"Reach for the sky!" We're finally getting there in JAN 2012!!!TR LINK PG 69!

Hurray for UP days and good weather! I seriously missed you at playgroup today. It was fine but not the same...

I wish we hadn't had to miss either, but Savannah (for the first time ever) wasn't opposed to staying home and not swimming and I REALLY want her 100% for this trip! She was appeased by getting to have Leslee over for a couple hours, but it doesn't even seem like a Thursday now!

:dance3: ONE WEEK!!!!!! :dance3:

So, yesterday Leslee was with us for a couple hours. (we've had the girls apart for a while so they aren't sick of each other on the trip) We're in the car and I hear them talking about "tutu" skirts that Leslee has and Savannah saying she wishes she had a yellow tutu to wear to Disney. REALLY?!?!? :rolleyes:

I only roll my eyes b/c HOW MANY MONTHS have I tried to get her to tell me exactly what she wants on this trip? How many tutu's could I have purchased? Now thinking on it, maybe this is why she refrained! :laughing:

So, you know exactly what I did, right? I went right into tutu-mode, called Summer (Leslee's mom) to find out if she had any tulle, which she did, went home and found some elastic and within hours, Savannah had a tutu. Don't say I can't do anything spur of the moment! :p

She wanted yellow and Summer had some black as well to fill it in. She was pretty pleased with it but said she didn't have makeup on or her hair done so she wasn't too terribly happy with me taking pictures. She better get used to it in a weeks time! ;)

disneytutu007.jpg

disneytutu004.jpg

disneytutu013.jpg

Yay for one week left!!!! :yay::yay::yay: That tutu is too cute!!

Thanks! I'm having fun reading your TR, it's getting me so excited!

I think the tutu came out well, if I had more elastic, I would have made myself one. I told Rey this and that maybe Savannah would let me borrow hers one day and he told me I was TOO OLD?!?!?! :scared1: WHAT? NOTHING is too old at Disney, right? He didn't have a problem with me dying the tips of my hair pink for the trip! (didn't do this b/c it was just more money that I decided to save for the actual trip instead)

Karen!!! I WANT A TUTU now!!!! I'll have to see what I can come up with. I actually turned my bridal Mickey ears into Mickey ears with a rhinestone crown on it.....and you are right --- nothing is TOO OLD FOR DISNEY! :cool1:

Karen!!! I WANT A TUTU now!!!! I'll have to see what I can come up with. I actually turned my bridal Mickey ears into Mickey ears with a rhinestone crown on it.....and you are right --- nothing is TOO OLD FOR DISNEY! :cool1:

You should TOTALLY make one! I would, if money weren't so tight on this trip, but I just don't want to spend anything else before the trip. It's super cheap though! All you need is elastic (which you tie to fit your waist) and then tulle that you cut in strips and tie onto the elastic! We made one a few years ago that had ribbons on it as well, but Savannah said that looked too "girly" :rolleyes:

:mickeyjum :goofy: :ccat: OMG, 5 DAYS!!! :tigger: :dumbo: :donald:

With all this counting down, you would think it wouldn't have snuck up on me like this! I'm still in complete denial, but get butterflies in my stomach when I think about it too much! :laughing:

Busy week here, I have last minute petsitting (YAY DISNEY MONEY!!), hair appointment (stay tuned for THAT pic on Tuesday!), bowling with playgroup, afternoon solving all the world's problems with Hope, book club, and TONS of packing!

I'm just crazy excited, I'm sure everyone around me is sick and tired of hearing about Disney, but I can't help it! :woohoo:

Thanks! I'm having fun reading your TR, it's getting me so excited!

I think the tutu came out well, if I had more elastic, I would have made myself one. I told Rey this and that maybe Savannah would let me borrow hers one day and he told me I was TOO OLD?!?!?! :scared1: WHAT? NOTHING is too old at Disney, right? He didn't have a problem with me dying the tips of my hair pink for the trip! (didn't do this b/c it was just more money that I decided to save for the actual trip instead)

Thanks!!!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS TOO OLD AT DISNEY!!!!! That's the entire beauty of going to Disney!!!!! I don't think a tutu is any different than wearing mouse ears or any other sort of fun accessory! :thumbsup2

Yay for 5 days left!!! I know exactly how the "I've been counting this day by day and how do we only have 5 days left??" moment feels! I think it's because you get excited for the trip so far out that you don't get used to it being so close!

Thanks!!!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS TOO OLD AT DISNEY!!!!! That's the entire beauty of going to Disney!!!!! I don't think a tutu is any different than wearing mouse ears or any other sort of fun accessory! :thumbsup2

Yay for 5 days left!!! I know exactly how the "I've been counting this day by day and how do we only have 5 days left??" moment feels! I think it's because you get excited for the trip so far out that you don't get used to it being so close!

Yep, and boy do we have mouse ears! We have so many different mickey headbands/ears, I think I can wear a different one each day of the trip! :laughing:

Oh and I found the comment funny from Rey (I think he was joking anyway) b/c this is a man that wears a PURPLE TOP HAT at Disney! :lmao:

I LOVE the tutu!!!! It's amazing that you were able to "throw it together" so quickly. I could never have done that! And I agree that nobody is too old for anything at Disney. Bring on your inner child!!!

Amanda

I LOVE the tutu!!!! It's amazing that you were able to "throw it together" so quickly. I could never have done that! And I agree that nobody is too old for anything at Disney. Bring on your inner child!!!

Amanda

Thanks Amanda! I had made one a couple years ago for Halloween, so it was pretty easy to throw it together. I think I was inspired b/c Savannah has been kind of "blah" about this trip, I think b/c we postponed and canceled so many times.

The great news is that ALL the kids, mine & Leslee, are starting to get excited! You can tell b/c they are all talking about the trip now and it's just so cool that I'm not the only one excited finally! :lovestruc

:mickeyjum :goofy: :ccat: OMG, 5 DAYS!!! :tigger: :dumbo: :donald:

With all this counting down, you would think it wouldn't have snuck up on me like this! I'm still in complete denial, but get butterflies in my stomach when I think about it too much! :laughing:

Busy week here, I have last minute petsitting (YAY DISNEY MONEY!!), hair appointment (stay tuned for THAT pic on Tuesday!), bowling with playgroup, afternoon solving all the world's problems with Hope, book club, and TONS of packing!

I'm just crazy excited, I'm sure everyone around me is sick and tired of hearing about Disney, but I can't help it! :woohoo:

TUESDAY! For some reason I thought the hair appt. was yesterday which is why I was on FB demanding pics! :rotfl:

I'm so glad that most of that busy week is stuff that includes spending time with MEEEE so I can get plenty of Karen time before you go abandoning me for Mickey. :rolleyes:

Thanks Amanda! I had made one a couple years ago for Halloween, so it was pretty easy to throw it together. I think I was inspired b/c Savannah has been kind of "blah" about this trip, I think b/c we postponed and canceled so many times.

The great news is that ALL the kids, mine & Leslee, are starting to get excited! You can tell b/c they are all talking about the trip now and it's just so cool that I'm not the only one excited finally! :lovestruc

I'm so glad the kids are getting excited! I'm so excited for you all! :banana:

Hope, it WAS yesterday but when we showed up, she freaked out and pulled out her new planner (electronic) and realized that somehow she had lost our appointment (she remembered me making it) and had other people coming in. So we had to reschedule!

Hi Karen getting caught up...

Sorry about the pre Disney blues...I had that bad prior to our trip last week...it's coming up fast...I just know you will have a great time :goodvibes

Wow, 4 days! Can you believe it? You must be getting so excited!!!!

Love the skirt, it turned out so cute.

Can you post a quick summary reminder of your trip- which park, which day? That way every day at work, i can look and think, hey, Karen and her family are at this park today having a blast!;):goodvibes:thumbsup2

Hi Karen getting caught up...

Sorry about the pre Disney blues...I had that bad prior to our trip last week...it's coming up fast...I just know you will have a great time :goodvibes

Thanks!!! I cannot wait to read about your trip! :goodvibes

Wow, 4 days! Can you believe it? You must be getting so excited!!!!

Love the skirt, it turned out so cute.

Can you post a quick summary reminder of your trip- which park, which day? That way every day at work, i can look and think, hey, Karen and her family are at this park today having a blast!;):goodvibes:thumbsup2

I know, right?!?!? I'm crazy-freakin-excited!!! :woohoo:

What a sweet idea! :lovestruc Here you go...

Friday, 27th-leaving, driving ALL NIGHT LONG!
Saturday, 28th-arrive, lunch at POP, DTD for dinner @RFC!
Sunday, 29th-MK!! Crystal Palace breakfast, Boma for dinner
Monday, 30th-EP! Via Napoli dinner.
Tuesday, 31st-AK Kouzinna dinner
Wednesday, Feb. 1st-DHS, HOB dinner
Thursday, 2nd-back to Epcot! Chef's dinner
Friday, 3rd-Last day! MK! Ohana breakfast, Wave dinner, Wishes
Saturday, 4th-leave. boo! Drive home, arrive Sunday 5th!

Notice I put all our ADR's...I can't wait to eat!
:laughing:

It is so cool that you are so close! The weather (knock on wood) looks great over the next week or so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter