Quick question about DDP...

wildernesslodgelover

<font color=darkorchid>LOTW charter member!<br><fo
I never actually considered the DDP before, but now it is available for DVC members and folks renting points (that's us) so I think we may "go for it!"

We are going to WDW at the end of Oct. We are planning to buy are FL Res seasonal passes then. So, in order to get the DDP, do we need to buy a one day ticket...then upgrade it to a SP the very next day? If we buy only one day ticket (with the intent to upgrade) can we get the DDP for every day of our stay (8 nights?) TIA! :thumbsup2

Oh, and to add another question...do I get the DVC owner who I am renting from to call and order the DDP for me? Will he just order from DVC? Do I have to send him a check or what? I would love to be able to do it myself. Or do we pay when we arrive at the resort? Thanks again...sorry so many questions, guess I should have been paying attention all these years.

We stayed at the BWV from April 2-7, renting points and using the dining plan. You can add the plan to your reservation yourself by calling member services, you pay for it when you check in. You don't need to buy park tickets to get the plan if you're a dvc member or are renting points, we had already bought our tickets in 2005.

Its a great deal, we paid $625 for the ddp and our receipts total over $900! I'm currently writing a trip report and a dining report on these boards. :cool1:

Have a great time! :Pinkbounc

DVC members/renters don't need to purchase a park ticket in order to buy the DDP. Many of us have AP, so this is a wonderful feature.

You can add it to your package yourself, or the owner can add it for you. You just need the reservation number when you call member services. You pay for it at check in. You can put it on any credit card or pay cash. Member services can also make your ADRs for you--again, you need the ressie number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter