Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Morning Dis Family :)

Lynxstch, I am so happy Madalyn and her dad got to see one another! That is also wonderful she and her family live so close to other family that is able to help out right now. Continued prayers for all of you indeed!

AuntieMe3, I'm sorry, my friend, big hug. What a sad and hard situation :( Prayers indeed for all of you, as well!

What a wild weekend, Easyas123! Prayers you have a quieter Monday! Thank you for your Holy Bible ideas. Sadly, there would be no one in my immediate family at the moment for me to pass it onto. It doesn't have any recorded information in it, other than a brief inscription page which I could easily tear out. It's really in like new condition. An extra reason I would love to pass it on!

Could you call local bible store about how to remove the engraving? Or if they have some way to help and suggestions for new purchase?

@lovemygoofy a lot of us are big dog people here! My advice is to look at your lifestyle and think about what you want in a dog. Make a list. Then think about what type of dog has those characteristics - whether you get a puppy from a breeder or go down to the local shelter. Most dogs have roots where you can get at least a hint of what’s in their genes. That affects your life, because a dog that was bred to work or herd is going to be busy wanting to do exactly that. If you know you want more of a couch potato dog who will hang out with you on the sofa, look for that type of dog and personality. I feel it’s important to have a good match. I mean, you don’t have to, but the better the match, the better the quality of the relationship will be. If you want a puppy but don’t want to go to a breeder there are lots of shelters looking for good homes for puppies, too.

My favorite dog book is Good Owners, Great Dogs. I would strongly suggest ordering a copy if it on Amazon and start reading it. The same authors have My Smart Puppy, that’s a good one too. There are also books specifically for dogs who come from shelters and may have special needs. Buying from a breeder does not guarantee a dog won’t have special needs, though. Dogs are like kids in that there’s never any guarantee of what you will get in personality and how things will be long term. But knowledge on your part about how to build a good relationship with your dog will go a really long way to having a beautiful relationship with your dog, no matter where the dog comes from.

Sadly, Tina, we don't have a local Bible store as far as I know. So many have gone out of business :( I can Google though, thank you for the idea!

Great doggie advice, Pea indeed! I am huge dog person (not a cat person at all). One day should I have a new apartment (that is bigger and has outdoor space) I would love to adopt a dog in honor of Champ. I would suggest after reading through some books and giving what size/type of dog consideration, to go visit a shelter and see for yourself some possible doggie friends in person. I believe, should you go this route, the dog just might pick you! Paws and thanks to you and Matt for wanting to give a dog a loving home.

Just a relaxing day here for me. We had leftovers from yesterday for our big meal (roast, potatoes, carrots, bread). I'm really wanting a candy bar or a Blizzard, but trying to be good, so I ate a yogurt and some pretzels instead.

DD#2 sent some pictures from WDW. The last one is for our scavanger hunt, lol.

And yes, he ended up with the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket...and the Simba one yesterday at AK. Not spoiled a bit, is he?

Aww such cute pictures, Bianca and Bernard, thank you for sharing :)

I did try calling one Bible store, no answer. Will try what looks like a bigger one tomorrow (they are not open today). I'd appreciate if any of you do have a local Bible store and you would not mind calling it and asking for me. I did try a disinfecting wipe which did zip! But hey that small section is no disinfected :P

Did it work ? Having trouble loading fall decoration photos

Candy cane press. Makes small board books that are great Christian background on the holidays and why we celebrate them written on a 4-7 year old level

I don’t think it worked, I’ll try again later
Dogs - never had one as a kid, we got our puppy when we were just married. Hubbie picked out a husky/ shepherd mix from a rescue shelter . His dog like that as a kid, loved to run and run and run. Husky traits. Our dog liked to stay close by, very loyal, I guess more shepherd traits came out.
I took out at least 8 books at the library on dog training. The thing I remember is placing a bell on the doorknob, or a certain spot to sit by the door so they can tell you when they need to go out. Also, choosing a word to say...so even if it’s raining, or dark, or you take the dog to a friends cabin. They will no to go when you say the chosen word. Good luck

HI all.

Glad Madalyn is doing better.

Tina, Pea-n-Me gave lots of good dog info. We have had 4 shelties (2 at a time) then 2 golden retrievers. If you have any allergies, look into how much a dog sheds. All of ours shedded. DD didn't know she was allergic until she moved out of the house and could breath more easily, so she got a goldendoodle which causes less allergies. Also, I strongly recommend crate training any dog you get. Dogs offer unconditional love and are great companions.

Today is DD's last day of maternity leave. She has a membership to Longwood Gardens so DH and I met her and the kids there today. It was a beautiful day for walking the gardens.

HappyFallSnoopy.jpg

Welcome to Autumn, DIS family! It was a balmy 40 outside this morning, will be 75 and beautiful later on. Son in law is coming to clean the chimney today, then 1 more furnace estimator. Pretty sure we are going to go with the first guy, and most convenient is that he is less than 3 minutes down the road, lol! Also need to mow the lawn today sometime. At least it won't need to be done too many more times! No updates on Madalyn yet today, will add to this post if there are any later. I appreciate all the prayers and kind thoughts you have sent her way! Have a wonderful first day of FALL!

GREAT update---From Madalyn's Mom---

God is so good!! ❤ Her numbers dropped from 28 to 14! 🎉 I think the Dr was even shocked 😁 We are also coming home with oral antibiotics!! 🥳❤ The nurses gave her the option to tear all of the tape off of her IV and then just let her take it all out 😳😅 #notmychild. I can’t thank you enough for all of the prayers, encouragement and well wishes. We are currently trying watch school and it is proving to be impossible with all of the excitement 😄 Should be home by early afternoon.

Yard work is all done, chimney is all nice and clean. And best news of the day--Madalyn is on her way home..after a celebratory stop at Chic A Filet!

Last edited:
Had a bit of a busy morning; DH went to get his quarterly bloodwork done, and stopped at Chik-fil-A for chicken minis. OMG I love those things...the only thing that would make them better is if CFA sold plastic cheese cups with them! (Seriously, used to eat them with Auntie Anne's cheese sauce in the mornings...yum!) Put up 3 loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher from yesterday's run, picked up the bathroom and living room and took out the trash. Hit Publix for a flu shot (and $10 gc); did a quick shop there, for some basics for tomorrow. Stopped by the post office to get a package...DD#1 sent me a cute mug for grandparents day. (late, but that's the post office for you) A quick trip inside the Walmart Neighborhood market by my old house (by the post office) to get the dairy stuff I needed for tomorrow...AND I stopped at 7-11 to get a coke slurpee, because my arm is sore and I deserve it. LOL Chik-fil-a and slurpees all in one day....livin' the dream, people, livin' the dream....

Leftovers from the roast again today, to clean out the fridge. I'm making the sauce for baked pasta for tomorrow's main meal (6 hour cook on the sauce, so have to do it today for lunch tomorrow). Then tomorrow is baked ziti (well, rigatoni, as the store was out of ziti, lol), and I'm also making a lemon cake/lemon frosting then, since I'll have the big oven on.

Happy Autumn indeed Dis Family with love from LA!

I LOVE all the pictures this morning from Mickey to adorable mugs and in between! Yay.

My new chair is out for delivery! I'll post later that it has safely come :)

Here the weather outside is very gray and cool. Lol, in this apartment, it feels more like Summer. There's just little air flow in here :( Will have to turn on the A/C for a few soon.

May you each today and always know Jesus is with and within you always and that each of us within this thread care, too!

.livin' the dream, people, livin' the dream....

:rotfl:

Beautiful day here in our neck of the woods.
Keep your fingers crossed for me, just popped home and put the big goofball out in his fenced pen area, along w/ his brother. Yesterday evening O & I jury rigged some new posts to up the height and added some additional fencing. Then he added some bright orange landscaping tape on the fence so hopfully Duke will see it. It looks like the Clampetts live here but as long as it's functional I don't care. No one can see it from the road as it's behind the old barn at least. So they were both stretched out in the sun when I came back to the office, hopefully they still will be when I get home later!

Speaking of later, I've got a hair appointment this afternoon I'm looking forward to. A little color, a little trim. Weed wack my eyebrows and upper lip....all the good stuff.

I took out some chicken quarters to thaw, and I'll grill them for dinner either tonight or tomorrow evening - depending on if my husband makes it home for dinner or not tonight. He's been out of town since Friday and I'm expecting him home tonight, just don't know when. There's a pizza joint next to the hair place, so that is always a option as well.

Lunch today is the dregs of the fridge. Cheese & lettuce w/ mustard on rather stale - but not yet moldy - wheat bread and a bag of sour cream & onion chips I'll swipe from the office kitchen/break room! By cheese I mean the LAST slice of cheese. Uno. I reallyreallyreally need to go to the grocery store! I was hoping to be able to make it till Friday afternoon when I'll be out and about running errands and can easily pick up a grocery order, but I'm not sure I'll make it! I do have eggs, coffee & creamer at least!

Enjoy your hair cut, Easyas123, may I join you? :D

Engraving update: I got rid of it! Maybe not the best way but at least the text (most important to me, of course) did not in any way get touched! I used a key to easily scrape it off! I realized any new owner can easily place a name sticker (or even address label should they wish) over the marks, easy! Please let me know should any of you want this Holy Bible or know anyone who might! As an FYI, Dad will be going to the PO tomorrow so it could go out tomorrow! PM me mailing information. I realized that while I would prefer to have a new version physically before sending off what I currently have, what matters to me at heart is helping to know God's Word is being read by another! Since truly I am not much using this Bible, I think it would serve the Lord much more for me to pass it along.

I would also appreciate so much recommendations on a new version! I would want larger print, clear red for Jesus' more direct words, and probably an NKJV translation. It is of utmost importance to me that any and all references to God begin with a capital letter. I think NKJV is the only version other than KJV that offers that. Please correct me if I am wrong! Thank you! :)

Happy fall y'all.

and stopped at Chik-fil-A for chicken minis.
I had PT this morning then stopped at Chick-Fil-A for bacon, egg, and cheese muffin.
I've got a hair appointment this afternoon I'm looking forward to.
Then after CFA, I stopped at the library for contactless pickup of two books and went to the pharmacy to pickup prescriptions for DH before going to get my first haircut since February. Got more than 2 inches off but I don't color so none of that this time.

@flyingdumbo127, I just went to look at my Bibles to suggest one. I have more than 5 different ones, plus study references like Cliff notes for the Old and New Testaments. (I did a lot of Bible studies at church.) I have the Good News Bible which is an easier to read interpretation, The King James Version, and the New International Version which is the only one I have with red letter words. I was given The Evolution of the Word by Marcus Borg which is the New Testament in the order the books were written. But, the one I use the most is The New Oxford Annotated Bible which is the New Revised Standard Version. No red letters though. If you are interested in reading different translations to see which you like, I recommend this online Bible site. It is great for searching by verse or by topic or word.

Looks like I went overboard there.

Thanks so much Carol! I really appreciate you and the time you spent on that for me! It doesn't necessarily have to be red just much clearer than light burgundy! I often do use Bible Gateway! That's a great idea. I will check it out. Thank you also for being in/possibly even leading many Bible studies.

Last edited:
Blustery is right! Expecting to see Pooh and gang coming by any moment! It really feels like fall here now. Leaves are beginning to turn, pumpkins are out everywhere, and homes are decorated for fall. So pretty! I am planning to do my fall decorating this coming weekend.

I got a lot of my housework done late last night while I was cleaning up and making lunches. One benefit to insomnia, can wake up to a clean house the next day! Had a busy day today, too. Also got my haircut! Took a chance on getting my hairdresser a pumpkin muffin when I got my coffee, wasn’t sure if she is a pumpkin person or not, but she is, and did a little dance of delight, which was nice. Then routine vet appt, Toto was quite sick in June so we had to delay his vaccines, and it took over a month to get an appt for shots. Now I find out he was supposed to have follow up bloodwork before shots, but I didn’t know. My bad. So poor little guys been in there for a while while he has both. He was so bummed out when we turned into the parking lot!

Im so glad to hear the good update on Madalyn! Maybe we have a future nurse in the making! That’s often how it starts! 😷

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone! I think we’re having BLTs tonight. I got some of the nice Applewood smoked bacon, and bakery whole grain bread, as well as some fresh tomatoes and romaine lettuce. DH can cook the bacon out on the grill so no mess on the stove. I have some fresh corn on the cob, too, to use up. Can’t wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter