Question: 2 Bedroom GFVs Lock Off vs. Standard

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

Why would the two bedroom lock offs at GFVs be less available than a standard 2 bedroom? I would prefer to have a regular two bedroom, which I booked but wondering what Im missing without the lock off bedroom.

Thank you.

Hi.

Why would the two bedroom lock offs at GFVs be less available than a standard 2 bedroom? I would prefer to have a regular two bedroom, which I booked but wondering what Im missing without the lock off bedroom.

Thank you.
Because the studio or 1 bedroom portion of the lockoff were booked as a studio or 1 bedroom. Thus the rooms couldn't be put together anymore to create a 2 bedroom.

Because the studio or 1 bedroom portion of the lockoff were booked as a studio or 1 bedroom. Thus the rooms couldn't be put together anymore to create a 2 bedroom.

Aaahhh, thank you. Happy I have a “regular” two bedroom.

Thank you.

Hi.

Thank you.

And it's not jut VGF - that happens everywhere because of the popularity of studios.

As noted 2BR lock-offs typically fill primarily because of members making studio reservations, particularly at VGF where all studios are part of lock-offs and there are not enough studios to meet demand many times of the year. However, there is actually a significant difference between the VGF 2BR lock-off and dedicated 2BR that does not exist anywhere else. The lock-off actually has 10 sleeping spaces and allows 10 because there are Murphy beds in both the studio and living room of the 1BR.

Last edited:
As noted 2BR lock-offs typically fill primarily because of members making studio reservations, particularly at VGF where all studios are part of lock-offs and there are not enough studios to meet demand many times of the year. However, there is actually a significant difference between the VGF 2BR lock-off and dedicated 2BR that does not exist anywhere else. The lock-off actually has 10 sleeping spaces and allows 10 because there are Murphy beds in both the studio and living room of the 1BR.

Ahhh thank you. That is good to know but no way would I even do 8 in a two bedroom.

This trip will just be my mom and I going so Im happy we have a dedicated 2 bedroom and not a lock off.

Thank you for this information. Learned something new.

At VGF it is even more complicated because some guests want a lock off 2BR because it sleeps 10 whereas a regular 2BR sleeps 9.

This trip will just be my mom and I going so Im happy we have a dedicated 2 bedroom and not a lock off.

Wow. Two people in a two bedroom? The place is going to be echoing. :)

Not sure what would be worse (or better) about a lockoff in your situation. Seems it would be about the same.

But it’s always nice to be happy about your reservation.

Wow. Two people in a two bedroom? The place is going to be echoing. :)

Not sure what would be worse (or better) about a lockoff in your situation. Seems it would be about the same.

But it’s always nice to be happy about your reservation.

Thank you. Yes Im always happy going to Disney lol

We had a dedicated 2BR a few years ago for the 4 of us. It was wonderful! Enjoy!

Yes, I have a family of four with a boy and a girl and I would always get a two bedroom. On cruises, we get separate cabins too. Four in one room, a studio, especially as they get older is not good for us and even a one bedroom as they get older wont work for us.

Nine nights in September, even though “just” my mom and I, will work fine since we have a longer trip, the space will be nice as well as wanting laundry and a full fridge.

Wow, I’m a point hog, I can do three trips in a 5 person studio compared to 1 trip in a 2 bedroom....

Wow, I’m a point hog, I can do three trips in a 5 person studio compared to 1 trip in a 2 bedroom....

I wish. Im not there yet to do three trips, two trips yes but I still work and also go on other vacations other than Disney. Five in a studio, IMO, isnt fun for anyone, especially that my kids are older different sexes.

We have 4 in a dedicated 2bdrm OKW in 2 weeks. But its 4 adult males that dont share. Drawing straws on who gets the pull out

If it’s just me and Hubs - I get a 1br - more than that - either a 2br or multiple 1brs - I just can’t see asking adults to sleep on a pull out sofa or chair...I may feel different with the Murphy beds

If it’s just me and Hubs - I get a 1br - more than that - either a 2br or multiple 1brs - I just can’t see asking adults to sleep on a pull out sofa or chair...I may feel different with the Murphy beds

I agree and I don't want adults, or kids for that matter, sleeping in the living room but that's just me.
Happy we have different accommodations for DVC for everyone :)

As much as I like them I am not inviting Dizzy Dolphins in. We ordered and will be cold for us when we land.

LOL

If they are your points or you did all the work, I would just say you take master if I was traveling with you but good luck hope you bet the room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter