quietest place near magic kingdom

If you are there while BTMRR is still being renovated, that back corner is actually pretty quiet most of the time. there is even some games to play. Don't go too far though, the very end of the walkway is the smoking section.

I usually like taking a break on the seats near the restrooms that are next to pirates. that little are is usually just people passing by as there's not much else there. Also the food place (I can't remember it's name) directly across from pirates is only used when it's very crowded in the park. A lot of the seating has no ropes or anything to stop anyone from sitting down and taking a break. very few people do but some take advantage of it.

There is a tree that's on the path just before you get into adventureland coming from the hub.. This used to be a smoking section but now that it's not it's rather quiet. There is seating around the tree so you can sit with minimal things to see and stimulate you.

Hit or miss on this spot, but the gift shop at the end of space mountain (you don' thave to ride to go in it) is a charging station so there is seats and outlets along one of the walls. If it's a rainy day or really hot it tends to be a little hectic but when it's not it's very quiet in that back corner.

first aid and the baby station are both quiet. In mk it's located between casey's and crystal palace next to the rest rooms. I don't remember if first aid has seats in this park. First aid in epcot is like a lounge that nobody knows is there and animal kingdom about the same.

Other than that, if you do need to leave, contemporary is top of my list with quiet and comfortable seats on the first few levels. just stay below level 4 where the shops and food is. Of course if you need a few hours of break, head to your room, freshen up and relax there.
Thank you!!

Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant is always super quiet and never open when I've walked through there in the past. I know they host the Wishes Dessert Party there at night, but I've never seen anything going on there.

first aid and the baby station are both quiet. In mk it's located between casey's and crystal palace next to the rest rooms. I don't remember if first aid has seats in this park. First aid in epcot is like a lounge that nobody knows is there and animal kingdom about the same.

YES! Epcot First Aid is like you've stepped off property into a clinic and the people are SO nice. I think if you asked they would give you a private room for a few minutes. At minimum there is a quiet lobby area.

YES! Epcot First Aid is like you've stepped off property into a clinic and the people are SO nice. I think if you asked they would give you a private room for a few minutes. At minimum there is a quiet lobby area.

First aid dose not have privet rooms but has depending on the park rooms with citation or cubical and they do try to keep it quiet for people. I have heard the nurses ask people to keep it down

Last edited:

First aid can actually be quite noisy. If you don't want to go too far, the walk over to the Contemporary used to have benches along, that you could stop and listen to the birds, and the occasional train whistle from MK. Now and again, people will walk by, but it is usually quite quiet. That being said, I know they have been removing benches from the parks, perhaps they are removing benches from the paths as well.

I second the noise-canceling headphones. I have ADHD with noise hypersensitivity, and when I reach my stress/overwhelm point and can't focus anymore, they're like a magic wand. I use Bose QC25s. They cut roaring/whirring/rumbling noises down to almost nothing, but still allow you to carry on a conversation. Playing white noise through them is like a spa day for me. :)

Tom Sawyer Island. Take the raft over and go to the right. Where Aunt Polly's used to be is a wooden deck, roofed over, with rocking chairs. You can watch the coming and going of thE steamboat and see Liberty Square and Frontierland. My DS and I relaxed there our last trip. Even though we could see all the hustle and bustle off the park, we were quite removed from it. This might be a smoking area, I didn't check, but we were the only two there for the half hour we relaxed.

I was going to say Tom Sawyer island too - in the rocking chairs on the covered porch. It is so pleasant and relaxing. That's one of my favorite spots to relax and it should be even quieter with BTMR renovation, depending on when you are going! Hall of Presidents is also quiet.

At Epcot, I ride Ellen's Energy Adventure when I need a quick nap (seriously!). It is a long, dark, air conditioned and very painfully boring ride so you can easily relax and take a break, especially if you bring ear plugs or headphones.

I suffered a TBI about a year ago so I know what you mean about the quiet. I use an ECV now at the parks because of my knees (severe arthritis) and have found that to be a good way to find a quiet place and be able to sit down at the same time as I can find an out of the way place and I have my seat with me. The nice thing about going to First Aid to take a break is that you save a lot of time because you don't have to leave the park. I think it's the best option if you need quiet and dark (so very low stimulation) and want to lie down a bit. Bringing some earbuds for music helps too. Sometimes I just need to have nothing going on around me and First Aid is the best for that (or the hotel room). There's a thread somewhere on the disabilities board about going to WDW with a TBI - perhaps look over there or see if you can do a search to find it. Enjoy your trip!

For AK I would recommend the sound booths over at Rafiki's Planet Watch. You don't have to put on the headphones, so its a nice quiet space to relax in air conditioning. It usually isn't too crowded back there, so it's the best place I have found to stay in AK and get away from the hustle and bustle.

One of my favorite spots is at AKL, which would be great for your AK day. There is a very quiet and mostly unknown patio overlooking the savanna. There are rocking chairs and I love getting an iced tea and just hanging out there watching the animals. The door is on the same level as the lobby, just to the left of the stairs down to the main overlook area. I think there may be an identical one on the right side as well, but I haven't looked.

On our trip my daughter had a major meltdown on the last day. She was hot, tired, overstimulated and just DONE. We went up to the patio to the right of Town Square Theater and just chilled. It was out of the way, shaded and quiet. Perfect spot for her to just regroup and decompress.

The Hall of Presidents would be a good idea but my friends and I always find ourselves too jazzed about America and never get in our intended rest :rotfl2: Perhaps if you aren't quite the flag waving patriots we are you'd be okay, or do what I did this trip and go twice (I didn't care about staying awake the second time).

If you exit MK and walk past the Gold boat dock on the right side, there's a sidewalk that looks like to goes to the Grand Floridian, but instead it dead-ends after a couple hundred yards right before the side canal where they keep the water pageant floats. There's a little turnaround at the end with a couple of benches. If the weather is decent, I'd think that'd be a very "away from it all" place to go to. Probably the only noise you'd hear is the occasional monorail passing nearby and boats on the lagoon.

I found lists saying that certain attractions are more low key (hall of presidents) and upstairs at Columbia Harbor house or the plaza restaurant are good for breaks.

Even though its outside, the outside seating area of the Tortuga Tavern was deserted and very quiet. We took a break there. Also, depending on the season, Tomorrowland Terrace may be closed. If so, it will be deserted.

My favorite place to recharge and get away from it all in TMK is the balcony at Pinocchio Village Haus. Oliver just did a video review from there so you can see what I mean. It's amazing. The next best thing to do is go to a water park and float down a lazy river.

I have enjoyed some quiet time in a rocking chair on a porch right where the Hall of Presidents exit is. It was so peaceful there. If you could score one of those chairs, I think you would enjoy it!

Another quiet place was inside Gaston's Tavern. There isn't much seating so that might be an option.

Of all the MK resorts' lobbies, I would rank the WL as the quietest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter