PTSD - need confirmation okay to Disney this month!!! Please help!!!

If it is specifically gun/pyro noise then there is a gun effect on Jungle Cruise (don’t believe you can hear that from the walkway) and there are two ghosts in a duel at the upper portion of the “swinging wake” in the Haunted Mansion which DO have a sound effect that is not always working.

the only other surprising noise we encountered last week was the randomly-appearing marching band cavalcade.

Just came out of Mickey’s Philharmagic - thought of this thread when the champagne bottles popped their corks. Definitely something for you to avoid. Good luck and best wishes!

Hello friends,

Due to suffering from a PTSD-type disorder that renders any that goes "boom" as a no go in my life, I have for my 50 years on earth been unable to visit the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Obviously the nighttime fireworks shows are an immediate stop to all plans, but so are any of the smaller pyro elements used in daily shows or what have you (I won't even go on Pirates of the Caribbean). I simply can't be in the parks, my nervous system can't take it.

However this COVID thing has me believing there is a silver lining to this awful pandemic. What I'm hoping you kind folks who are regular visitors to the parks can confirm for me is that during this period all the shows are cancelled so as to avoid gathering crowds in violation of social distancing practices. This would provide me with a blessed window during which I could spend a day or two at each park without worrying about something popping off and sending me into shock. I have a trip planned to Orlando at the end of this month, and I'm hoping to make this dream a reality!

So anyone who's been there recently, or has contacts that would know for sure, PLEASE confirm for me that there are no pyro in use currently at either MK or Epcot. I've said my prayers, hoping y'all are able to answer them! Disney is supposed to be the happiest place on earth, I'd like to find out for myself! :-)

Thank you,
Darrell

While there aren't the full-scale shows, they may very well have a "pop-up" show at any time, or even surprise guests by practicing or running a show??? I'd worry it would be very unexpected, making it worse on you than a planned show. There are also shows at other venues in the area with fireworks. I wonder if you could find out from guest relations or a cast member if there were any planned shows during the day and you could make plans to be indoors or away when they happen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter