Raglan Road or Rose & Crown

Raglan Road for sure! Especially love the scallops appetizer and the bread pudding. We visit on every trip; never miss it.

We do like Rose & Crown, but the menu is very limited these days. The bar can be lots of fun.
I’m craving the bread pudding now….🤤🤤🤤

My beef with RR is the experience very much depends upon the table you get. I hate being crowded in the middle of the room with people on all sides inches away. We had a delightful lunch at RR by going just when it opened, and got seating by a window. It was wonderful.

My beef with RR is the experience very much depends upon the table you get. I hate being crowded in the middle of the room with people on all sides inches away. We had a delightful lunch at RR by going just when it opened, and got seating by a window. It was wonderful.
That’s why I’m wondering if I should do RR for lunch and do Spice Road for dinner (too early for me at 6:30pm, but that’s all they have available)

That’s why I’m wondering if I should do RR for lunch and do Spice Road for dinner (too early for me at 6:30pm, but that’s all they have available)
RR is much quieter at lunch (no entertainment and not as many guests in our experience). Same menu at both meals. We love it in the evenings for the entertainment, but have visited at lunch too. It is equally lovely for either meal.

RR is much quieter at lunch (no entertainment and not as many guests in our experience). Same menu at both meals. We love it in the evenings for the entertainment, but have visited at lunch too. It is equally lovely for either meal.

So either way it’s a win/win….I love those!😂😂

Been to both multiple times and I prefer Raglan Road. But it’s definitely loud and lively. If that’s not your scene, you won’t enjoy!

I’ll say if you’re a drink around the world person, Rose and Crown is a great place to start.

Last edited:

Been to both multiple times and I prefer Raglan Road. But it’s definitely loud and lively. If that’s not your scene, you won’t enjoy!

I’ll say if you’re a drink around the world person, Rise and Crown is a great place to start.

I actually love Irish music …I’m ok with lively, it sounds like fun! Granted, I wouldn’t do it all the time…

I don’t drink, so the only part of Rose & Crown that interests me is the dining room!

Thank you!

We did not have good service at Raglan Road. Our waitress was extremely rude - we ended up leaving before we ordered. Perhaps it was just a bad day? But, we will not be going back.

I’ve been wanting to try both places, but just haven’t had the chance

On the plus side for Rose, it’s got sticky toffee pudding, only one of the best things in life. And, I love being at Epcot at night

On plus for Raglan, it’s got kind music..and I do love DS

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Raglan has great variety for reasonable prices but I also am a lover of Sticky Toffee pudding. I would go to Rose and Crown if you are planning to be at Epcot.

Raglan has great variety for reasonable prices but I also am a lover of Sticky Toffee pudding. I would go to Rose and Crown if you are planning to be at Epcot.
The problem is that it’s not open for lunch, so I’d have to switch RR to lunch on Monday ….which I could do if, instead of grazing the booths on Saturday at Epcot, I moved my Spice Road Table lunch to Saturday

The problem is that it’s not open for lunch, so I’d have to switch RR to lunch on Monday ….which I could do if, instead of grazing the booths on Saturday at Epcot, I moved my Spice Road Table lunch to Saturday
Personally, I wouldn't give up sampling the booths if I only had one chance to do it.

Raglan Road has a much larger menu, food quality superior and great atmosphere. When you check in at the podium for dinner, ask for a table in the main dining room with a view of the stage if you want to experience the music and dancing. If you want a quiet experience, then ask to be seated in a side room. Offer to wait for an extra few minutes until a table opens. They will do their best to seat you where you want to be. You can kill some time browsing the gift shop. I haven't noticed any difference with a reservation through Open Table or Disney and I've done both a number of times.

I've noticed over the past few years, they push sitting outside on the patio as a fast 'table available right now' option. It doesn't have the atmosphere that RR is known for so I wouldn't recommend the patio. Inside is where you want to be. As a solo diner or table of two, I find I'm usually seated at a high top next to the bar to the right of the stage. It's a good spot. Noisy but decent view of the stage. Irish chef Kevin Dundon was associated with RR when it first opened many years ago. Much of the menu still bears his signature. I believe he cut ties a number of years ago but the food quality remains impressive and certainly several rungs above Rose & Crown. The bread pudding is excellent. The scallop gnocchi also very good.

We have taken several extended family trips and one restaurant my mom always used to want to go to was Rose and Crown. She swears that it's a tradition but for the life of me, I don't remember going there as a kid but maybe I just wasn't paying attention?

However, about 10-12 years ago, I can't remember for sure which trip it was, DW and I tried Raglan Road for the first time. That one has become a tradition and we go once every trip. We always start our trips with a Disney Springs day so we can go to the Christmas shop, find an ornament and order personalization, and do a little start of trip souvenir shopping for things we know we will want (usually a picture frame).

I tend to get something different almost every time, not because I haven't enjoyed what I order but because so many things sound good. Over the years I have had the bangers and mash, shepherds pie, the steak, pork shoulder, chicken sandwich, and fish and chips. However, DW and I both love scallops and we get the scallop forest appetizer every time and always love it. DW has had a few different things and enjoyed them all but given her fondness for scallops and gnocchi, once she tried the gnocchi she has never gotten anything different. She is very picky about gnocchi too and has loved this every single time.

The music and dancers are great too and while the musicians stay on stage in our experience (maybe we've just never seen them wander) the dancers will sometimes make the rounds to some of the side areas of the restaurant. We got a great picture of DD with them around her high chair.

Rose and Crown, on the other hand, has had a few menu changes over the years and things that we had tried in the past aren't there anymore, and it feels to us (just the opinion of one family, bear in mind) that it just isn't as good as it used to be and we haven't gone back in probably 6-7 years now.

Raglan Road has a much larger menu, food quality superior and great atmosphere. When you check in at the podium for dinner, ask for a table in the main dining room with a view of the stage if you want to experience the music and dancing. If you want a quiet experience, then ask to be seated in a side room. Offer to wait for an extra few minutes until a table opens. They will do their best to seat you where you want to be. You can kill some time browsing the gift shop. I haven't noticed any difference with a reservation through Open Table or Disney and I've done both a number of times.

I've noticed over the past few years, they push sitting outside on the patio as a fast 'table available right now' option. It doesn't have the atmosphere that RR is known for so I wouldn't recommend the patio. Inside is where you want to be. As a solo diner or table of two, I find I'm usually seated at a high top next to the bar to the right of the stage. It's a good spot. Noisy but decent view of the stage. Irish chef Kevin Dundon was associated with RR when it first opened many years ago. Much of the menu still bears his signature. I believe he cut ties a number of years ago but the food quality remains impressive and certainly several rungs above Rose & Crown. The bread pudding is excellent. The scallop gnocchi also very good.

I changed my RR reservation to lunch because if I kept it for dinner, it means Spice Road Table would be my getaway lunch on Monday ….and now I have that for dinner (I like walking at EPCOT at night, though)

I want the least amount of stress possible on my departure day. I just checked, though - the Brightline I’d take is 4:50pm, so I’d have plenty of time …

So now, it’s just a matter of whether I prefer it for lunch or dinner. 6:30pm SRT - it won’t be that dark by the time I finish dinner since Daylight Savings will have gone into effect. So it maybe walking around EPCOT then would still be like walking during the dat

Oh no, I don’t like sitting outside usually - unless it’s by the water.

Thank you!

RR but for dinner! The food is good, but the dancers and music make it an awesome experience.
Now that I know I’ll have time on Monday before I leave, I’m going to change my reservations back to RR dinner and SRT lunch…!

I’m psyched for the whole experience !

We have taken several extended family trips and one restaurant my mom always used to want to go to was Rose and Crown. She swears that it's a tradition but for the life of me, I don't remember going there as a kid but maybe I just wasn't paying attention?

However, about 10-12 years ago, I can't remember for sure which trip it was, DW and I tried Raglan Road for the first time. That one has become a tradition and we go once every trip. We always start our trips with a Disney Springs day so we can go to the Christmas shop, find an ornament and order personalization, and do a little start of trip souvenir shopping for things we know we will want (usually a picture frame).

I tend to get something different almost every time, not because I haven't enjoyed what I order but because so many things sound good. Over the years I have had the bangers and mash, shepherds pie, the steak, pork shoulder, chicken sandwich, and fish and chips. However, DW and I both love scallops and we get the scallop forest appetizer every time and always love it. DW has had a few different things and enjoyed them all but given her fondness for scallops and gnocchi, once she tried the gnocchi she has never gotten anything different. She is very picky about gnocchi too and has loved this every single time.

The music and dancers are great too and while the musicians stay on stage in our experience (maybe we've just never seen them wander) the dancers will sometimes make the rounds to some of the side areas of the restaurant. We got a great picture of DD with them around her high chair.

Rose and Crown, on the other hand, has had a few menu changes over the years and things that we had tried in the past aren't there anymore, and it feels to us (just the opinion of one family, bear in mind) that it just isn't as good as it used to be and we haven't gone back in probably 6-7 years now.
Everyone seems to love the scallops! I’m meh on them - don’t dislike them, don’t love them. But it sounds sooo good, and I like gnocchi

That seems to be the general feeling about Rose & Crown. I’ll try it one day, but it does seem as if they don’t know what they want to be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter