RCL pricing tips?

csidisney

Mouseketeer
We have only ever cruised Disney and I know all the tricks possible to get the lowest price (book far out, onboard etc). Like a lot of you, we are now considering RCL. I know nothing about how to get the lowest rate there. Any tips? Use a TA? Book early or book last minute? I don't know where to start! Thanks! We are FL Residents if it makes a difference :)

. . . how to get the lowest rate there. Any tips?
Book early for best price, onboard if possible. Then watch for price drops (rare but does happen). Sign up for RCI's email promotions.

During your first RCI cruise, join the Crown & Anchor Society for loyalty member benefits. While onboard, book a future cruise (for a specific cruise) and/or buy a future cruise certificate (to decide later). Either one will get you a shipboard credit on a future cruise.

A nice benefit of the C&A Society is you also get reciprocal benefits on Celebrity. After sailing on RCI, the first time we sailed on Celebrity we were treated as repeat cruiser at the equivalent loyalty level -- welcome back receptions, onboard coupon book, Elite lounge. You also get reciprocal benefits on on Azamara.

Woody

I joined cruisefish.net. For $1 they monitor your staterooms and notify you of a price drop.

Book early for best price, onboard if possible. Then watch for price drops (rare but does happen). Sign up for RCI's email promotions. During your first RCI cruise, join the Crown & Anchor Society for loyalty member benefits. While onboard, book a future cruise (for a specific cruise) and/or buy a future cruise certificate (to decide later). Either one will get you a shipboard credit on a future cruise. A nice benefit of the C&A Society is you also get reciprocal benefits on Celebrity. After sailing on RCI, the first time we sailed on Celebrity we were treated as repeat cruiser at the equivalent loyalty level -- welcome back receptions, onboard coupon book, Elite lounge. You also get reciprocal benefits on on Azamara. Woody
We had a devil of a time finding where to go onboard the Allure to sign up for the C&A. When we got there it was pretty full. Figured out the onboard booking perks which appeared to only consist of a small onboard credit. Looking at the number of people there & not wanting to create an appointment we figured it wasn't worth the effort. After we got home I tried to sign us up with the C&A society online....but the site crashed & gave me the boot. At this point I kinda figure this must be a sign of some sort. LOL!

In the past we have gotten OBC or prepaid gratuities when booking through an online travel agent. We would typically book through Royal Caribbean, and then transfer it to the travel agent. It's been awhile, so I'm not positive it still works the same. HTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter