• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

QS mobile ordering experience

So fast. Never waited longer than 5 minutes. Usually shorter. We did mobile orders at Flame Tree BBQ, Cosmic Ray’s, Pecos Bill’s and Casey’s Corner. Amazing! Honestly one of my favorite improvements at WDW in the past few years. Makes things so much easier with little ones.

Sadly, you can't use AP or TIW discounts.
which QS have AP discounts? I thought it was just TS. Except for a few at disney springs I don't see any QS, so it doesn't matter.

Same for TiW, it does work at a few food courts but none of the mobile ordering QS locations

I LOVED this thing when I used it. Best use? Dying of thirst, long lines at all of the carts, walking by CHH, order myself a sugar free lemonade, walk in, grab it and be drinking before I would have even moved up one person in line at a cart. I am not sure I even had to interact with another human besides waving my phone when they held up the drink.

which QS have AP discounts? I thought it was just TS. Except for a few at disney springs I don't see any QS, so it doesn't matter.

Same for TiW, it does work at a few food courts but none of the mobile ordering QS locations

I LOVED this thing when I used it. Best use? Dying of thirst, long lines at all of the carts, walking by CHH, order myself a sugar free lemonade, walk in, grab it and be drinking before I would have even moved up one person in line at a cart. I am not sure I even had to interact with another human besides waving my phone when they held up the drink.

They've periodically had discounts on QS. For most of 2017, they had it. But you couldn't do it through mobile ordering. I'm sure those discounts will come back around like everything does.

They've periodically had discounts on QS. For most of 2017, they had it. But you couldn't do it through mobile ordering. I'm sure those discounts will come back around like everything does.
who knows what will be updated by the time they roll around again. For right now it's not a relevant point since there are no discounts available on the QS places that do mobile ordering.

who knows what will be updated by the time they roll around again. For right now it's not a relevant point since there are no discounts available on the QS places that do mobile ordering.

You're wrong. There are a bunch of QS places with both mobile ordering and TIW discounts right now. You can't use the discounts in the app.

You're wrong. There are a bunch of QS places with both mobile ordering and TIW discounts right now. You can't use the discounts in the app.

I said "it does work at a few food courts". But I don't stay at values, just DVC so really just the parks matter to me. Mobile ordering was a game changer for me in the parks.

I said "it does work at a few food courts". But I don't stay at values, just DVC so really just the parks matter to me. Mobile ordering was a game changer for me in the parks.

Wrong again. There are QS in the parks with TIW discounts and mobile ordering.

I think there are only 3 QS locations inside the parks that give TiW discounts and offer mobile ordering, and all 3 are in AK...Flame Tree, Pizzafari, and Restaurantosaurus.

It's really a minimal impact.

I think there are only 3 QS locations inside the parks that give TiW discounts and offer mobile ordering, and all 3 are in AK...Flame Tree, Pizzafari, and Restaurantosaurus.

thanks, I'm only familiar with AP since TiW doesn't work out financially for me.

Honestly (i'm sure I'll get slammed for this again by someone who seems to have a thing for me tonight!) the convenience of bypassing a huge line is well worth forgoing the discount anyway. Last time at CHH (where there are no discounts anyway) the line was out the door and down to haunted mansion at lunchtime and I was eating my lunch about 10 minutes after ordering and getting settled upstairs. CS was a complete no-go for me before mobile ordering.

it depends what discounts are running at the particular time. On our last 10 day trip, the inability to use discounts with mobile ordering cost us at least $100. I like the mobile ordering feature. I'm just saying it's annoying that you can't use discounts via the app. It's true that at this moment, there aren't many places with discounts available. But, there are some (let's get the facts right). Whether the impact of a 10% discount is minimal really depends on the buyer. Not everyone would agree.

Quick question, can you charge the meals to your Magic band assigned to the room if you mobile order? We are trying to manage the CS meals on our December trip, and I hate to have the food go to my CC if I can charge to my room and pay it every few days.

Quick question, can you charge the meals to your Magic band assigned to the room if you mobile order? We are trying to manage the CS meals on our December trip, and I hate to have the food go to my CC if I can charge to my room and pay it every few days.

No. Credit card and DDP are the only accepted means of payment for mobile ordering as of now.

Could change between now and your trip, but as of now, that's the only two methods of payment.

No. Credit card and DDP are the only accepted means of payment for mobile ordering as of now.

Could change between now and your trip, but as of now, that's the only two methods of payment.

Thank you! We have 7 of us on the DDP this December and will be using CS, however I saw the crowd predictions for our week, and am horrified at the thought of long long CS lines. Waiting to order and then waiting to get our food, and then finding a table! YIKES!!! My DD has been looking into the mobile ordering, and I am glad that it will be a viable option for us.

Question ... So I placed my BOG lunch order through MDE and hit confirm. But when I go back into my reservations it says " place order" when I click that it shows my selections but then says "review order" like I didn't confirm it in the first place. Am I doing something wrong ? Should I have received a notification that I placed my order

Question ... So I placed my BOG lunch order through MDE and hit confirm. But when I go back into my reservations it says " place order" when I click that it shows my selections but then says "review order" like I didn't confirm it in the first place. Am I doing something wrong ? Should I have received a notification that I placed my order

Your order is placed. You don't need to do anything else.

They leave it that way so you can go back in and edit it if you change your mind between the time you place it and your reservation.

Can you place more than 1 order from one MDE acct? For example we want to use Dining Credits for 4 meals (adults) of our group of 8 and then pay with CC for the other 4 meals. I know you can't split how they are paid for, but could you create 2 separate orders from the same MDE acct?

Can you place more than 1 order from one MDE acct? For example we want to use Dining Credits for 4 meals (adults) of our group of 8 and then pay with CC for the other 4 meals. I know you can't split how they are paid for, but could you create 2 separate orders from the same MDE acct?

If you're talking about pre-ordering at BOG, then no...one order only per reservation and only one payment method for pre-orders.

Using mobile ordering at any other restaurant that accepts it...sure, no problem.

If you're talking about pre-ordering at BOG, then no...one order only per reservation and only one payment method for pre-orders.

Using mobile ordering at any other restaurant that accepts it...sure, no problem.

Yeah I was talking about mobile ordering not BOG. So are you saying you can place two separate orders with one MDE acct or that you could just place one order and pay for some with DDP and some with credit card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter