Rain cover for City Mini Gt double

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a recommendation for a rain cover for a city mini gt double stroller? I have been checking amazon but none of the reviews seem that great.

Thanks!

Not to be a downer but I just want to warn you - our expensive rain cover for our double City Select was stolen off our stroller at Epcot. Our stroller was parked in a covered spot (by the character spot) where lots of people were taking cover during a downpour. We know we had it when we arrived because we had walked through a downpour and our kids were totally dry. I also told my husband to just keep it on the stroller and not to roll it up because everything would get wet. It was very tight around the seats and it was not windy outside at all so there is no way it blew away inside the character spot stroller parking. I think someone probably saw us go into the character spot and swiped it or just swiped it while we were in there.

For the rest of the trip we just put our toddlers in ponchos, tied ponchos over the stroller when it was unattended.

I will probably not buy an expensive cover again. I just wanted to share this because we know not to leave valuables in the stroller — but I didn’t realize things like a rain cover could be attractive to opportunistic thieves.

When I used the single at Disney we found that the sunshade protects all the stroller seat from rain except the footrest. We just had our toddler ride with a poncho over his lap to keep his feet dry.

Not to be a downer but I just want to warn you - our expensive rain cover for our double City Select was stolen off our stroller at Epcot. Our stroller was parked in a covered spot (by the character spot) where lots of people were taking cover during a downpour. We know we had it when we arrived because we had walked through a downpour and our kids were totally dry. I also told my husband to just keep it on the stroller and not to roll it up because everything would get wet. It was very tight around the seats and it was not windy outside at all so there is no way it blew away inside the character spot stroller parking. I think someone probably saw us go into the character spot and swiped it or just swiped it while we were in there.

For the rest of the trip we just put our toddlers in ponchos, tied ponchos over the stroller when it was unattended.

I will probably not buy an expensive cover again. I just wanted to share this because we know not to leave valuables in the stroller — but I didn’t realize things like a rain cover could be attractive to opportunistic thieves.
I wouldn't pay $50.00+ for a rain cover but 2 ponchos with side snaps could make me happy accomplishing the same goal at substantially less cost. Should the bill of the poncho not be long enough or even non-existent I'd prolly pull out my sewing machine or hand sew a baseball hat to the interior of the crown Saved money could go in the kiddos' college funds and problem solved. Rainstorms in Fl tend to be quick and over.

You can actually look up videos on how to make a rain cover out of a clear shower curtain. DH made one for our double City Mini for our last trip. I don't think it was too hard since he did it the night before we left. Plus it fit the stroller really well! I believe we used those stick on velcro to help hold things down. It cost $15 for 2 extra large shower curtains on amazon vs the Baby Jogger version that was $40-50. We still have the other shower curtain left, which will get turned into another rain cover for our single City Mini for our upcoming trip.

Thanks everyone! I was kind of on the fence about even really needing a rain cover since the sunshade does seem to cover pretty well. I think we might just cover the kids legs with a poncho or check out a cheap clear shower curtain if the weather looks bad the week we go.

I bought the expensive one. The reviews for the other ones were not great. I figured I'd use it and then resell it. Never needed at Disney of course. And the time it poured in DC I had left it in the trunk. Oops, But we've used it a ton in the neighborhood, and it works great to help with heat in the winter (think Hershey Park Christmas Candylane).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter