Princess Weekend 2021

OK Who has started their Princess training plan already? :wave:

Currently trying to decide whether to dress like a lunatic for running around my local trail when I do the actual virtual race. Has anybody ordered and worn the leggings by Zazzle? I'm putting a link but I don't know if disboards will allow it. SO many Disney patterns and Disney princess patterns in particular but I'm going to guess they are not made for running. Nothing worse than having to yank your tights up a million times over 13 miles.

https://www.zazzle.com/collections/new_disney_leggings-119596553092418919
BTW if anybody is starting to think about what they will wear for their virtual race, I did order a pair of these Disney-themed tights from Zazzle. I got the ones with the giant pic of Snow White up the right leg but you can customize so I made them solid royal blue with the big Snow White pic, no lettering or anything else. They are insane looking maybe when outside of WDW but will get me in the spirit of the race, here in the freezing cold of February in PA. As for the fit they seem to be very well made, good quality. I haven't tried running in them yet but they feel like any of my pairs of Athleta tights.

Hope everybody's training is going well. I'm so thankful to have a "race" to train for, even if it's virtual. Keeps me moving after a foot-high dump of snow yesterday!

I know it's only guesswork, but what is your educated guess for February 2022 Princess weekend? I'm hoping for 24th-27th, has it ever been that late in the month? The weekend before does not work well with half term school holidays near me unfortunately. I know it's just speculation whether we'll even be back to in-person races by then, but just planning ahead with 2021-2022 annual leave from work.

I've never seen it not coincide with President's Week - would be too crazy to be the weekend before with the holiday, so I'd assume 24-27??

I've never seen it not coincide with President's Week - would be too crazy to be the weekend before with the holiday, so I'd assume 24-27??
Sorry, being from the UK I've never heard of President's week so please excuse my ignorance, but I'm now up to scratch (thanks to Google). Good news for me then as President's day in 2022 is Monday 21st February, I may tentatively start planning.

Officially cancelled my room at POP for princess weekend...

I’m still registered for the virtual races (my FTC bib is available, still waiting on the 5K), but I’ve been watching past race videos on YouTube and wow, I really miss runDisney :sad1:

I know it's only guesswork, but what is your educated guess for February 2022 Princess weekend? I'm hoping for 24th-27th, has it ever been that late in the month? The weekend before does not work well with half term school holidays near me unfortunately. I know it's just speculation whether we'll even be back to in-person races by then, but just planning ahead with 2021-2022 annual leave from work.
I have been wondering too.
Right now I am just doing the virtual 5k for this year for Princess but next want to do the Challenge and I want to get a DVC for it.

Potentially odd question....

SIL and I are still going on our trip to WDW for "princess weekend." We are currently not planning on any park days, just planning on relaxing, eating, drinking, and generally having a fun kid-free weekend. I got to thinking that maybe it would be fun to try to get "character" pics of the princesses for the 3 races we switched to once in-person was cancelled. I know we can do an Ariel pic at AoA, and a Rapunzel pic at Riviera, but does anyone know of any outside-the-park places to get a Belle or Tiana themed pic? We are staying at a skyliner resort, so I don't anticipate any issues getting "in" to the resorts for Ariel and Rapunzel. (Side note, it would be AMAZING if rundisney had its stuff together and we had our medals before we went, but I KNOW that won't happen based on the fact that people are still waiting for Wine and Dine stuff.)

I know we can do an Ariel pic at AoA, and a Rapunzel pic at Riviera, but does anyone know of any outside-the-park places to get a Belle or Tiana themed pic?
I do not know if it is still the case, but there was a Belle statue inside World of Disney in Disney Springs. There are still Cinderella and Aurora statues outside the World of Disney store in Disney Springs.

So I still don't get how we record and submit the time for this virtual race, Anyone know?
You don't. There is no requirement or place to record it. Maybe when you fill out your completion certificate do you get to enter a time for that, but I don't know since I haven't done yet for the marathon weekend

So I still don't get how we record and submit the time for this virtual race, Anyone know?
On my "Your Registrations" tab under my profile on rundisney.com, there's a box that says "You will be able to submit results starting Monday, February 1, 2021". It also has links to download a printable race bib and start/finish line and mile markers.

550166Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 3.53.35 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter