Rci Timeshare ??

SNOWBOARDER

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! I actually posted this message on the Budget Board; I think I should've posted it here. I'll paste it below. Thanks!!
My parents have owned an RCI time-share for years, and they're always offering us a week. This year we may finally take 'em up on it, down at the World! We really prefer to stay on-site, but are willing to sacrifice a little magic for free accomodations. Believe me it was no small task, getting my wife, CMFrannie,(she who lives and breathes Disney), to agree to this. Actually, hers was a "conditional" surrender. We can only stay off-site if the RCI property is within a 15minute drive, otherwise, it's off to the All-Stars we go! I look at it as a "win-win" situation. We love the All-Stars, and we love saving $$$. Has anyone stayed at any of the properties, that RCI has to offer, in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area? My wife swears that she saw either the Swan, or the Dolphin, in the catalog. I won't have a chance to look at the RCI catalog 'til we visit my folks,(who live out of town), in a week and curiosity is killin' me!!! If anyone has used RCI, I would appreciate any tips, suggestions, comments etc. Thanks!!!!!

Which property is it that you will be staying at...we own at one of the gold crown properties, we have never seen it, but had planned on driving down to tour the property this weekend. There are a lot of very nice places (timeshares) in the Orlando area. Is the one you will be staying at a gold crown or a resort of distinction?

Oh, you can also check out the properties at RCI.com, or ask your parents which property it is and go to that website directly to look at pictures.

Hi Webray! I don't have a clue. My folks have had the timeshare for years. Their primary one is in Williamsburg, VA.

If it is westgate lakes, it's worth staying at, VERY NICE!!! and i have stayed at the all star and tho i liked being right in the heart of disney. I think the accomendations at Westgate lakes are outstanding! alot to do. i have stayed there once and i will be staying there again next yr . with my kids.
Mrsmom
Allstar resort Dec 95"
Holiday Inn sunspree resort Oct 98"
Westgate lakes Sept 2000
royal plaza resort Feb 2001
Wyndham palace and spa( next week)!!!!!!
Westgate lakes Nov 2002

used my friend rci timeshare and had a two bedroom at the silver lakes resort just outside the disney main gates. the place was great . the pool was huge and clean. gated complex on a non-busy road...pubix is just down the road. would easily stay there again.

We have a timeshare in Hilton Head, SC and have traded twice into Orlando, both times loving our trade accomodations. The first was a Gold Crown and was about a 10 minute drive, but very easy and the 2nd was a nice property as well, but literally about 2 mins from the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have been trading our timeshare for the past 5 years and always get a good deal. Go to RCI.com and start looking at resorts in the Orlando area and doing some research. You will have to actually have your parent's unit/week before you can find out what EXACTLY will be available during your stay. Another suggestion is to be somewhat felxible in your travel dates and that will give you more options for resorts. Enjoy, this is a great way to get wonderful accomodations (full kitchens, multiple bedrooms, and more) for free.

Lisa

BethR, moderator of the Budget Board stayed at the HGVC, which is a RCI timeshare. Here is a LINK to her report of it.

The closest, high quality RCI resorts to Disney are:

*** Sheraton Vistana Resort #0450
*** Sunterra Cypress Pointe #2750 & #3996
*** Silver Lake Resort #2610
*** (Marriott) Sabal Palms #1276
*** (Marriott) Royal Palms #1699
Both Marriotts are located at the Marriott Orlando World Center but they are hard to get - few exchange via RCI, most through II.

In the close runner-up group, I'd also suggest:

** Embassy Vacation Resort at Grand Beach #3664
** Sunterra Resorts Grand Beach #6315 (same place as above)
** Vacation Village at Parkway (url?) #4940
These three resorts offer lovely villas but fewer resort amenities and basic pools.
** Westgate Vacation Villas #0899
Westgate gets mixed reviews but offers nice rooms, a lot of pools & activities.

There are many other gorgeous resorts in the area. But if you want the absolute closest proximity, these would be my picks. Since your family owns in Williamsburg, they probably own at one of the Fairfields, one of the Sunterras or one of the Marriotts. There are only a couple other smaller resorts in Williamsburg. So, they may be able to get one of the above timeshare weeks using owner priority (especially if they own a Sunterra). Ask about that.

As for your DW missing the Disney resorts... Make sure you only accept a villa with a minimum of 1-BR/Master BR and a separate FULL kitchen (no studio) with washer/dryer and a whirlpool tub in the master bath (2-BR and larger in the above resorts will have them, as well as most 1-BR's with full kitchen). Most MBR suites will have a king bed - ask. Make a priority seating for a Disney (resort or park) dinner for arrival day. This will give her a quick Disney fix right off. Don't forget to freeze your water bottles (half full) in your freezer each night. Have her favorite breakfast & afterdinner beverages/desserts in your villa. Bring a tiny bottle of nice bubble bath (a capful will do it in a jacuzzi) and her favorite music, CD or tape player. Show her the effort/surprise of enjoying all that extra luxury and inroom amenities on her Disney vacation and she may appreciate the offsite trade-off a little more. Have fun!

My mom got us a week through exchange from RCI at Polynesian Isles Resort. Has anyone ever been there? Is it nice? Is it close to WDW? The web site says 4 miles. I need feedback. THANKS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter