Rats or vermin in parks?

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
One night just outside of Dr. Strange’s magic show, a couple of young ladies waiting in line said a rat just ran out of the bushes. Now, I would imagine that with all the food that is around, all types of vermin might be around but I have never seen anything. I know my friend in Northern California has what theycall “roof rats”.

Has anyone seen critters running around the parks, other than the cats and the ducks? Snakes? I think it’s just odd (or a blessing) that I all my trips, I’ve never heard of such a thing but those girls were really shook up over that rat!

How about any of you? And yes, whoever first reports “a very large mouse walking around who was quite friendly “, you win the bonus prize! :rotfl2:

Nope, never seen anything but the usual ducks and cats! I'm sure they exist out there, but it would seem sightings are rare due to all the things Disney does to try and stop them.

Also, last September was unseasonably humid, which did bring out the mosquitoes and I left OBB weekend with a few bites. (Something I normally only get when I visit a more humid state and never in California or Nevada!) But, technically I never SAW those either. But they sure saw me.

Nope, never seen anything but the usual ducks and cats! I'm sure they exist out there, but it would seem sightings are rare due to all the things Disney does to try and stop them.

Also, last September was unseasonably humid, which did bring out the mosquitoes and I left OBB weekend with a few bites. (Something I normally only get when I visit a more humid state and never in California or Nevada!) But, technically I never SAW those either. But they sure saw me.
I would agree, even though it’s more humid than my state, I have never been bothered by mosquitoes there! I’ll avoid September from now on lol.

We have a lot of raccoons here in Denver and they can be quite prolific and they love garbage so I’m wondering how they keep those critters under control. Disney must have a great animal control squad working behind the scenes.

I would agree, even though it’s more humid than my state, I have never been bothered by mosquitoes there! I’ll avoid September from now on lol.

It was really abnormal for Anaheim to be as humid as it was then, which is what brought in the mosquitoes. That was the only time in 37 years of Disneyland visits that I've ever gotten mosquito bites. So I wouldn't avoid September in the future necessarily!

Oh, I also forgot about the snail. Same trip. I set down a cold bottle of Diet Coke on a planter in Tomorrowland and when I went to go pick it up again after sitting for awhile, a snail had hitched a ride on it.

We have a lot of raccoons here in Denver and they can be quite prolific and they love garbage so I’m wondering how they keep those critters under control. Disney must have a great animal control squad working behind the scenes.
We saw some raccoons hanging out in broad daylight near the Disneyland Hotel a few years back.

I've only ever seen coackroaches, at night by the water. I haven't even seen a mosquito.

Once saw a bunch of small mice in the shrubs in the Peter Pan queue. We could see them darting about. That was at least 10, maybe 15 years ago.

And then the queue for the Storybook Land Canal Boats can be quite unpleasant if there are a bunch of birds hanging out in the tree.

But that's about it.

One night just outside of Dr. Strange’s magic show, a couple of young ladies waiting in line said a rat just ran out of the bushes. Now, I would imagine that with all the food that is around, all types of vermin might be around but I have never seen anything. I know my friend in Northern California has what theycall “roof rats”.

Has anyone seen critters running around the parks, other than the cats and the ducks? Snakes? I think it’s just odd (or a blessing) that I all my trips, I’ve never heard of such a thing but those girls were really shook up over that rat!

How about any of you? And yes, whoever first reports “a very large mouse walking around who was quite friendly “, you win the bonus prize! :rotfl2:
Once saw a mouse inside the que at flight of passage. Have seen a dead rat in the water at the Canada pavilion and several snakes over the years

At WDW Once saw a mouse inside the que at flight of passage. Have seen a dead rat in the water at the Canada pavilion and several snakes over the years

At WDW Once saw a mouse inside the que at flight of passage. Have seen a dead rat in the water at the Canada pavilion and several snakes over the years
Well, anything is possible in Florida…home to all sorts of nasty critters. That’s one reason I prefer Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter