quietest place near magic kingdom

REEREEG

Mouseketeer
On a magic kingdom day (and animal kingdom probably too), what would be the best way to get a quiet(est) break in the afternoon?

I had a brain injury a few years ago & have a hard time with lots of noise & stimulation. When we go to Epcot & Hollywood studios I am planning to go back to the hotel to rest or nap because we will be staying at the Swan. I think that it would be too much of a hassle to go back in the middle of the day from the magic kingdom.

I had thought about going to the spa at the grand Floridian or going to a quiet area of one of the hotels near the magic kingdom.

I found lists saying that certain attractions are more low key (hall of presidents) and upstairs at Columbia Harbor house or the plaza restaurant are good for breaks.

We can try those and go back to the hotel if it's not enough but I am wondering if there is any other ideas that might be quieter and quieter.

Thanks!

On a magic kingdom day (and animal kingdom probably too), what would be the best way to get a quiet(est) break in the afternoon?

I had a brain injury a few years ago & have a hard time with lots of noise & stimulation. When we go to Epcot & Hollywood studios I am planning to go back to the hotel to rest or nap because we will be staying at the Swan. I think that it would be too much of a hassle to go back in the middle of the day from the magic kingdom.

I had thought about going to the spa at the grand Floridian or going to a quiet area of one of the hotels near the magic kingdom.

I found lists saying that certain attractions are more low key (hall of presidents) and upstairs at Columbia Harbor house or the plaza restaurant are good for breaks.

We can try those and go back to the hotel if it's not enough but I am wondering if there is any other ideas that might be quieter and quieter.

Thanks!
You can walk or Monorail over to the Contemporary. Take the escalators and there are quiet places to sit on the upper levels of the Lobby and on the concourse to the Convention Center.

The GF Spa doesn't have a lobby and you can only access the other areas if you have an appointment. Even the quiet room isn't very quiet because the route to the locker room goes directly through the room.

Thanks!
The second floor of the Contemporary has big comfy chairs and is very quiet most of the time.

same thing at wilderness just a boat ride away. The 6th floor has a number of out of the way quiet areas with big chairs and sofas

We found AKL to be very serene. The lobby was very comfortable, and we found our way to a bar upstairs that was very quiet and comfortable.

I agree with heading over to CR on your MK days. As others have said, lots of comfy chairs on the second floor and typically no one there.

AKL on your AK day. Plenty of quiet areas in the lobby and a nice place to sit in the animal viewing area.

You might also be able to take breaks in the baby care center in MK. If I remember correctly, it's to left of Crystal Palace. It's quiet in there.

I would ask over on the disability bard also all parks have first aid with coats to lay down on

a few ride at the MK

caramel of progress

I know there are others

I was also going to suggest contemporary. There are some beautiful peaceful spots to sit and rest.

I found the lobby at the Grand Floridian to be quiet and relaxing (so much so that I almost drifted off). It was not a busy place, and there was a lot of available seating where I felt like we were out of the crowds. I do believe there is live music at times, so you might want to find out when and how loud the music is, if you consider the GF as an option.

I do believe there is live music at times, so you might want to find out when and how loud the music is, if you consider the GF as an option.

I think there are a lot of good suggestions here. My recollection of the live music in the GF lobby is that it's pretty laid back, but it wouldn't hurt to check. During the middays the resorts are fairly calm--at least compared to most places at WDW.

What about bringing high quality noise cancelling headphones and sitting on a bench to listen to some music? Just an idea if you don't want to leave the park. The bose ones are amazing.

CHH depends on the day. We went on during a busy lunch hour one summer and upstairs was crowded.

WL has some great spots. Unfortunately my favorite fireplace is blocked off (the highest one). There is one over the lobby that is still open and probably quiet during the day. You could probably grab a chair in Territory Lounge as well. Midday they will be closed, but I believe you can still get in the door. After they open it is still very quiet.

If you are there while BTMRR is still being renovated, that back corner is actually pretty quiet most of the time. there is even some games to play. Don't go too far though, the very end of the walkway is the smoking section.

I usually like taking a break on the seats near the restrooms that are next to pirates. that little are is usually just people passing by as there's not much else there. Also the food place (I can't remember it's name) directly across from pirates is only used when it's very crowded in the park. A lot of the seating has no ropes or anything to stop anyone from sitting down and taking a break. very few people do but some take advantage of it.

There is a tree that's on the path just before you get into adventureland coming from the hub.. This used to be a smoking section but now that it's not it's rather quiet. There is seating around the tree so you can sit with minimal things to see and stimulate you.

Hit or miss on this spot, but the gift shop at the end of space mountain (you don' thave to ride to go in it) is a charging station so there is seats and outlets along one of the walls. If it's a rainy day or really hot it tends to be a little hectic but when it's not it's very quiet in that back corner.

first aid and the baby station are both quiet. In mk it's located between casey's and crystal palace next to the rest rooms. I don't remember if first aid has seats in this park. First aid in epcot is like a lounge that nobody knows is there and animal kingdom about the same.

Other than that, if you do need to leave, contemporary is top of my list with quiet and comfortable seats on the first few levels. just stay below level 4 where the shops and food is. Of course if you need a few hours of break, head to your room, freshen up and relax there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter