Princess Weekend 2024!

Well not the way I wanted to start expo day. Called for a wheelchair vehicle because I can get on the coach buses but I have difficulty with them. Over a half hour later no vehicle and no sign of them. Eventually went screw it it and got on the coach bus. But was not a happy camper because I still remember having to wait for an hour just to get back to the hotel at the Springtime 5k. And I do not need the stress coming back before a race since I need to make sure I’m there on time because we start at 4:58

I can't believe the half is almost here! Since it's my first time staying along the monorail loop for a runDisney event, does anyone have any advice on how long it takes to take the monorail to the start or how much travel time to budget? I've only done the buses before and am not sure how often the monorail runs on race mornings.

I can't believe the half is almost here! Since it's my first time staying along the monorail loop for a runDisney event, does anyone have any advice on how long it takes to take the monorail to the start or how much travel time to budget? I've only done the buses before and am not sure how often the monorail runs on race mornings.
We usually stay at the GF for the half and it's so convenient. We like to be on the monorail as soon as it starts running (give or take 10 mins) and we find very little wait to get on. If I remember correctly, we pick up folks at the Contemporary and then we are off to switch trains at the TTC before heading to EPCOT. It's very smooth and organized. Once we get to EPCOT, it becomes much more crowded but at that point, you have arrived and simply need to queue your way into the corrals so it's not bad. I have never tried hopping on the monorail later so I don't know what the experience feels like. I hope you have a wonderful race!!! We are staying at the Beach Club this time around so I am trying out the bus system (hope it goes smoothly!!).

Just done with rundisney merch, is a madhouse but they're restocking quickly at the moment it seems, still plenty of sizes left for lots of things. Though I think the replica medal pins are sold out from overhearing someone ask about them...

We usually stay at the GF for the half and it's so convenient. We like to be on the monorail as soon as it starts running (give or take 10 mins) and we find very little wait to get on. If I remember correctly, we pick up folks at the Contemporary and then we are off to switch trains at the TTC before heading to EPCOT. It's very smooth and organized. Once we get to EPCOT, it becomes much more crowded but at that point, you have arrived and simply need to queue your way into the corrals so it's not bad. I have never tried hopping on the monorail later so I don't know what the experience feels like. I hope you have a wonderful race!!! We are staying at the Beach Club this time around so I am trying out the bus system (hope it goes smoothly!!).
Thanks so much! This is helpful to know.

I've actually stayed at the Dolphin which shared the bus with the Beach Club in the past. I found it smooth too, but like you, I went for as early as I could. I had no trouble getting on the first bus that arrived. If I recall correctly, the bus did a stop for the Swan/Dolphin, Beach Club, and Yacht Club. I'm not sure if things are different now that the Swan Reserve is around.

Hope you have a great race too!

If I recall correctly, the bus did a stop for the Swan/Dolphin, Beach Club, and Yacht Club. I'm not sure if things are different now that the Swan Reserve is around.
Yes, thank you SO much! So I think I read on another post that now with the Swan Reserve, that group of resorts have their own bus? So we will see but yes, I am planning to be first on the bus (or as close to it as possible) since we are in earlier corrals and I would hate to be late. I hope you have a wonderful time! Almost there!!! 💜 👑🥳

Just done with rundisney merch, is a madhouse but they're restocking quickly at the moment it seems, still plenty of sizes left for lots of things. Though I think the replica medal pins are sold out from overhearing someone ask about them...
you would think with the reports of this happening pretty much every race weekend, that they'd figure out they need to order more replica medal pins

you would think with the reports of this happening pretty much every race weekend, that they'd figure out they need to order more replica medal pins
Yeah I was talking to a CM about this and they were saying they want more people to preorder. Like give me an option for just the medal pins or certain styles and I might consider it. I’m not going to order a pack for one pin

Yeah I was talking to a CM about this and they were saying they want more people to preorder. Like give me an option for just the medal pins or certain styles and I might consider it. I’m not going to order a pack for one pin
ya, that's ridiculous. I'm not buying a bunch of bundles, risking the clothing not fitting, and not getting my discount because they can't figure out demand.

If they started letting people buy individual items, and allowed exchanges/returns, I might consider it. But not how things are right now.

This is 100% the problem on preorder. I ONLY want the medal replica pins and I'm not buying a giant bundle of 13 pins just to get the like four that I actually want. If they want people to preorder more consistently, then they need to create the ability to preorder the specific items that people want.

Sebastian and Olaf are the ones meeting at the bib pick up. both have really long lines. With Sebastian being the longer one

Also the challenge having one corral for both definitely surprised me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter