometime after Saturday and they shipped it to me for about $7 (the sketch was around $55? I don’t remember.)

There are a few places you can get sketches: Disney springs (art of Disney, past the Christmas store), magic kingdom (box office gifts, by the Mickey/tink character meet), Epcot (art of Disney, in the America pavilion), and at the gift shop at art of animation resort. They usually have a couple of bins of already completed sketches, OR they have a huuuuuuge binder of all of the sketches they can do. You can choose up to 2 colors (it’s extra for the 2nd color), and the price is per character. So if it’s the 7 dwarves, you’d be paying more because there’s seven characters. Sometimes you get really lucky and find exactly what you want and it’s already in a frame and had fancy matting already done like this Merida one....we had found this same sketch and were trying to figure out framing/matting when the artist that was working walked back into their storage room and brought this one out! It was a lot more than $55 because of the frame, the matting, the pin, 2 colors, etc.

I will say to look through the “in stock” prints because while they all do great work, different artists have different styles when it comes to how much shading/coloring they do and I requested a specific artist for the rapunzel sketch because i wanted more saturated colors.
Thank you for the thorough reply! I’m looking forward to checking out all of the options when I can get back to Disney. I had no idea there were so many places to look! I’ll definitely take your advice; I’d probably be happier buying an in stock print, so I know exactly what I’m getting.

Disney springs and AoA definitely have had the most completed sketches available in my experience (though I don’t know what the status of artists is like there during all of the covid protocols.)

This is what happened for me with my Marathon Weekend medals. I had an expected delivery date that seems to turned out to have been the day that they shipped out from wherever they started. My account then updated with a new delivery date after a few days and that is when they actually showed up at my door. I'm so excited that people are starting to get updates!
Yeah, it updated after I got that email to say shipping label created and now says delivery expected Wednesday 3/3.

What race(s) had you signed up for? I’ve seen on fb where a few people who did just one event have gotten their shirt and medal (a 5k and a 10k) and they also live on the east coast.

Anyone else still waiting for theirs to pop up on UPS? Trying to decide when I should email support to ask for an update :snail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter