Delete Thread

we called and you didn't answer"
:sad2:

mid-sentence she walked away to do something at another table and didn't come back for about 15 minutes.
:faint:

However our service after being seated was just plain bad.
Yeah, this whole experience sounds bad and the food doesn't look worth it which sucks. I thought the menu sounded pretty interesting but Steve doesn't think so, therefore I figured we wouldn't be trying it soon, and now after reading your review I'm not in a rush. And while I know sometimes waiting past your ADR time happens your wait was not ok lol!

Sorry the food fell a little flat at the booths in Epcot, you all did better than us on our Thanksgiving trip, we didn’t try any booths!:lmao:

Sorry the food fell a little flat at the booths in Epcot, you all did better than us on our Thanksgiving trip, we didn’t try any booths!:lmao:

I think maybe I missed some of th better food, but I’m glad we got to try some to see. :rotfl: That’s what happened to us last year, on our Epcot day we had like 3 meals so we never made it to any booths.

It's just hard to center a meal for both of us around the holiday booths, because there were only 2-3 (I heard 3, but only saw 2) gluten free options available. I was actually kind of surprised because for MVMCP they added about 4 different GF treats you could buy, but for Festival of the Holidays almost none of the options were GF.
That’s strange because it seems like they have a lot of GF options at F&W but I guess it’s a lot more booths to choose from.

This looked more unique than the actual cookies which I assumed we're very similar to what they were handing out at MVMCP for free. Sadly, I didn't find this to be anything special. It was difficult to eat with the plastic utensils, and just tasted overwhelmingly of the cinnamon ice cream. The description sounded good, but it just kind of fell flat.

ZftjuMul.jpg
That sucks it didn’t taste good because it looks amazing. My mom went to college in Indiana close to a large Amish community and we go visit a lot and one restaurant we always go to has an apple dumpling with cinnamon ice cream that is incredible.

Sorry I’m late Raeven :o
Will head over to your TR after this
We love Homecoming with deviled eggs and Mac and Cheese what more do you need::yes::
What horrible service at Ale & Compass :sad2:

Happy New Year Raeven! I love Homecomin' too! We've dined there twice now, and have reservations again in March...Can't wait! Sorry the Moonshine Mash was disappointing!!!! It's actually one of my favs. Give it another try...:drinking1

All caught up on both reports now! Phew :P

Josh went with deviled eggs. The portion was really small, but it was only $3. I felt bad eating his appetizer when it was so small so I just had a bite of one. I didn't like the amount of seasoning on top, but he seemed to think these were alright.

Those are pretty sad looking compared to Homecomin' :sad2:

Next up we ordered our favorite appetizer the deviled eggs! (And then devoured them quickly because we were starving :rotfl:).

Deviled Eggs

91737f15-ce77-4d49-b0af-b826b7b80b09-jpeg.289597

Mike and I thought those were amazing. I'll never look at deviled eggs the same again :-)

Pumpkin pie bread pudding with caramel sauce:

eb23eb95-4781-4c78-9e43-1cd4dccf2875-jpeg.289603

Yum!

I will say I know being late is our fault, but I don't think we should've had to wait an hour. In an hour I could've easily gotten a reservation somewhere else last minute and gotten in, we stuck it out because of the CP package, and because I was curious about the new restaurant. However our service after being seated was just plain bad.

Jeez, this whole experience sounds awful. And your food looks kind of, meh. I won't be rushing here anytime soon :sad2:

Warm Apple Fritter with Cinnamon Ice Cream and Warm Caramel Sauce

That looks yummy :P

Can't wait to read more!

All caught up on both reports now! Phew :P

Phew that was a close one! :rotfl:

Those are pretty sad looking compared to Homecomin' :sad2:

Definitely! I mean they were a lot cheaper, but the whole dish was basically the size of one egg at Homecomin'.

Mike and I thought those were amazing. I'll never look at deviled eggs the same again :-)

Yes they're the best!

Jeez, this whole experience sounds awful. And your food looks kind of, meh. I won't be rushing here anytime soon :sad2:

Yeah, and the fact that the food was kind of meh really made it not worth it.

Can't wait to read more!

:thumbsup2

Got caught up. So bummed about your Ale & Compass review. I want to try lunch there because I heard it has a really good burger. I will reserve judgment untilbi read your lunch review. Breakfast sure looked underwhelming.

Keep the reviews coming.

Got caught up. So bummed about your Ale & Compass review. I want to try lunch there because I heard it has a really good burger. I will reserve judgment untilbi read your lunch review. Breakfast sure looked underwhelming.

It was a bummer. That review is coming up! But it might be a bit because it was towards the end. I will tell you we did like lunch better than breakfast.

Keep the reviews coming.

Will do :thumbsup2

Your Chefs meal looks good. Too bad they didn't have an alternative sauce for Josh's dish. Funny with the pasta - why wouldn't it have a sauce? Or it could have been potatoes or something. Heck, I'd probably even eat veggies that were in it :rotfl:

We tried the tamale and pork from the Three Kings booth too. I liked the tamale even though the filling to tamale ratio was not great :) The pork might have won for us though. I wasn't expecting to like it - I think I had in my head that it would all taste pickle-y, but it was really tender and we liked the yucca too - we'd never had it before. But not the pickled bananas. Could have skipped those! :crazy2:

That is really weird that they had almost no GF stuff at the booths. They seem to be so accommodating, and F&W had quite a few, right? I saw that the Festival of the Arts menus came out the other day but haven't looked at those yet. We'll have to do a better job at those this next trip. Last year we had so little time and we ate so much food on the first day, and we were noobs :rotfl:

Your meal look pretty good, but poor Josh. He deserves some decent GF food, his all just seems so blah :crazy2:

Soupe à l’oignon gratinée (French Onion Soup)
topped with Gruyère cheese

lf1KIlVl.jpg

This was exactly what I needed after being out in the cold. It was so warm, and so delicious. :lovestruc I don't have a lot of experience with french onion soup aside from Be Our Guest where I prefer the cheese to the soup. But this was way better! I actually wanted to eat the soup along with the cheese. :rotfl:
I want to try Chef's just for this soup. I've been on a big French Onion soup kick lately. Even Josh's salad looks good though!

Boeuf Bourguignon, linguine
Beef braised in Cabernet with baby onions and carrots, served with linguine pasta

9IoRCoxl.jpg

My beef was really nice and tender except for one chunk of it that was very chewy and fatty. I just skipped that piece. I didn't really get why the dish came with completely plain pasta though, to give it any flavor I mixed it in with the beef and sauce, but overall it still felt plain and tasted like it should've come with something on it. Or instead of pasta they could probably just add more meat to the dish and take out the pasta entirely.
I feel like mashed potatoes would go better with this or roasted potatoes.

Poulet fermier à la Layonnaise, pomme puree
Lyon style roasted chicken served with tomatoes and vinegar sauce, mashed potatoes

MqbxPDfl.jpg

The only issue was to make this GF he had to skip the sauce. He thought maybe there was an alternative sauce (the waitress didn't make it super clear what they needed to modify on this dish, just that they could), but his chicken, broccoli, and potatoes arrived plain aside from butter on the potatoes. Overall he thought his meal was far too plain, and didn't have much flavor.
That does look very plain, like something I'd get if I was on a diet.

I didn't see you started a Dining report! I'm reading through everything now, dangerous since I'm really hungry and I can't eat lunch for another twenty minutes.

These look delicious. I love deviled eggs and have been wanting to learn to make them myself, but whenever I see them on a menu I have to order them.

OMG this looks heavenly!

I didn't think I'd like this restaurant since I'm not a huge fan of southern food. But the dishes you got looks really good and it's making me reconsider and add it to the list of restaurants.

That's annoying about having to wait for so long for the Ale and Compass and then have them tell you they didn't know you were there. We had a similar experience at the Yachtsman where they forgot to come get us and laughed about it when we went to ask and said the ticket had been just sitting there.

Your bacon looked super crispy, which is the only way I like my bacon.

I love Chef De France, but I normally go for lunch and pick just one item on the menu, I've never tried the prixe fix option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter