Quarantine for illness

Heard Noro..flu ..cold ..and covid gets quarantined
i have chronic bronchitis with often fare up and always carry pharmacist / dr note stating it
That being said I wouldn’t oppose doing a test if they would ask me
but seing I quite often live with coughs it doesn’t hurt to carry that note and my meds ( pumps )

i know it’s a bit off topic, but since it was discussed what you would get for free I thought I would report my experience in May: I had a mosquito sting that got infected and didn’t get better at all. I wanted to go to the health center but their hours were very limited. I call the number that was posted in the app, which got me to the emergency officer of the bridge!! Not what I had wanted! But he put me in touch with the on duty nurse. The nurse suggested treating it with Benadryl, antibiotic cream and hydrocortisone cream and that I could all get this from guest services. At guest services they had this huge tray with sample sizes of all kind of things and gave me a little sachet of Benadryl, small things of antibiotic cream and a tube of the hydrocortisone cream. I think the the antibiotic cream samples were free, got the other two items I was charged 5$. The treatment did help, so I did not see the doctor.

i know it’s a bit off topic, but since it was discussed what you would get for free I thought I would report my experience in May: I had a mosquito sting that got infected and didn’t get better at all. I wanted to go to the health center but their hours were very limited. I call the number that was posted in the app, which got me to the emergency officer of the bridge!! Not what I had wanted! But he put me in touch with the on duty nurse. The nurse suggested treating it with Benadryl, antibiotic cream and hydrocortisone cream and that I could all get this from guest services. At guest services they had this huge tray with sample sizes of all kind of things and gave me a little sachet of Benadryl, small things of antibiotic cream and a tube of the hydrocortisone cream. I think the the antibiotic cream samples were free, got the other two items I was charged 5$. The treatment did help, so I did not see the doctor.
This is some most helpful information. Thank you.

This is some most helpful information. Thank you.
I hoped others would find this informative. The lesson I learned is that there is a low level medical support that you can access without getting charged through the nose. We went back and forth about whether it was worth paying a lot for a stupid mosquito bite, but I knew my insurance would refund me the cost.

When I got noro, or food poisoning, or whatever it was on the Wonder last year, I voluntarily went to the health center (I couldn’t even stand up, they had to come get me with a wheelchair). They gave me plenty of meds and made me quarantine until my symptoms had been gone for 24 hours.

YMMV, but the doctor told me they don’t charge for these kinds of issues because they don’t want people hesitating to report GI stuff. I was hoping to get some reimbursement from our travel insurance since I missed over 48 hours of a 5 day cruise, but the policy said you had to be quarantined for 72 hours or more. D’oh!

A good reason to be sure you read what your insurance actually covers before purchasing.
Yes, and I always read the policy before purchasing. I still would have purchased this policy since it had the best coverage for what I was looking for at the best price.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if this was a fairly standard stipulation. I will be checking when I need to purchase travel insurance again, just out of curiosity.

Yes, and I always read the policy before purchasing. I still would have purchased this policy since it had the best coverage for what I was looking for at the best price.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if this was a fairly standard stipulation. I will be checking when I need to purchase travel insurance again, just out of curiosity.
We don't get travel insurance, per se. We do have an annual travel medical plan for evacuation/medical coverage, however.

I had a rash on one cruise (not really sure from what, although I do have very sensitive skin) and managed to get hydrocortisone cream from GS but I wasn’t charged for it. $5 isn’t bad though!

I'll also chime in with my experience. On my European cruise earlier this month I got stung by a wasp on the pool deck while in port. Since I had never been stung before and since my leg began to form a welt, I went down to guest services. They put me in touch with the nurse on call who suggested ice, Benadryl, and hydrocortisone; and offered to check on it later if it was still bothering me. I communicated this to the lady helping me at guest services, who took out the huge tray of medical supplies and got me a few instant ice packs. Since my injury occurred onboard they gave me the hydrocortisone for free, but said they would usually charge for it.
The health center did call the following day and had I needed it, they said I could've gone down to the health center at anytime and they would look at it even if it was outside posted hours.

Really helpful information. Like an office triage and includes decently priced meds. Perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter