Question about dining assigned seating time (WISH)

chimoe

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

So we booked our 1st cruise, and it' going to be on the Wish. I'm learning a bit here. One thing I wasn't aware when I booked was the dining time. While I booked about a month ago, I checked yesterday and noticed that our assigned seating is 2nd (8.15PM). We have 2 little ones, around 5 yrs, so 8.15pm would be very late. The First seating shows sold out so I can't select.

How easy is it to switch? What are my option? Our cruise is in November.

Last edited:
Hi all,

So we booked our 1st cruise, and it' going to be on the Wish. I'm learning a bit here. One thing I wasn't aware when I booked was the dining time. While I booked about a month ago, I checked yesterday and noticed that our assigned seating is 2nd (8.15PM). We have 2 little ones, around 5 yrs, so 8.15pm would be very late. The First seating shows sold out so I can't select.

How easy is it to switch? What are my option? Our cruise is in November.
You can call or email to be put on a waitlist for the first seating.

Call and request to be put on the wait list for first seating. I'm about 50/50 for getting switched when asking to be put on the waitlist. If you don't get moved before your cruise, go to the location listed in the Navigator for dining changes when you board and you can frequently get it changed then.

If you can't change, you might consider having the kids nap after a late afternoon snack.. A lot of folks "forced" to go to late seating find out they actually prefer it to early.

You can actually modify without having to contact DCL more than likely.

Log on to the website, go to your reservation and scroll down till you see dining and edit from there.Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 6.21.39 AM.png

DCL only makes part of the first seating slots available for booking online. They prefer to give them to families that requires them enough to request them, instead of allowing families that do not really mind to grab them all once the cruise is bookable. If you request the change, your odds of being moved before the cruise are very good, unless you are on cruise with an abnormal number of families with young kids.

If you get on the waitlist, do not expect to be moved until a few weeks before your cruise. The changes are handled by the dining team and they usually do not go through the waitlist until then. Therefore, there is no point in calling multiple times. The CM’s on the phone only have the ability to move your dining time if there is an open spot in the system, which is something you can see yourself using the ‘change seating’ option on the website.

Last edited:
Main dining (as in the early dining) is always the most popular. They have a waitlist and it is very rare you will be able to modify yourself into main dining. Usually you can move yourself from Main to Late easy enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter