Rainy Day at Universal

cbtengwife

Earning My Ears
Hubby and I are looking at doing 3 days at Universal Studios/Island of Adventure the first of next week. But now looking at the weather, it is showing rain chances up around 80%. What all is there to do if it rains? We have not purchased our tickets yet.
Thanks

Hubby and I are looking at doing 3 days at Universal Studios/Island of Adventure the first of next week. But now looking at the weather, it is showing rain chances up around 80%. What all is there to do if it rains? We have not purchased our tickets yet.
Thanks
Most attractions are inside at both parks (moreso at the Studios) so you should be fine. Crowds will be thin if it rains so there won't be much of a wait for anything. Just grab a poncho and have a good time!

The weather forecast will likely change by then. If it doesn't, keep it mind that 80% just means a high chance of rain at some point - it doesn't mean rain all day. Only once have we had a rain-all-day type of day during an Orlando trip. The odds are in your favor even with 80%. Just be prepared for the rain and go with it. Many rides all still be open. (Though, rain drops hurt a little on certain rides I've found!)

we leave Sunday for a week and I was looking at the extended forecast last night. I think my biggest concern is finding something that I can use to keep my chair dry when/if I transfer. I have only been in FL a few months, before that was Texas and umm.. well, outside of Houston it doesn't seem to rain much there.....

I always hope for rain. Less crowded! My son and I say, "we aren't afraid of rain and are ok with ponchos!"

This time of year it rains almost every other day for about 15 minutes....so I would not worry too much yet.
I had many days where the next day was expectinfg rain and clouds all day and it was perfect out (Just way too hot)
The worst we had over the last week was about three hours where there were thunder storms so all the outdoor coasters were closed
There were also a few 10 minute major downpours and then cleared up again

hopefully this will be your experience as well...

I was so nervous about rain before our last trip in August because of invest 99. It did rain every day, sometimes 10 minutes and sometimes a couple hours. What surprised me was how much we LOVED being there in the rain! We didn't do ponchos, just quick dry shirts/shorts and sandles that can get wet. Several times I would turn around and notice there was absolutely no one in sight but us! Lines were short and it kept us cool. I will never again try to avoid rain, in fact bring it on.

we leave Sunday for a week and I was looking at the extended forecast last night. I think my biggest concern is finding something that I can use to keep my chair dry when/if I transfer. I have only been in FL a few months, before that was Texas and umm.. well, outside of Houston it doesn't seem to rain much there.....

Have you tried a cheap shower curtain? That's what I use for my ECV

I'm in Orlando now. It said 80% chance of rain today. It didn't rain until around 5pm and not for long. It poured later on in the evening - much, much later on. Yesterday's forecast said 80% the day before, but fell to 50% the day of. It rained for no more than 20 minutes. I was in a ride so I didn't know how long it rained for. So - even 80% the day before or day of May not be a issue. I look at the hourly and if chances are low until 2-6pm, then it's the pretty typical rain pattern.

I am keeping my eye on Matthew though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter