QSR dining for the first time at WDW

Nycraig79

Earning My Ears
Our usual WDW trips are usually so scheduled between fast passes and being on a 3 sit down meal dining plan. We are headed down in three weeks and trying something new.. going with the flow and dining at QSR only!

What are some of your favorite park bites/places that are quick service at the parks? For AK, we definitely want to do Nomad lounge. Trying to stay away from typical burgers/pizza. Also don’t need huge meals, but happy with grazing during the day.

Any advice is appreciated!

I like Woody’s Lunch Box at HS and Pecos Bill at MK - but I’m not a very adventurous eater

Our favorites:

Epcot:
-La Cantina de San Angel
-Regal Eagle Smokehouse (haven't tried it yet, but want to)
-Sommerfest (for a beer and brat or pretzel)

Magic Kingdom:
-Pecos Bills
-Columbia Harbor
-Casey's Corner

Hollywood Studios:
-Woody's Lunch Box (has a nice little breakfast selection)
-Backlot Express

Animal Kingdom:
-Harambe Market
-Flame Tree Barbecue

Disney Springs:
(There are a TON of good QS here, but we have really enjoyed these.)
-The Polite Pig
-Cookes of Dublin
-Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar

Resorts:
-Ale & Compass Lounge at Yacht Club
-Hurricane Hanna's at Beach Club
-Banana Cabana at Caribbean Beach (easy to get to from skyliner, with very relaxing vacation vibe)
-Boardwalk Bakery at Boardwalk
-Three Bridges Bar & Grill at Coronado Springs

Our faves are:

MK - Pecos Bills
AK - Satuli Canteen
DHS - Baseline Tap House, and haven't tried it yet, but I hear good things about Docking Bay 7
Epcot - La Cantina de San Angel, plus SO many options if you are there during a festival

MK - get the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow
Epcot - La Cantina de San Angel, Choza de Margarita, Les Halles
DHS: Ronto Roasters, Docking Bay 7, Baseline Taphouse (charcuterie and pretzel)
AK: Harambe Market, Satuli Canteen, Nomad Lounge

We have done sit downs in the past but find for our family, we prefer to do QS. We only travel ever 2-4 years so trying to get all the attractions in is important to us so QS fit our style. Keep in mind some of these on the list are not open so hoping to check these out when things get back to normal. In the last 4 trips to WDW, I can honestly say that I have not had to eat one hamburger or pizza with all the delicious offerings available :)

Our must dos are:

MK: BOG ( sandwiches and French onion soup),
Columbia Harbor House ( lobster roll, fish and chips) ,
Pecos Bills (fajitas, nachos, Southwest salads)

HS: ABC Commissary (curry rice bowls, tacos, club sandwiches, Buffalo chicken grilled cheese)
Woody's Lunch Box
Fairfax (bowls, combo platters, sandwiches)

Epcot: Seasons in the Land pavilion (far too many options to list)
All the country's have wonderful offerings
England: fish and chips
Canada: poutine
Japan : sushi
Germany: schnitzel
France: croissant sandwiches, soups
Mexico: empanadas, nachos
America: BBQ

AK: Flame Tree BBQ (all offerings can easily be shared)
Yak and Yeti (combo rice plates) egg rolls,
Harambe Market
Nomad lounge
Satu'li Canteen

We did not eat QS at AK or HS, so I cannot comment on either of those parks.

MK:
Everyone loves Pecos Bill's, but we didn't like it. We are from Texas, so that might be why. If you aren't accustomed to really good tacos and fajitas, you will probably like it fine.

Columbia Harbor House. The food was just okay. I've read more than one New Englander report on here that they found it disgusting, but CHH is more of a low-level fast food version of their good seafood recipes. I found it palatable, but the aspect I like the most about CHH is the atmosphere. The upstairs is a very relaxing place to sit in the A/C and enjoy what feels a bit closer to home dining as you eat. If you can snag a window table, it's an extra special treat. It's nice to people-watch in the comfort of A/C while you eat at the table.

Cosmic Ray's: I was pleasantly surprised at the food. It tasted fresh, and like a decent diner-quality meal. The atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. It looks like a cheap Chuck-E-Cheese knock-off. And the order ques are chaotic. I rarely drink, but this place is one time that I think I might need a few cold ones. Again, food is good!

(I really liked the BOG lunch, but I hear that's now in the Disney history books.)

EPCOT:
EPCOT is like finding the lost City of Cibola if you like food. The question should be phrased, "What isn't good?"

This is the place we are now certain to splurge on TS.
We have eaten exactly ONE QS meal here, and that was at the Cantina de San Angel. In spite of being spoiled by good fajitas and tacos, we found it to be more than palatable for a QS. I would totally eat there again if we were going to dine QS at EP.
There is one TS restaurant that wasn't too far off of a QS price tag if you play your cards right, and that's Via Napoli. We ordered a large pizza to share. Dh and dd split a salad. Dh got a coke. The rest of us had water. (I think dh may have ordered some cheese sticks also. His food consumption could shame a linebacker.) Our total bill, including tip, wasn't much more than we would have spent at a QS on individual meals.

MK: I am from New England so CHH is bleh for us. Cosmic Rays' has it's moments, consistently okay but inside drives me crazy. Pecos Bills is okay. I don't love MK QSR, we often just snack at MK or do a TS restaurant.
DHS: Baseline Tap House, heard Docking Bay was pretty good and believe it or not ABC Commissary was decent
AK: Yak & Yeti Cafe, still haven't tried Nomad Lounge or Satu'li Canteen yet..Flame Tree BBQ has decent food
EPCOT: While I have heard others rave about Regal Eagle, it was not great, none of the 4 of us liked our food. Would not eat there again. Les Halles has some great stuff and Via Napoli.

Some of the places suggested here are currently closed - just a caution in case you are travelling soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter