Project Runway Season 16

Ok...

First off- why say that Brandon’s shoes are bad for winter because they’re open toe and then gush about a girl wearing SHORTS?? Yeah, they’ll go over well when it’s -40C with the windchill.

Second of all- Zac is so pretentious it makes me itchy. Who wears a suit jacket draped over your shoulders..besides a cold girlfriend I mean. Poser would be a better last name for him.

Thirdly- Margarita needs to stop. Just stop. I wasn’t fussed either way on her in the beginning but now I actively dislike her. Stop playing a victim and stop crying for five damn minutes. I’m sure somewhere in the universe there exists something that says Project Runway is anti fur. Maybe do a little research on the show you’re about to be on. Plus, your model looked like a feather duster. Who wants to wear faux fur all the way around their head like that?

Ayana- I don’t have a problem with you..carry on.

Lastly, I’m happy that Kenya gets to move on but it kind of takes the competition part out of it if so many people make it to fashion week. What’s the point of having an elimination challenge if no one gets, you know, eliminated?

Tim Gunn- you are fabulous but you need to keep some of your thoughts to yourself. I think the contestants take his word as gospel and then when they lose he feels too responsible. I know I said they don’t have to listen to his advice, but when they do- that’s on them.

Ok, I’m off to eat chocolate to sooth my rage LOL

I didn't like Margarita's look at all, however IMO producers bear great responsibility for how her look came to be. That was not the look she designed, not at all. Production allowed her to go forward with the sketch and shopping, not saying a word until after the fact. Then she was given 5 minutes to scramble. Production wanted the drama, so what if it threw the designer under the bus. Her plan was known to production while they were still at Minus 5. A simple statement of "the policy"at that point was the fair and honorable way to handle the situation. But it wouldn't have created the juicy drama.

Suddenly Tim's clued into the anti cruelty policy after the items are purchased and there's some token mercy given to "help" Margarita out. It's interesting the show isn't anti cruelty with regard to the use of leather.

Those in charge need to take a hard look at themselves and decide what direction they want the show to take. The landscape is littered with the carcass of messy, ugly drama "reality" shows. PR has hung on with an audience hoping to tune in to watch creative people with some real skills create some incredible fashion. I think there's still an audience who will tune in faithfully for artistic skill at work. The audience for messy reality drama tends to be rather fair weather viewers.

I didn't like Margarita's look at all, however IMO producers bear great responsibility for how her look came to be. That was not the look she designed, not at all. Production allowed her to go forward with the sketch and shopping, not saying a word until after the fact. Then she was given 5 minutes to scramble. Production wanted the drama, so what if it threw the designer under the bus. Her plan was known to production while they were still at Minus 5. A simple statement of "the policy"at that point was the fair and honorable way to handle the situation. But it wouldn't have created the juicy drama.

Suddenly Tim's clued into the anti cruelty policy after the items are purchased and there's some token mercy given to "help" Margarita out. It's interesting the show isn't anti cruelty with regard to the use of leather.

Those in charge need to take a hard look at themselves and decide what direction they want the show to take. The landscape is littered with the carcass of messy, ugly drama "reality" shows. PR has hung on with an audience hoping to tune in to watch creative people with some real skills create some incredible fashion. I think there's still an audience who will tune in faithfully for artistic skill at work. The audience for messy reality drama tends to be rather fair weather viewers.

Maybe ‘production’ isn’t allowed to step in, even if they see something against the rules.

I don’t see the ugly drama that you’re seeing. If you dislike the shows format so much, why keep watching? Just so you can comment on said drama?

Maybe ‘production’ isn’t allowed to step in, even if they see something against the rules.

I don’t see the ugly drama that you’re seeing. If you dislike the shows format so much, why keep watching? Just so you can comment on said drama?

Because I see the situation with Margarita differently than you do I should stop watching? I'm here to see the creativity at work and the fashion that results. Not that I need to explain my watching or tailor my opinions to suit you.

Ugh. Made the mistake of googling "fur free Project Runway" and found a Tim Gunn video on PETA's website about fur animals and abuses in the industry. Poor things. Watch it at your own risk ... I had to stop only a few minutes in.

FWIW, this isn't the first time a contestant wanted to use fur. It happened in 2011 too. I think the reason why the production company didn't correct Margarita prior to when Tim stepped in was so that fur could be discussed by fans.

I love watching the design and how they craft the clothes and the final product, and yet every season around this time I get frustrated with the producer's heavy hands and their willingness to change the rules whenever they see fit. Not sending someone home 2 weeks in a row is very lame, and even the news that only 3 will really show at fashion week doesn't make it better. Truth is they got some duds this year, and they had to keep more people around in an attempt to draw any kind of interest or story lines. Otherwise they're stuck with Kentaro and Brandon who are so boring to watch and whose clothes are so similar to each other and predictable that the producers know they don't make for good tv.

They only change she had to make to her original design was to exchange real rabbit fur for faux rabbit fur, which I’m sure Mood carried. That whole scene was so contrived.

Margarita’s outfit was bad because the dress looked like a shag rug and the coat was a basic wrap coat with no new style.

The material that Kenya used for her coat reminded me of an old colonial style couch that my friend had in her home back in 1963. I could swear it was the same exact pattern and color. The blouse and pants were so mismatched with the couch coat that I couldn’t help but think where and what is her taste? :scared1:

Ayana’s outfit was also hideous. Again, her outfit did not match the coat and the whole ensemble looked so dated it was sad.

Kentaro’s outfit I really liked. Winter white can look so rich. Even though I’ve seen the look before, I loved Brandon’s outfit (minus shoes) and his model looked really happy with it.

I’m really sad about Kenya because she started out so well and went downhill from there.

I actually loved Kenya’s coat but not the rest of her outfit. I hated the thigh gap in Brandon’s outfit, but I’m from Wisconsin. If you wear a miniskirt you also wear a coat the cover your bared legs.

I actually loved Kenya’s coat but not the rest of her outfit. I hated the thigh gap in Brandon’s outfit, but I’m from Wisconsin. If you wear a miniskirt you also wear a coat the cover your bared legs.

I loved Kenya's coat too.
I don't even get Brandon's stuff, and that muff thing looked like a backwards saggy diaper. I know he is going to win, but I sure hope his clothes don't become mainstream. It will be like parachute pants, people will look back and wonder what the heck people were thinking wearing that stuff.

I loved Kenya's coat too.
I don't even get Brandon's stuff, and that muff thing looked like a backwards saggy diaper. I know he is going to win, but I sure hope his clothes don't become mainstream. It will be like parachute pants, people will look back and wonder what the heck people were thinking wearing that stuff.

LOL, yes! It would be scary to see Brandon's mummy wraps in the stores! (Just a joke!)
I really didn't like the coat of Kenya's either. It does look like a 60's sofa. That color and style was very "in" back then,and so was "I". :)
It seems the styles of the entire 50 and 60's are making a comeback again. I really don't like the "new" 60's style of blond furniture in no particular style. I hated it in the 60's, and even had a dining set made of that blond wood. I bet it would be worth a fortune now. I only had it as a hand me down when we first got married.
Anyway, I agree that the producers did not step in for Margarita because they couldn't and they wanted it to be a "teaching" point for the audience.
I really love Kenya, but feel, too, that her outfits have been a fail lately, but wish she would make it and do better with her styles.
Whatever happens, it is still fun for me to watch and anticipate:)

Because I see the situation with Margarita differently than you do I should stop watching? I'm here to see the creativity at work and the fashion that results. Not that I need to explain my watching or tailor my opinions to suit you.

No need to get your knickers in a twist. I just don’t get watching a show that you (General you) pick apart all the time.

All the remains designers still had a show, right? I know I’ll want to see the collections of the auf’d designers.

All the remains designers still had a show, right? I know I’ll want to see the collections of the auf’d designers.
Not sure what you're asking. Do you mean of the 5 final contestants? Apparently all 5 will show a small collection next week and the 3 top will move on to Fashion Week.

Not sure what you're asking. Do you mean of the 5 final contestants? Apparently all 5 will show a small collection next week and the 3 top will move on to Fashion Week.
I think she means they each "showed" at Fashion Week. SOP has been to have the last six or so designers to present their creations at FW, to hide who the actual finalists are.

I think she means they each "showed" at Fashion Week. SOP has been to have the last six or so designers to present their creations at FW, to hide who the actual finalists are.
Yes, that's what I mean.

I agree that the producers needed to own some of the problem with Margarita's "Fur-pas" I quick reminder before shopping would have stopped the problem before it was even there.

Anti-cruelty in regards to leather is not the same as anti-fur. Yes, animals are slaughtered, but honestly, it really is not the same. I tend to avoid leather, but I refuse to purchase fur. Any fur.

They only change she had to make to her original design was to exchange real rabbit fur for faux rabbit fur, which I’m sure Mood carried. That whole scene was so contrived.

Margarita’s outfit was bad because the dress looked like a shag rug and the coat was a basic wrap coat with no new style.

The way that rabbit draped is different than that horrible faux fur she bought. I think that she did not have time to change gears once she was informed that she could make a five minute run for fabric. It's a shame really, because that dress in a different fabric might have been lovely. I believe that the reason the judges kept all of the designers instead of sending either Kenya or Margarita home is because Margarita was really in a bad place due in part, to the neglect of the producers to make it clear that this is a fur free show. I was kind of shocked that no one stepped in to give her a heads up when she was discussing her look, and then again when she was shopping. Kenya's coat was petty, IMO, and the judges like what she makes, so why not? I doubt either one of those two stands a snowballs chance of winning, and they will be designing and showing at fashion week no matter what, so it's no harm no foul. They just wont make it to the Finale.

I like the show, and I enjoy the "stories" every week.

'Not screaming flamingos'?????? Really? Because I heard flamingos screaming:scared:o_O

I am still watching/digesting this episode and the 'fashions' I have seen this far...

I was surprised they kept Kentaro because he basically said he wasn't ready for Fashion Week. But I do love him...I'd watch him on his own show doing just about anything.

I was sad for Kenya also.

I didn't really care for Ayana's collection on the hangers - I am curious to see how it will walk on the runway.

Brandon - eh. More of the same. I did like how he used the color remover on the fabric. It created a cool effect in his collection. But this is his competition to lose.

Margarita - I loved the pattern but not the garments so much.

I just finished watching and can't say I'm surprised. I am sad though I think that Kenya makes the nicest clothes out of who were left.

I loved the one outfit Ayana did with the jacket and pants, it was so young and modern looking. I know she wants to keep things modest and she showed that you can do that and have modern styles. I think if she had shown the 2 dresses she originally wanted too then she may have been sent home. They are so frumpy and old looking.
That is assuming the judges don't see the rest of their stuff before the judging, which I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Ugh Brandon's stuff looks like he took packages of bed sheets and embellished them to make them into clothes. I just don't get the love for his stuff.

I have mixed feelings about Margarita's collection. I think she has some really nice pieces but some some of them are :scared:

I like some of Kentaro's stuff but I'm confused by most of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter