Quick and Easy Appetizers & Snacks

Shagley

If you don't move when I say "beep beep", I will r
Since we had so many great ideas on the Q&E Christmas recipe thread, I was hoping for some great ideas about some Appetizers that I could make for New Year's Eve (of course with leftovers to munch on for New Years Day). I am mainly looking for appetizers that can be prepared in around 30 minutes or less (not counting cook time).

If you like Ruben sandwiches, this is a great recipe...

Crock-pot Ruben Dip
8 oz. deli corned beef, coarsely chopped (I use 4 packages of corned beef lunchmeat - like Buddig or a generic store brand)
1 cup sauerkraut, well drained
1 (8-oz. pkg) cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup thousand island salad dressing

Put all ingredients in crock pot. Cover crock pot and heat on high until all ingredients are melted. Stir to mix all ingredients together.

Serve with party rye or pumpernickel bread slices, crackers, or french bread cubes.

Another great idea! A family favorite anytime for us:

Pepperoni rolls:

Package refridgerated crescent rolls
Pepperoni pillow pack
Shredded mozz. cheese

Open rolls, separate. Place a few slices pepperoni, sprinkle with cheese. Roll them up so that they are sealed. Place on ungreased cookie sheet (I like the pampered chef stone) and bake as directed on the package.

Serve with pizza dipping sauce. Easy and yummy!

My favorite dip is so easy. On jar salsa ( or make your own :confused3 )One can whole kernal corn drained, and a can of black beans drained, mix together and enjoy.

Pigs in a blanket. We like to use Hillshire Farms lil smokies. Then we take crescent rolls (cut to size of course) and wrap them. Place them on a cookie sheet. I usually spray it with non stick spray first. Toss them in the oven for a about 10 minutes or so and voila... The kids love them! We make them every year. The best part is that the kids love to help make them too. :teeth:

7-layer Mexican Dip

1 can refried beans
1/2 pkg taco seasoning mix
Sour Cream
Guacamole
1 pkg shredded cheddar or mexican mix cheese
green onions, sliced
tomato, chopped
sliced olives

Mix together beans & seasoning mix. Layer on the bottom of 9x9 pan. Layer on guacamole, then sour cream. Sprinkle cheese over that. Add layer of chopped tomatoes, a layer of green onions and top with olives. Serve with tortilla chips.

This is my DHs favorite dip of all time.

My mom just made this simple appetizer for Thanksgiving. It was SO delicious and SO easy!!

1 pkg. of hotdogs (cut each dog into thirds)
1 pkg. of bacon (wrap each hotdog piece with half slice of bacon and secure with toothpick)

Place pieces in a 9x13 baking pan and cover with 3/4 c. brown sugar. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, shaking pan occasionally to keep them from sticking.

These were devoured instantly! I'm thinking if you didn't want to use hotdogs, they'd probably be just as good with scallops or shrimp....

This is a great thread. I am interested to see whay everyone will suggest.

I like to take a can or beanless chili and combine it will melted Velveeta cheese. Get some tortilla chips and enjoy. :goodvibes

Pineapple Delight

1 jar of Robert Rothschild Farm's Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Dip (I find this at my local Giant Eagle)
1 brick of creamcheese
2 sleeves of your favorite crackers (I think the the Toasteds Buttercrisp or Onion crackers work best)

Place your cream chees on a plate. Pour the dip over it and serve with crackers.

It is so easy and sooooooo good!!!

This is a quick and easy appetizer that goes over well at any time of year.

Seafood Ball
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 can of your preferred seafood (shrimp and crab seem to work best)
cocktail sauce

Mix the cream cheese and seafood together well. Mold into a ball and refrigerate. When ready to serve, cover with the cocktail sauce. Serve with assorted crackers.

We almost never have anything left over.

Another quick and easy snack that is on the sweet side:

Pumpkin Mousse
1 small can of pumpkin (15oz I believe it is)
1 tub of cool whip, thawed
1 box vanilla pudding mix
Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste

Mix all ingredients together. It is easy to mix them all right in the cool whip container and pop the top on to refrigerate until ready to use. You can serve this as a dip with gingersnap or sugar cookies, or layer in a trifle with pound cake.

Add ham and cheese to crescents too---kids love them and its an easy and delicious small hot ham and cheese.

Another thing is unfold the cresent and place unrolled to cover a pizza/cookie tray--spread a thin layer of pizza sauce--add pepperoni, ham, and different meats--spinkle parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese over the top--then add another layer of cresent. Then bake---you can also take some egg and mix w/ oregano or basil and brush over the top lightly. When done--cut into squares or triangles add a toothpick and eat up!!!

bonkos6 said:
This is a great thread. I am interested to see whay everyone will suggest.

I like to take a can or beanless chili and combine it will melted Velveeta cheese. Get some tortilla chips and enjoy. :goodvibes
We do this, except instead of Velveeta, we use softened cream cheese. It reminds me of the chili con queso from Chili's.

Barbeque Weinies!! Buy the Lil Smokies and your favorite barbeque sauce. Cook them on med-low in a pan for about 10 minutes--enough to warm the smokies well. Another great thread!!

:sunny:

I love making apps

This one takes less than 10 minutes to whip together, but very impressive and perfect for New Years Party. It is from Bon Appetit, I think.

1 round brie (President's makes them in different sizes)
(these measuremens are for a medium size brie, adjust ratios accordingly based on what size you choose to serve)
2T Brown Sugar
2T Seedless Rasberry Jam
1T Honey

Mix sugar, jam & honey together until smooth. Cut brie in 1/2. On bottom 1/2, dump sugar mixture and replace top 1/2 of brie.

On the top, sprinkle brown sugar, then top with slivered almonds and then drizzle honey on top of all. The only ingredient here I use alot of is the almonds (my personal taste). Use the sugar and honey sparingly, you don't want it coming out too sweet.

Bake a 375 for about 20-25 mins, till cheese is soft, then swith to broil to brown nuts. This will happen very quickly. I can't tell you how many of these I have burned not watching closely enough...if that happens, I just scrape off the top, re-top it and broil again.

Serve with "Carr's Whole Wheat Crackers".

This one is even easier and very addicting

One package Cream Cheese
One Jar Red Pepper Jelly

Cut cream cheeese into good size squares and put in serving bowl. Dump jelly on top. And there you have it.

Goes good served with Triscuits

My DD's friends love this dip and it's so easy:

1 8oz. brick of cream cheese (softened)
½ of an 11 oz. jar of Chunky Salsa (your choice of strength)
1 bag tortilla chips

Beat cream cheese with mixer until fluffy. Slowly add salsa until fully mixed. Refrigerate 1 hour prior to serving with chips.

We don't have a name for these, but they always disappear!

cresent rolls
cream cheese
crisp cooked bacon
finely chopped green onion just a bit for taste and color

unroll the cresent roll dough into 4 rectangles. Press the diagonal seam together. Spread each rectangle with cream cheese (I use soft cream cheese at room temp a bit so its easier to spread) Crumble bacon and sprinkle evenly over each, then sprinkle with green oinion. Roll each rectangle tightly from the short side into a little log. I'll then kind of press it together stretching it a smidge longer just to be sure its tight. Repeat with all the triangles. Slice into small discs and place on cookie sheet and bake...amybe 10 minutes depending on how think your slices are.

often I'll put them in the freezer for a few just before slicing them to get a better slice, otherwise I've been apt to squish them. Also you don't want the layer of bacon/onion to be too thick or it won't roll to well.

We also do the same thing with spinach, sliced turkey breast and honey dijon mustard. But I make those bigger.

I love cresent rolls they are so versatile!!!

lunch meat ham
cream cheese
scallions (green onions)

Spread cream cheese on one slice of ham. Place scallion in the center of it longways. roll up the ham. Cut into slices.
FANTASTIC

This always goes fast when we make it

8 oz cream cheese
1 can No bean Chili
shredded cheddar cheese

Spread softened cream cheese onto bottom of pie plate, top with the chili and then the cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 until cheddar cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.

Another one that is good is Ham or Turkey Pinwheels

Flour tortillas
Vegetable flavored cream cheese
fresh spinach
deli meat, we use ham and turkey breast

Spread tortillas with cream cheese, then layer the spinach and deli meat on top. Roll tortillas up, secure with a toothpick or two, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Slice into bite size roll ups. Yummy and if you use lowfat cream cheese it isn't to bad for you.

A bag of frozen meatballs
A small jar of grape jelly
A small jar of chili sauce (not regular chili in a can, it is found near the ketchup in most stores)

Empty all ingredients in a crock pot and stir occasionally until meatballs are heated thoroughly.

threeboysmom said:
My mom just made this simple appetizer for Thanksgiving. It was SO delicious and SO easy!!

1 pkg. of hotdogs (cut each dog into thirds)
1 pkg. of bacon (wrap each hotdog piece with half slice of bacon and secure with toothpick)

Place pieces in a 9x13 baking pan and cover with 3/4 c. brown sugar. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, shaking pan occasionally to keep them from sticking.

These were devoured instantly! I'm thinking if you didn't want to use hotdogs, they'd probably be just as good with scallops or shrimp....

You can do these in a crock pot as well. Just prepare hot dogs and bacon. Dump them all in a crock pot, pour a small package of brown sugar over it and let it go. I usually turn the crock pot on in the morning and let it go till party time. This is an old app. recipe I remember my mom making when we were kids and we still love it!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter