Question about the Star Wars construction

PunkPrincess

Keyblade Wielder
Are the rivers of America blocked off? Is the entire view obscured like If I was standing at the Pirates of The Caribbean? That would be depressing. In addition could one see the construction from splash mountains drop?

They actually did an amazing job for the amount of work there is.

ROA looks the same as always. They dammed it a ways back and put in some trees so from NOS it is business as usual just with no access to the island, Fantastic or the boats running.

The walkway behind Big Thunder and Fantasy Land is walled off nice enough that you would not know there was even a walkway there at one time. You can get glimpses of the work on Big Thunder but have not been on Splash in a while.

Long story short, don't let it deter you. There are MANY more walls up in late Jan/Feb than there are now!

Fantasmic is one of my ALL TIME favorites and long for its return, but I am thoroughly enjoying NOS at night time without the craziness of F! happening, It is actually a very nice change of pace.

They actually did an amazing job for the amount of work there is.

ROA looks the same as always. They dammed it a ways back and put in some trees so from NOS it is business as usual just with no access to the island, Fantastic or the boats running.

The walkway behind Big Thunder and Fantasy Land is walled off nice enough that you would not know there was even a walkway there at one time. You can get glimpses of the work on Big Thunder but have not been on Splash in a while.

Long story short, don't let it deter you. There are MANY more walls up in late Jan/Feb than there are now!

Fantasmic is one of my ALL TIME favorites and long for its return, but I am thoroughly enjoying NOS at night time without the craziness of F! happening, It is actually a very nice change of pace.
AWESOME!! I'm so happy to hear this! Well I already got my plane tickets so its California or Bust. I'm just used to six flags where they leave pieces of attractions lying around for years.

Hmm I gues that means none of those "keep it moving" pedestrian rush hours around that area. Thats good because I always seem to get pushed out of NOS through adventureland because of that. I'm not that big! And I'm claustrophobic.

Lol, I was there last week and didn't even think about or notice the construction. So, I guess it is hidden well like ParkHopper1 said.

Our best views of the construction came when riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

And one of my favorite construction-affected things to do at Disneyland last week was visiting the trains parked at Main Street Station and New Orleans Square Station. It was a real treat to see the trains (and Lily Belle) up close, visit the engines (E.P. Ripley and Fred Gurley), and talk to the engineers and conductors. They were very generous with their time as not many guests were visiting -- I saw people abruptly turn around and leave when they were told the trains weren't running for a year.

Here is what it looks like from New Orleans Sq. Mintcrocodile and Disneygeek both have great photos of the resort usually posted weekly.
i-TRSBbQT-Oa.png

They have a screen across the top of the cofferdam with tall trees in planter boxes behind the screen to hide the Mickey and Friends parking structure.

You can actually see over the construction wall when walking past HM towards Splash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter