Questions re: my vacation at SSR

chuckcorden

DVC member, Pirates of the Caribbean fan, UConn fa
1. I know that check-in time is 4 PM but since I’m landing at 10:30 AM I’m going to arrive early (via the DME), register, pick up my AP and DDP and then go to EPCOT. I know my luggage won’t probably arrive before 4 PM. Anybody see any problems with this scenario?:confused3

2. Is there a bell captain with whom I could check my luggage in the morning for my departure flight in the evening?

3. Since I am an early riser and all I need to get going in the morning is a cup of strong coffee (I add a tsp. of espresso instant to my regularly brewed coffee---I got used to Dunkin’ Donuts’ Turbo and Starbucks’ Black Eye which has two shots of espresso). However, I would get a small breakfast at the Artist’s Palette if it opens at 7 AM or earlier. Then I plan on catching the 8 AM bus for whatever park I’m headed to. Can I expect to get “on time” bus service in the morning?

4. Speaking of coffee, I know that at the Yacht Club the maids would leave a coffee starter pak. Since the maids at SSR will make one visit during my stay, should I bring my own coffee packets? I know that they will be on sale at the Artist’s Palette but it would probably be cheaper if I brought my own (along with my espresso instant.:cool1: )

5. When I made my rezzie at SSR, I indicated that I use a cane and have trouble walking and would prefer to be housed close to the restaurants and bus stop. I guess that means I could be housed at the Springs. Does anyone have experience with special requests at SSR? Should I call MS again to confirm that SSR knows of this request?

6. That’s all for now but I’m sure that I will think of other questions.

1. This should work fine. We have done the same thing (actually checked in around 10am and hung out by the pool until our room was ready). We used DDP for lunch at the AP - worked like a charm!

2. You can actually check your luggage and check into your flight (most airlines - check with MS for the list) that morning. They will actually give you your boarding passes right there! All you need to do at MCO is head right for the security lines.

3. I believe AP opens at 7:30. That scenario works fine, though. We had an 8:00am ME bus and we had time for a quick bite. The bus pulled right up at 8am exactly!

4. Bring your own coffee. It will taste better and will be less expensive.

5. It never hurts to verify requests. MS will kindly remind you that "requests are noted, but not guaranteed." Your early check-in will likely help you get the area you want....

Hope this helps! Happy planning!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter