Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@Bobbowoz Lovely pictures

Good morning. Woke up to no internet so had to reboot. It went out during the night. Maybe due to the wind but the wind lessened as the night went on. It is 35 here now and heading to around 50. I hope the sun stays out today. I went to BJs yesterday in my town. My company gets a cut rate for membership so for $20 I thought I would check it out. I doubt I will renew as it really isn't for me. I did buy peanut butter, storage bags, and a book. The BJ's in Kenny's town is better so I will check them out. Books are a good price so I can make up the membership cost with those. Today I am hoping to go to the gym after work.

Off to work. Have a good day.
I'm not a fan either but I may join as I have a free membership offer that's good until May 5th.

I joined on an Amex free offer a few years ago and they've been sending me offers to rejoin ever since I closed that membership.

Right now I have a Sam's and a Costco as well. Costco is where I shop but I joined Sam's on a free offer because I could gas up cheaper driving to and from Disney. Then, we kept a membership by alternating with myself and my DD. Last time, we got a year for $10. I have to check the expiration date or they'll charge us again. I'm pretty good at keeping on top of it.

Costco, on the other hand, sometimes has a membership deal, but it's better for me to just continue as I get good value, such as the recent Disney Gift Card deal over Christmas. I was able (with family as my son and DD also have memberships) to pay my DVC dues in full and stash some extra for my upcoming trip. Those savings easily paid for my black card membership. The other 2 also have DGC but the deals are rarely even close.

We’re having corned beef today with DSis and her Honey. We travel to WDW on Sunday, and today is the day that worked for out St Patrick celebration together.☘️ It’s in the crock pot.

Sunny, and not quite as windy today.

We’ll do some grocery shopping, and then SVdP meeting this afternoon.

I checked Orlando’s forecast for next week, and it doesn’t look like swimming weather. The best day is Sunday, our travel day. Tuesday, rain…then highs only in 70’s. Oh well! We are there for Flower Show experiences!🌸

I hope everyone has a good day today!
I'll be watching for your reports! We will arrive on the 25th, but don't check in until the 26th since 3 people are flying and I'm driving. I've got rooms booked at the airport since those flights arrive just before 10pm and it's easier for them to just come to my rooms.

Good morning. The winds are gone, the sun is out and we're supposed to be in the 70's for the next 3 days. My friend in CO is under a winter storm watch for up to a foot of snow on Thursday. Wacky weather again.

I called the concert arena yesterday to ask about parking and a couple of other questions. Apparently the arena is on the bank by the river, and they have very few parking spaces. But the guy was really nice and told me where there's a parking lot across the street and down a side street, about a 3 minute walk. He even went as far as taking my name and make of car, and called the guy who runs it and they're holding us a parking spot until 6:25. Concert is at 7, but we'll be there long before that. I have to pick up the tickets at will call before 5.

Getting an oil change today and checking the air in the tires, filling up with gas, and doing a couple of errands. I'll get groceries tomorrow after Aldi's sale ad starts.

My SIL doesn't use her head. She texts me a 2 am (waking me out of a sound sleep), to ask why she didn't hear from me yesterday, was I mad at her? I knew she had appointments and didn't want to bother her. Says she's going to get dressed and come check to see if I'm okay. At 2 am? I'm not going to answer the door! Why I wasn't answering her texts, probably because it was 2 am and I was asleep. Half the time she types them, then forgets to hit send, and sometimes it's 2 days later when she sees it sitting there and sends it.
It was bad enough the text woke me up. Then my phone goes off again early this morning. I open my eyes to see it's dark out, 6:40 am. It's SIL again, telling me they're going to Morgantown after all. She didn't feel good last night (according to text) and she was going to cancel. She had an appointment to check her hearing aids, the $$$ hearing aids she got back in Oct, and has yet to use. They drive all the way to Morgantown, get there and go inside, only to find out that her hearing aids are at home on the table, 1 1/2 hours away. So they have to go tomorrow instead. LOL!

Going to get the trash down to the street, including the huge box from the treadmill. Tired of moving it every time I have to get something in the shed.
Have a good day.

@bobbiwoz and @Judique Have great trips!
1710252957009.png

Good morning warm hug to all. Safe and fun trip prayers, Judique and Bobbi:hug:The two of you should try to meet if not this time, next! :)

Snowysmom, extra hug and good day prayers.
Sadly, we go home on the 22nd.

This trip was meant as a girlfriends trip, primarily for a dear friend who has immune deficiency. We were going to drive together and she would be staying mostly in Kidani, enjoying the savanna view. In the end, it was just too scary to risk, so we changed it to a family trip. Tina loves Disney things, but in spite of special treatment, she has no defense against Covid. It’s just not safe for her to be out and about.

Sadly, we go home on the 22nd.

This trip was meant as a girlfriends trip, primarily for a dear friend who has immune deficiency. We were going to drive together and she would be staying mostly in Kidani, enjoying the savanna view. In the end, it was just too scary to risk, so we changed it to a family trip. Tina loves Disney things, but in spite of special treatment, she has no defense against Covid. It’s just not safe for her to be out and about.

There will be other trips in our DVC futures. I'll be at Boardwalk Villas last week in February 2025 as it now stands. Walking my reservation along.

If we happen to be at the same resort at the same time I would absolutely love to say hello or meet for coffee.

But with many Disney trips in my past I also understand that meet ups during a short vacation are not that convenient at WDW when staying at different resorts and trying to plan activities, especially when we have family and friends traveling along with us.

WDW is a huge place and unless someone has been there it's difficult for them to really get what it's like.

Happy Tuesday!

Just a quick "hi" from me today. Little busy at work and today is our department's employee appreciation lunch. I have pizza and salad being delivered so I'm waiting for that call and I'm trying to order speciality cookies but their website isn't loading all the available flavors. I'm giving them until 11:20 and then I'm jumping ship to another company for the order.

Watched Mia last night so that was fun.

Have a great day!

Judique, hug extra and prayers for Tina. Covid risk is definitely still a concern for dad and I. We pray to feel comfortable (and of course have the health) to go to Disneyland in May. I have never been to WDW. Disneyland can be big enough. I imagine WDW as ginormous. God willing one day you and Bobbi along with anyone else can meet and just maybe one of you will come out here so I can meet you too :)

How awful Lynn. I'm sorry you were disturbed like that. Normally, I turn off my cell phone by 8. These days I do keep it on overnight only because I need to contact dad a few times on our landline for help getting up so I can use the bathroom. I simply pray you sleep extra well tonight and have a safe and fabulous time at the concert. I am so excitef for you and extra thankful to God you are going.

Hug footballmouse and enjoy your lunch and celebration :)

An edit to correct the type of baby animal in the picture I posted a couple of pages back.

It's an Alpaca not a Llama as I posted. I was just looking at the DD's email and saw that I had copied it wrong. Still cute!

I hope you are all having a good day. I have been blessed to get some extra rest. I did have a setback though earlier :( Dad and I both thought it would be an idea, not sure good or bad, looking back it was a terrible idea, to have me try walking out our apartment door to a nearby staircase to upstairs apartments (not the staircase I would need to use to get to a car). Disaster. Mercy of God I am able to be safely back at our kitchen table typing this right now. Just walking on our small area rug and then crossing over the metal frame of our door and outside was difficult. Trying the stairs resulted in my being in horrible pain. Let heel I believe hit hard against my Velcro boot. I heard something in my foot not good. God's Mercy alone got me back inside our apartment to the back of our apartment and to the recliner chair. I took a very low dose of ibuprofen and rested for an hour. In discomfort now. Thank God nothing like the pain of earlier.

Longer story short is at this time I would not be able to get down or up the stairs with help. The only way would be for me to be physically carried and put on a stair chair. I will go back to calling stair chair companies tomorrow. I will certainly keep all of dear you posted and appreciate more than I can say all of your kind prayers. Please extra pray this doesn't set me back and tomorrow will be more or less the way it was before this happened.

Take care of yourselves friends and listen to your intuition always! Be still and know He no matter what is with you. I extra thank Him right now for being with and loving me!

Have a good evening everyone with love.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope your foot feels better. Ibuprofen is definitely a good idea. I hope you find a chair car company that is reasonable and can take you to your appt.

Good morning. It is 30 degrees here with temps heading to 50. I just made my 2 ADR's for my Disney trip in May. We are dining at Brown Derby and Plaza restaurant. The rest we are just winging and probably snacking our way through the parks. I have a condo meeting tonight. The attorney that people are suggesting for the HOA is taking questions. Kenny invited me to dinner where I would rather be but I know the meeting is important. I took a rain check on dinner. I went to the gym yesterday. I get annoyed when someone sits at a machine, looking at their phone for a long time. If you are done with the machine, move, and look at your phone somewhere else. My pet peeve about gyms.

Good morning!🍀

High 60's yesterday and today.:sunny: My lazy butt still didn't go outside to walk. That will be changing since I stepped on the scale this morning 😳. Was not happy with myself!🤬

I have my ironing that I need to get done tonight and I didn't bring my gymshoes to work so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to walk 👩‍🦯. I'll probably get out when I get home and just not go on a 3 mile walk.

Our appreciation lunch was a success yesterday 👏. Only issue I had was that I ordered the fancy cookies from Crumble Cookies (not sure how many of you have them in your area) and the delivery was supposed to be at 12:15 but they didn't arrive until 12:50 😡. Everyone was still hanging out in the conference room so it wasn't that big of a deal it's just that I feel like my director is just looking for something to criticize me about.

I had a job interview yesterday afternoon with a different department. I think it went pretty well, but we'll see.🤞

Snowysmom - good luck at the meeting tonight. Hopefully the attorney will have some answers to all your questions.🙏

That's about it except for it's Survivor night.😊 Have a great day!:wave:

@flyingdumbo127 I hope your foot feels better. Ibuprofen is definitely a good idea. I hope you find a chair car company that is reasonable and can take you to your appt.

Good morning. It is 30 degrees here with temps heading to 50. I just made my 2 ADR's for my Disney trip in May. We are dining at Brown Derby and Plaza restaurant. The rest we are just winging and probably snacking our way through the parks. I have a condo meeting tonight. The attorney that people are suggesting for the HOA is taking questions. Kenny invited me to dinner where I would rather be but I know the meeting is important. I took a rain check on dinner. I went to the gym yesterday. I get annoyed when someone sits at a machine, looking at their phone for a long time. If you are done with the machine, move, and look at your phone somewhere else. My pet peeve about gyms.

We've got Brown Derby for our DHS day in a couple of weeks, actually 2 weeks from today! It's a late lunch and I'll be having the Cobb salad. Probably sharing with someone as it's quite a lot of salad, although I have finished it when I was very hungry. I've only eaten at Plaza one time and we all liked it. But I rarely plan restaurants at Magic Kingdom, and usually go to Sleepy Hollow for the nutella waffle. I have over the years ate at most places there, such as Crystal Palace, King Stefan's (that's how long since I've eaten in the Castle!), Tony's, Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree Tavern, Columbia Harbor House and probably all of the walk up spots.

Our high says 71 but it's only 44 right now.

Hope your meeting goes well!

Good morning!🍀

High 60's yesterday and today.:sunny: My lazy butt still didn't go outside to walk. That will be changing since I stepped on the scale this morning 😳. Was not happy with myself!🤬

I have my ironing that I need to get done tonight and I didn't bring my gymshoes to work so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to walk 👩‍🦯. I'll probably get out when I get home and just not go on a 3 mile walk.

Our appreciation lunch was a success yesterday 👏. Only issue I had was that I ordered the fancy cookies from Crumble Cookies (not sure how many of you have them in your area) and the delivery was supposed to be at 12:15 but they didn't arrive until 12:50 😡. Everyone was still hanging out in the conference room so it wasn't that big of a deal it's just that I feel like my director is just looking for something to criticize me about.

I had a job interview yesterday afternoon with a different department. I think it went pretty well, but we'll see.🤞

Snowysmom - good luck at the meeting tonight. Hopefully the attorney will have some answers to all your questions.🙏

That's about it except for it's Survivor night.😊 Have a great day!:wave:

Something has to make me walk. I have maintained my weight but it wouldn't hurt to take it down ten pounds. It's my activity level. I've already been out feeding the birds and startling the stray that's trying to eat or just catch and play with them. Fotunately for them he doesn't seem to be a good hunter.

I'm not feeding him and I believe he belongs next street over. He's nice and plump so is doing okay.

Good luck with your interview!

Crumbl Cookies are here in a couple of spots. DD bought a half dozen not long ago and they were good but we won't be rushing back as it is way too much sugar for this house.

I haven't tried the ones at Disney yet and probably won't. Not willing to wait in line.

I'm pretty chatty this morning. While I was out I realized that deer had been on my patio this morning.

I've sprinkled the stuff to keep them away but with so much rain I think it just washed away.

Last year as soon as my day lilies were nice and full of blooms they had a feast. Then they seemed to like biting my tomatoes and messing up whatever else was out there. They also stepped on my little plastic pool I got for the girls just to get wet in. Plus when I put the small tent up on the patio for the girls, something came and chewed a hole in it. That may have been a groundhog or squirrel but now I know not to leave it overnight.

Costco has some trellis sections that are I think 6 feet tall. I have some from last year and I was thinking I may be able to set them around the perimeter of my gazebo. My greenhouse protects one side, so I would need to do something with 3 sides. The whole patio is 24 by 24, but I just want to wall of a 12 by 12 section. The part that adjoins this is the firepit area so that needs to stay open. I probably need to permanently screen the gazebo and be done with it.

I'll be emptying my herb garden and probably moving it back onto the deck. Right now it's too heavy to move.

Lots of work waiting for me! This year I'm just buying starter plants since I didn't do anything in February.

Good morning. I wanted to get an early start to the grocery store, but woke up late, had to take more trash down to the street (just beat the truck), feel the menagerie, and call the ISP, again. I'm tired of all their issues and I'm about ready to cut the cord with them.
It's 46 now but going to mid 70's, near 80 tomorrow. My peony's are starting to come up, the rhubarb is up, all of the tress have buds on them, so Spring is very close.

@Snowysmom Good luck with the HOA meeting.

Have a great day everyone

1710337622302.png

Good morning. I wanted to get an early start to the grocery store, but woke up late, had to take more trash down to the street (just beat the truck), feel the menagerie, and call the ISP, again. I'm tired of all their issues and I'm about ready to cut the cord with them.
It's 46 now but going to mid 70's, near 80 tomorrow. My peony's are starting to come up, the rhubarb is up, all of the tress have buds on them, so Spring is very close.

@Snowysmom Good luck with the HOA meeting.

Have a great day everyone

View attachment 841395
That cone Mickey is holding looks delicious to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter