Princess Weekend 2024!

What up, Running Royalty? It's so quiet in here! Hopefully we are next for a medal reveal. I'd love to see the Coast to Coast medals too.
Editing to add that some AP discounts were announced that include Jan-Mar. Don't know if they block out Princess Weekend.
I know last year they released before wine & dine cause they were displayed at expo

Currently looking at flights to MCO for Princess weekend.

At the moment it's looking to be quite a bit cheaper to fly into Orlando on Thursday 22 Feb than Wednesday 21 Feb. Due to work I can't fly in any earlier than the Wednesday.

If I flew in on Thursday the flight I'm looking at gets into MCO around noon. So will hopefully be able to make it to the Expo to pick up bib/etc for the 5k on Friday.

My question is - how quickly does the Expo usually sell out of Princess weekend merch? I'm really hoping to get a couple of the "I did it" shirts for the half/challenge. Wondering if it's worth paying the extra to fly in on Wednesday just so I can get to the Expo early on Thursday...

At the moment it's looking to be quite a bit cheaper to fly into Orlando on Thursday 22 Feb than Wednesday 21 Feb. Due to work I can't fly in any earlier than the Wednesday.

If I flew in on Thursday the flight I'm looking at gets into MCO around noon. So will hopefully be able to make it to the Expo to pick up bib/etc for the 5k on Friday.

My question is - how quickly does the Expo usually sell out of Princess weekend merch? I'm really hoping to get a couple of the "I did it" shirts for the half/challenge. Wondering if it's worth paying the extra to fly in on Wednesday just so I can get to the Expo early on Thursday...

It's hard to predict as it changes from one race weekend to the next. Last year, there was still plenty of merch available on the Friday.

The items that sell out the fastest are usually the medal replica pins. There weren't any left around noon on the Thursday.

It's hard to predict as it changes from one race weekend to the next. Last year, there was still plenty of merch available on the Friday.

The items that sell out the fastest are usually the medal replica pins. There weren't any left around noon on the Thursday.
Thanks for the reply!

I'm not too fussed about the pins but really want the shirts!

I guess I'll keep searching for flights and hopefully something will come up that will get me into MCO on the Wednesday. Either that, or extremely early on Thursday perhaps (looks like one possibility is to stay overnight at JFK on Wednesday night then take the first flight out on Thursday morning)...

I usually play this game with MW: would book the cheaper flight, hope they change something about the schedule, and then switch to the more expensive/desirable flight. :crazy: I booked our flights for January back in April and have had 3 flight schedule changes (1 in July, 1 in August, and 1in September) and now have the flight that we actually wanted originally. It's obviously not guaranteed to happen, and I'm ok with whichever flight gets us there ultimately.

We usually get previews of the 'I Did It' shirts a few days before the expo, so if it ends up being something you have massive FOMO about you could always ask in a group if someone could grab one for you and then meet up with them during the race weekend.

New promos have been announced for the resorts. Princess weekend itself is excluded, but we’re staying until Tuesday, February 27. I called and had the new rate applied to the existing reservation at POFQ, and saved $181.96–well worth a few minutes on hold!

New promos have been announced for the resorts. Princess weekend itself is excluded, but we’re staying until Tuesday, February 27. I called and had the new rate applied to the existing reservation at POFQ, and saved $181.96–well worth a few minutes on hold!
If you have a Disney credit card, there is a 30-35% discount which includes the weekend

I do have it, but can’t find that listed anywhere. Where do you find that? Do you just call and tell them?

I just called and got the Visa promo, which saved me another $116.98–thank you for letting me know!
For the future, you usually have to specifically search for Disney Visa to get to the offer page—Disney IT can never let us do anything the easy way 😆😆

I was debating ordering the Ariel medal as I haven't managed to sign up for the 5k yet. But seeing the medal hasn't convinced me to pay the full price (+shipping +taxes and doodies to 🇨🇦)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter