• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

My comfort food is anything sweet, mainly cookies and brownies. I realize this is a problem when I have 20 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in my pantry. Amazingly enough I have not gained weight since December. I actually lost a couple of pounds. Maybe if ALL you eat is cookies that helps? lol

Some of the books I have read recently ironically are about illness.....one was called Fever by Mary Beth Keane. This was the story of Typhoid Mary and how she spread typhoid fever through her cooking yet she refused to believe it was her. Very interesting read about her life and how she was quarantined twice during her lifetime for several years. The other book was called Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks about the Plague and how it affected one remote English village. Really puts thing in perspective.

Netflix binges have been a lot of British Crime Drama like Safe, Bodyguard and The Stranger.

Enjoy your stay at home hours!! Hope I didn't ruin the vibe of this thread!

MJ

In a fit of late night hungries I ate our last four eggs last night. Alas I must venture out into the world and acquisition some eggs and veggies... my boys are out of greens. I swear it was never an issue before because I'd buy a mixed greens bag every weekend when I worked and it would last a week before going slimy, but this past weekend our salad section was bare so no bags and the rats are giving me the puppy eyes of "Where is our fresh veggies mum?".

Gonna avoid the Costco/Meijer and hit the really small local grocery where less people work. Pick up some Indian takeout while I'm out because the guys that own it are a really nice Sikh family and I know they've been hit hard since they normally do a buffet on Tuesday nights. Hoping to just in and out really fast. Minimal contact and leftovers for days. Honestly thought I was going to have to vote today anyways as there'd been a court battle and arguing in our government over that. Turns out no vote for Ohio today, I've never been happier to not have to do that.

Since my Asian cooking pantry is nicely stocked (excepting the bean sauce I forgot to buy) and I've already made pork and chicken stock, decided to add a ham hock to some of the broth, cook it down some more, and try my hand at making soup dumplings.
I've no Nappa cabbage and the remaining bok choy is dedicated to another meal, so going to use shredded green cabbage instead. LOL, I can call this batch St. Patrick's Day dumplings.

My only problem is my mother's circa 1980's food processor decided it was feeling it's age today . The plastic piece that locks the top to the base keeps falling out and currently the bowl is stuck on the spindle probably with cabbage holding it in place:lmao:. Taking a rest from figuring out how to get the bowl off for the minute.

Hi All and happy St Patrick's Day!! 🍺

We walked around this morning and still felt like lepers with people peeking out the windows. My husband joked that someone going to turn the sprinklers on to wash us away. Nothing says like a good idea like my husband saying "we should build our firepit." Yes, exactly what we should be doing when I can be inside eating cake and watching chick flick hiding from the world so why not risk our marriage by putting something together. So we did. It looks nice and we only have two screws leftover...score us!!

Dinner tonight is quiche with broccoli and ham and cheese with fruit and green beans on the side. Yes, cake for dessert. I did help put the fire pit together afterall.

I'll post a question back this evening to hopefully keep conversation going. I don't know about anyone else but this whole thing has me nervous wreck. It's like we are the dedicated band still playing on the Titanic. This is giving me an outlet.

Good thoughts and peace to all.

Good luck! And if you can, report back with a update on the craziness ::yes::

Crazy indeed!!
Got there 15 minutes before opening and the line was already around the back of the building.
30 minutes in line.....inside was well controlled. 900 in and then only as many let in as were coming out.
One way aisles, which helped a lot. Out of a l of things before I got in. The only thing I really needed was.....yes, toilet paper (we do need some).
They had everything else I needed.
Then another 1/2 hour to check out.
And I had to park a long way out.

Just like a snow day , I’m cleaning out closets . Found a box from 12 years ago in the spare bedroom. I know I’ve cleaned that closet out yearly, but I must just keep shoving that box back on the shelf. Don’t think I need. Sheet from the pediatrician on how to feed an 8 month old, since he’s taller than me now!
Kids did not like the extra shamrock lucky charms for breakfast 🍀
They re enjoying PB sandwiches since they can’t normlly take those to school.
Pulling out the crockpot tomorrow

I'll post a question back this evening to hopefully keep conversation going. I don't know about anyone else but this whole thing has me nervous wreck. It's like we are the dedicated band still playing on the Titanic. This is giving me an outlet.
Anxiety can be a problem that this is exacerbating. I like this outlet. Together we can get through this.

May I suggest a question that I see on other sites -- what are you reading and do you love it?

Anxiety can be a problem that this is exacerbating. I like this outlet. Together we can get through this.

May I suggest a question that I see on other sites -- what are you reading and do you love it?

I just posted my current read on my FB and asked others to share.

I just started Smacked by Eilene Zimmerman. Only a few pages in, but it's very engaging. I heard the author on Fresh Air (npr) a while ago and put it on hold at the library. Glad I could grab it before everything shut down!

Hi All!

I love reading everybody's thoughts. I have been a member of the DIS since 2003. We used to go 2-3 times per year but not anymore. The last multiple day trip we did was 5 years ago although we did get to go to the Christmas Party last year. Now there are so many new things I want to see I need to plan a trip.

I am home from work, I work at a fitness facility and we are closed for at least 2 weeks and my particular program is down for 3. There are plans for us full timers to go in soon but I haven't heard when. I'm supposed to retire in 66 days so this is like a preview.

Comfort food? This is weird but my go to comfort food is tuna noodle casserole! Whenever I am sick I have to make it. DH doesn't like it so I can't just have it for dinner. hahaha

Corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and home made mashed potatoes is our dinner in just a little while. I caved in today and baked a pan of brownies, and then frosted them, which I hardly ever do. But today is a 'holiday', and I have been stressed, so why not? Hubby is also planning on retiring in 2 months, so he is working from home tomorrow, so it will be like a preview. I am not sure how both of us being home 24/7 is going to work out, lol!

I only had to work half day today and hubby worked from home so we're lounging with a fire going. I'm so ready for warmth. I'm tired of being cold(well, California cold.:laughing:)

We found a corned beef brisket and one bag of red potatoes at the store on Sunday night, then yesterday the only thing left on the bread aisle was a loaf of rye bread, so we snagged that. Viola...St Patrick's Day dinner. 😅:laughing:

I think I'll make a spice cake my parents have been asking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter