Princess Weekend 2021

Doing the 5k & 10k, so just doing my normal running at this point. Did a fast 5k outside last weekend (it was WAY cold and started snowing) and it's colder this weekend, so I'll treadmill as much as I can. As it stands now, my plan is to run my 5k at Boardwalk on President's Day and 10k around Contemporary, GF, Poly, TTC, etc on Wednesday. If I don't get them done while I'm there, it'll be the treadmill, so I'm packing my costumes and I'll be out there in the am!

As it stands now, my plan is to run my 5k at Boardwalk on President's Day and 10k around Contemporary, GF, Poly, TTC, etc on Wednesday. If I don't get them done while I'm there, it'll be the treadmill, so I'm packing my costumes and I'll be out there in the am!
Jealous! What are you going to wear?

So I logged onto rD today and noticed that the Bibs and Toolkit (mile markers) were up and available to download. So I went ahead and did that, but it was only the Toolkit for the Half (even though I'm registered for the Challenge).

Any 10K only people out there able to share the PDF for the 10K Toolkit? :)

TIA.

Edit to add: The Digital Goody Bag is up too. I know some people were asking about that.

So I logged onto rD today and noticed that the Bibs and Toolkit (mile markers) were up and available to download. So I went ahead and did that, but it was only the Toolkit for the Half (even though I'm registered for the Challenge).

Any 10K only people out there able to share the PDF for the 10K Toolkit? :)

TIA.

Edit to add: The Digital Goody Bag is up too. I know some people were asking about that.
For me I had to scroll down a bit to see the 10K bib and toolkit. They are on the same page, just under the half materials. Hope you find them there, too!

So I actually need an otterbox and happened to discover it's among the digital goodiebag items with a discount code that. . . . doesn't work. Tips?

@studiojmm I have no idea why the code doesn't work. I was eyeing those cases though they are very cute. If no discount forget it.
Support said they would reach out to whoever is supposed to handle this and figure it out, but I didn't wait. Otterbox is offering a 20% off + free shipping discount if you order two or more products (I bought case+screen protector) and I found a 10% coupon on top of that. 10% off 80% of the original price is slightly less than 30% off the original price, but depending on the shipping situation, the website discount might be better than the Disney one if you are buying multiple items.

Next weekend is Princess Weekend! Who is running on their actual race day? I'm going to try to, weather permitting. If our current forecast holds up I should be able to.

I’m not sure if we will be running on race DAY but SIL and I are going to be doing our 5k this weekend, probably at cbr. It’s supposed to be in the low-mid 60s so I’m kind of sad about that....I’d love 4 days of 80 degree temps 😂

Next weekend is Princess Weekend! Who is running on their actual race day? I'm going to try to, weather permitting. If our current forecast holds up I should be able to.

@studiojmm I have no idea why the code doesn't work. I was eyeing those cases though they are very cute. If no discount forget it.
I can’t believe it’s coming up this weekend and we were supposed to be down there in a few days. :guilty: I was supposed to do the half, but got that refunded and signed up for the virtual 10K. But I highly doubt I’ll be able to do it on what would have been actual race day. It’s just been way too cold with too much snow here that it’s really icy, and I don’t want to do it on a treadmill. It’s supposed to gradually warm up this week, but still cold and probably not enough to take care of enough of the iciness. We’ll see what it looks like on Saturday.

My current plan is to run the Half on Saturday and fit the 10K in either Wednesday or Thursday. However depending on how the week goes I am still considering pushing those back a couple of weeks. I feel like I'm physically ready for the race, but this weekend is really crazy for non race reasons so in some respects I think I will have a better experience if I just push it out a couple of weeks. Part of me wants to do it on when race weekend would have been, but there's an argument to be made to delay it to a less insane weekend.

I might wind up doing the marathon weekend kids races on a Sunday walk with my nephews since their medals have now arrived.

I'm signed up for all three but there is no way I will be able to do them all on race days - this WI winter has made it impossible to keep up with any kind of training without having any access to a treadmill. My hope is to get out and at least do SOMETHING all three days of the weekend, possibly do the 5K on Friday, and then postpone my actual challenge to when I can be more ready for it / not turn into a human popsicle while trying to complete it

We are starting to finally come out of the deep freeze here. After two weeks of bitter cold temperatures and being stuck on a treadmill, any outside run is welcomed.

Since I am up in Canada, I cannot officially run the races on Princess Weekend. However, I will do them "unofficially" in support of all of those that will be pounding the pavement. I am jealous and wish I could get across this border for some well needed Disney time.

Best of luck to all of you!

So runDisney tweeted out this video today. They almost tempted me to run this weekend. I'm physically ready, but it's a very busy weekend for me so I think I will have a more enjoyable experience by pushing it back to a weekend where I can enjoy the run and not feel the weight of everything else happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter