Raglan Road or Rose & Crown

Keep in mind that they don't usually have the live music and dancers during the week at lunch. You can check their website (the actual restaurant's website - not Disney's) for their show schedule.
I know, that’s why I’m torn. I could always have lunch at Spice Road since I’m planning on going to EPCOT anyway on my first day (though, it’s the day I debark from my cruise, and I might just want to graze the Flower and Garden booths). Or I could do lunch there on Monday, before I leave.

Raglan Road 100%. I go every trip (except this next one but it's an odd trip lol). Totally a must do and I have always had amazing food and experiences.

We always go to Raglan Road. They have more food and drink choices and of course the entertainment!!!

Raglan Road 100%. I go every trip (except this next one but it's an odd trip lol). Totally a must do and I have always had amazing food and experiences.
I think I’ve made up my mind - I love pubby food, I must try the bread pudding and I love the entertainment.

Thanks!

Thank you!

I promise to report on my experience there !

This sounds stupid, but….does it matter for entertainment purposes if I make a reservation via Disney or Open Table (RR’s site) ?

Thanks!

Rose & Crown has been a tradition since 1983 for me and my family. Now that there is no longer lunch at R&C, we gave Raglan Road a try and I have to say I could kick myself for not booking it years ago. I always do the Bangers and Mash at R&C if they are available but the ones at Raglan Road were better and as much as I like the Sticky Toffee Pudding it's a much smaller portion than it used to be. Much, much smaller! I also have to say the Bread & Butter Pudding at Raglan makes up for the R&C dessert. It's pretty big and absolutely amazing!

Another thing about Raglan Road is the menu which to me is an issue now at R&C. It's much bigger with lots of choices. So much so that just sticking to one entree may be an issue, but IMO that's a good problem to have.

Plus there's the entertainment to consider!

Last edited:

In my opinion the Fish and Chips are superior at Raglan Road, so I will throw my vote in for Raglan as well.

Does the bread pudding taste very buttery? I hate butter (it’s ok if it’s used to make something, like cake), and I can’t stand to eat anything that tastes really buttery

Thanks!
I don't think it tastes super buttery (though there is a lot in there, I've made it at home). The caramel sauce and creme Anglaise that you pour over are the real delicious parts.

Rose and Crown is good, as long as you're Ok with their small menu. The food is simple and tasty. The location and theming are great.

Rose & Crown has been a tradition since 1983 for me and my family. Now that there is no longer lunch at R&C, we gave Raglan Road a try and I have to say I could kick myself for not booking it years ago. I always do the Bangers and Mash at R&C if they are available but the ones at Raglan Road were better and as much as I like the Sticky Toffee Pudding it's a much smaller portion than it used to be. Much, much smaller! I also have to say the Bread & Butter Pudding at Raglan makes up for the R&C dessert. It's pretty big and absolutely amazing!

Another thing about Ragland Road is the menu which to me is an issue now at R&C. It's much bigger with lots of choices. So much so that just sticking to one entree may be an issue, but IMO that's a good problem to have.

Plus there's the entertainment to consider!
Oh, I’d be so disappointed with a tiny sticky toffee pudding…I just wish I could find it somewhere on this side of the Atlantic, lol. But I’m drooling over the bread pudding !

I’m thinking either fish and chips or shepherd’s pie ….yum!

I don't think it tastes super buttery (though there is a lot in there, I've made it at home). The caramel sauce and creme Anglaise that you pour over are the real delicious parts.
Butter is great in many respects - we wouldn’t have most desserts without it!

Ooh, I adore caramel sauce and creme anglaise. I hope it’s a big portion because I’ll need two if it’s not, lol

Rose and Crown is good, as long as you're Ok with their small menu. The food is simple and tasty. The location and theming are great.
I’m an AP, so it’s going to be on my list for next time; I’m only here for 2 days - post-cruise. I’m looking forward to trying it!

This sounds stupid, but….does it matter for entertainment purposes if I make a reservation via Disney or Open Table (RR’s site) ?

Thanks!
I have only booked through Open Table and have gotten in the main room and in a side room, though even in the side room you could hear the music great and a dancer came into the room to perform. Just know, it can be LOUD.

I have only booked through Open Table and have gotten in the main room and in a side room, though even in the side room you could hear the music great and a dancer came into the room to perform. Just know, it can be LOUD.
Thanks! I also booked - after I posted this- throughout Open Table!

Consider myself warned!

Just throwing it out there but Raglan Road has a very solid brunch on weekends. Also if the soup of the day is mushroom, order it. You'll thank me later.

Just throwing it out there but Raglan Road has a very solid brunch on weekends. Also if the soup of the day is mushroom, order it. You'll thank me later.

Hmm, that’s interesting…. but now that you mention brunch…

Would it be better to do lunch at RR on Monday (when I leave - no time set yet, but I’m thinking maybe late afternoon ), and do dinner at Spice Road on Sunday the 10th? Instead of dinner at RR on Sunday and lunch at SR on Monday?

Unfortunately the only available dinner time for SR on Sunday is 6:30, which is kind of early for me…

Hmm, that’s interesting…. but now that you mention brunch…

Would it be better to do lunch at RR on Monday (when I leave - no time set yet, but I’m thinking maybe late afternoon ), and do dinner at Spice Road on Sunday the 10th? Instead of dinner at RR on Sunday and lunch at SR on Monday?

Unfortunately the only available dinner time for SR on Sunday is 6:30, which is kind of early for me…

Sadly, I hate mushrooms, lol

Raglan Road for sure! Especially love the scallops appetizer and the bread pudding. We visit on every trip; never miss it.

We do like Rose & Crown, but the menu is very limited these days. The bar can be lots of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter