Princess Weekend 2024!

I apologize if this has already been posted - I’m not running Princess this season, so I haven’t been following this thread.

I was checking DVC availability for one day around MW, and noticed this for Wilderness Lodge and for the Poly. I’m wondering if the Princess 10k will have a different route than normal that affects the MK resort area. It doesn’t list the 10k for MW…
IMG_0150.jpeg

I apologize if this has already been posted - I’m not running Princess this season, so I haven’t been following this thread.

I was checking DVC availability for one day around MW, and noticed this for Wilderness Lodge and for the Poly. I’m wondering if the Princess 10k will have a different route than normal that affects the MK resort area. It doesn’t list the 10k for MW…
View attachment 808133
I was curious and looked at many of the hotels. All of the MK area resorts and Coronado Springs show the Princess 10K traffic warning. The Boardwalk area and Swan and Dolphin don't. This'll definitely get speculation going, and I'm not sure how they could make a 10K route using EPCOT's parking lot and go by all of these resorts.

I was curious and looked at many of the hotels. All of the MK area resorts and Coronado Springs show the Princess 10K traffic warning. The Boardwalk area and Swan and Dolphin don't. This'll definitely get speculation going, and I'm not sure how they could make a 10K route using EPCOT's parking lot and go by all of these resorts.
It makes me wonder if it will start at the TTC like Star Wars and Wine & Dine have done in the past. But I don’t know about Coronado.

Boy we sure are quiet here! Sharing that I bought my flights and after looking around a little, decided to stay with my Pop Century reservation I made shortly after registering for the race. The bus situation and having the food court (hopefully) open in the morning are just irresistible to me for a race weekend. And we like the Skyliner. Just patiently waiting for ADRs to open up... I counted back, and am I right, if you are arriving on the Friday, your ADR day is Christmas??!! I hope I remember to do it.

This is the first race weekend I'm doing where I'd have to pay extra for photos, I don't have an AP (and I don't even think MM is included in APs anymore right?). So I'm wondering whether to costume or not. If there are no pictures, is there even a point to doing something? :crazy:

This is the first race weekend I'm doing where I'd have to pay extra for photos, I don't have an AP (and I don't even think MM is included in APs anymore right?). So I'm wondering whether to costume or not. If there are no pictures, is there even a point to doing something? :crazy:
You could always give your phone to the CM at the stop!

Boy we sure are quiet here! Sharing that I bought my flights and after looking around a little, decided to stay with my Pop Century reservation I made shortly after registering for the race. The bus situation and having the food court (hopefully) open in the morning are just irresistible to me for a race weekend. And we like the Skyliner. Just patiently waiting for ADRs to open up... I counted back, and am I right, if you are arriving on the Friday, your ADR day is Christmas??!! I hope I remember to do it.

My husband's AP has photo downloads. If you want, you could give me your bib number and I can email them to you. :)

I've also booked my flights - waited just a bit too long and unfortunately the original flights I wanted went way up in price. So now have flights that have less ideal timings requiring me to spend time in airport hotels on transit. It's also my first time trying out this particular flight route which will involve the world's longest (on my way there) and second longest (on my way home) nonstop commercial flights, so that might be interesting...

Currently booked at CSR Gran Destino Tower, but might change my mind and go to All Stars or Pop to save some $ or do a split stay. I really do like Pop and it's my usual "go to" resort, but I kind of want to try out something new and GDT looks like the sort of hotel and room I like!

How come I never get any runDisney emails, except to remind me to sign the waiver which I can't do?

ETA: Didn't write this to sound like a spoiled child, I'm really curious why I never get any emails...

Last edited:
How come I never get any runDisney emails, except to remind me to sign the waiver which I can't do?

ETA: Didn't write this to sound like a spoiled child, I'm really curious why I never get any emails...
If you’re Canadian (you are, right? 😂) I think there are laws about stuff they’re allowed to send you.

I booked the art of animation little marina if rooms. I looked at the map and they are really far out from everything and there is only one bus stop. I know lots of runners stay at this, but how good is the bus there? Should I switch resorts? I’m doing the 5 and the 10, and I’d rather not have to hike to get to the bus.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter