Queen Elizabeth funeral and looking forward

I’m curious if William and his kids are allowed to travel / fly together now?? I know many companies won’t allow board members to fly on the same flights.

This is so true about the Olympics. I find the same after tennis grand slams!

Thanks all! :-) I don't think I will watch it. I knew, of course, that there'd be plenty of fiction mixed in with fact; I just wasn't sure if it had a lighter side.

Also, I don't think it's disrespectful or irrelevant to talk about the topic of succession; especially with the question of Counsellors of State being immediate. The thread wasn't created purely for remembrance and people haven't been sensationalising ideas of tragedy that might lead to the different possibilities, but focusing on the various directions in which the Monarchy could go. IOW, the focus has been on the succession rather than any cause. Public mourning has ended and talking about aspects currently at the front of our minds is natural and it's relevant to the lives of many of us (the UK and beyond).
That definitely wasn't my intention when I raised the subject.

As I said,I know basically nothing about Royals and was just very curious-it was just a VERY hypothetical question.

That the Netherlands had a ten year old Queen as posted earlier is fascinating!

Can you even imagine what must go through a ten year old's head being named QUEEN of a Country?!

I am looking forward to my next trip to Epcot where I will be impressing all the UK Cast Members with my Royals knowledge!lol :)

I’m curious if William and his kids are allowed to travel / fly together now?? I know many companies won’t allow board members to fly on the same flights.
I think someone shared an article previously about this because of the helicopter incident. It stated that George was allowed to fly with William since he was under 12. It might not change until then.

From something that I read, the issue is really only William and George. And there is some special dispensation until George turns 12. Though maybe that was from before the Queen died (i.e. when they were 3rd and 4th rather than 2nd and 3rd).

Charles and William can definitely not fly together.

That definitely wasn't my intention when I raised the subject.
I am looking forward to my next trip to Epcot where I will be impressing all the UK Cast Members with my Royals knowledge!lol :)
I know :-) and I think most of us know that, too, and have joined in on the same basis . I was just clarifying it after a couple of (mild) challenges.

You'll probably know things they don't know in the UK Pavilion! Just remember, also, to talk about the weather; walk on the left; queue (very patiently) rather than wait in line and say, "Cheers, thanks, bye!" when you leave! :D

Last edited:
From something that I read, the issue is really only William and George. And there is some special dispensation until George turns 12. Though maybe that was from before the Queen died (i.e. when they were 3rd and 4th rather than 2nd and 3rd).

Charles and William can definitely not fly together.

I wonder if that might have played into Harry being on a separate flight from the other family members the day the Queen died.

Long before Harry even met Meghan, I saw him give an interview where I understood him to say that the whole idea of a monarchy, based on who happen to be your parents, is just nonsense. Those are not his words, but that was the idea he conveyed to me listening and I remember at the time thinking, wow, how subversive.
Dang I wish I could find that clip. Who knows if that's what he thinks or if he's just jelly that he's not the eldest. But anyhow, he was ripe for someone like Meghan to egg him on. Kind of a shame they met.

Meh, I remember when William was a teengaer and it was bandied about that he never wanted to be king and I seem to recall Charles being quoted at the time as saying he thought he was going to be the last king as William would dissolve the monarchy.

Obviously, William was much younger than Harry was when he made those comments but William's feelings on the matter appear to have changed.

I wonder if that might have played into Harry being on a separate flight from the other family members the day the Queen died.
No, Harry’s not high enough up in the line of succession for that to matter.

There were couple of reasons for that. Timing of the Queen’s death for Harry (and Meghan) was serendipitous when they happened to be visiting the UK on business and staying in their Frogmore house at Windsor. As I mentioned earlier, they had been invited by the Queen to visit her at Balmoral estate several days before, but had declined the offer. (Maybe Meghan is a non-liker of Balmoral, lol.)

They were basically doing their own thing and then were going to be on their way home to the US once their business was taken care of.

Then the Queen died, apparently unexpectedly, while members of the RF were rushing to be at her side at Balmoral (which is in the Highlands of Scotland, quite a ways up North).

Harry and Meghan’s people sent out a Tweet saying they were going to Balmoral once word got out that The Queen was “Under medical supervision”.

Supposedly Charles called Harry to say “Do not bring Meghan”, so their plans had to be changed.

(Catherine stayed back at Windsor with their kids, too.)

Meanwhile, William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie boarded an official jet to take them up to Scotland.

Harry had to make his own way, by himself, on a private jet at his personal expense.

Reports from that night were that he didn’t talk to, or eat with, his family, even though he was in the same home. And he also left early in the morning without seeing them.

The rest is history.

If (as Meghan claimed in the Oprah interview) her and Harry had been talking about leaving the UK to set up a new life on their own for three years, they were talking about it from pretty soon after they were engaged. So did Harry just say "I'm fed up of the food and the weather in the UK Megs, lets live in California", and she said "yep, great idea Harry" - that was it? No discussion over the reasons why? No Harry saying he felt suffocated by the monarchy, by being the spare to the heir or whatever other reasons has been rumoured time and again?
Nope, I don't buy it! She knew what she was getting into, Harry explained what would be expected of them and subsequently why he (they) wanted to give up the royal life.

The Prince and Princess of Wales are coming to the USA in December!

I am getting Royals Fever!lol
Yes they are coming to Boston! DD and I are planning to go!

I sort of forgot about it, but I once saw Prince Charles in the 80s when he visited a Boston cancer hospital one day. It was on the news. I was working nearby and ran over on my break. There were a few people there but nothing like the crowds we saw recently! He got out of his limo and waved to the people there. Seemed nice enough. That was shortly after he and Diana were wed, William was probably just a toddler then.

Meh, I remember when William was a teengaer and it was bandied about that he never wanted to be king and I seem to recall Charles being quoted at the time as saying he thought he was going to be the last king as William would dissolve the monarchy.

Obviously, William was much younger than Harry was when he made those comments but William's feelings on the matter appear to have changed.

Harry was older when he gave this interview. I seem to remember it being when he was out giving interviews to promote Invictus Games. But no matter...whatever his thoughts were before, I'm guessing he's doing some real soul-searching now, after seeing the enormous impact his grandmother had all over the world and how loved she was. I really don't think he and Meghan could have seen that coming.

No, Harry’s not high enough up in the line of succession for that to matter.

There were couple of reasons for that. Timing of the Queen’s death for Harry (and Meghan) was serendipitous when they happened to be visiting the UK on business and staying in their Frogmore house at Windsor. As I mentioned earlier, they had been invited by the Queen to visit her at Balmoral estate several days before, but had declined the offer. (Maybe Meghan is a non-liker of Balmoral, lol.)

They were basically doing their own thing and then were going to be on their way home to the US once their business was taken care of.

Then the Queen died, apparently unexpectedly, while members of the RF were rushing to be at her side at Balmoral (which is in the Highlands of Scotland, quite a ways up North).

Harry and Meghan’s people sent out a Tweet saying they were going to Balmoral once word got out that The Queen was “Under medical supervision”.

Supposedly Charles called Harry to say “Do not bring Meghan”, so their plans had to be changed.

(Catherine stayed back at Windsor with their kids, too.)

Meanwhile, William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie boarded an official jet to take them up to Scotland.

Harry had to make his own way, by himself, on a private jet at his personal expense.

Reports from that night were that he didn’t talk to, or eat with, his family, even though he was in the same home. And he also left early in the morning without seeing them.

The rest is history.

I'd read that Harry and Meghan had been invited to visit the Queen at Balmoral this summer, just like all the other grandkids, but they declined and did their other appearances around Europe. That's really sad, given how things unfolded.

I'd read that Harry and Meghan had been invited to visit the Queen at Balmoral this summer, just like all the other grandkids, but they declined and did their other appearances around Europe. That's really sad, given how things unfolded.
Especially if Harry really was as close to his grandmother as has been reported.

There were two invitations this summer. One was for a grandchildren and great-grandchildren sleepover at the Queen’s place (I believe it was Sandringham) and the other was the invitation that I mentioned before to just H&M within the week before she passed, and both were declined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter