READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got an Uber from POFQ at 5:30, through security and on like by 5:43. Lines opened at 6:15. I didn’t have much of a plan after that lol, so I ended up on Sunset Blvd waiting for ToT. Took about 10-15 seconds for the boarding groups to go live for me, in what was the longest 10-15 seconds I’ve experienced. Ended up in Group 66. The people next to me got Group 3. At least I’m in!

Awesome work!

I am from Germany and I am new here. We will be at Disneys Hollywood Studios in May and as beeing a huge Star Wars fan I wanted to ride ROTR. But I am a little bit afraid how fast regular BG are gone.

Any special events in Orlando at the moment or why are the BG gone that fast the last days?
No special events other than some dance competitions, it's just the high demand for the ride. Have a fun trip

Practicing from home, the quickest my wife and I have gotten through the process is 7:00:15, with the join button being available at about 7:00:05. Those of you that have a sub 30 BG, how quickly did you get through all the button clicks needed?

This thread has been such a fun addition to my day. I love the energy and all the helpful tips. I feel prepared and hopeful for our only HS day next week. So thanks for all of that!

My question is around Fastpasses. Now that the morning return times are an hour, if your ROTR BG conflicts with let's say your SDD fastpass, is guest services willing to accommodate one or the other or will I have to make a very tough decision? Lol I know they are sometimes willing to work with ADRs. Any experiences here would be so great! Thanks again!

This thread has been such a fun addition to my day. I love the energy and all the helpful tips. I feel prepared and hopeful for our only HS day next week. So thanks for all of that!

My question is around Fastpasses. Now that the morning return times are an hour, if your ROTR BG conflicts with let's say your SDD fastpass, is guest services willing to accommodate one or the other or will I have to make a very tough decision? Lol I know they are sometimes willing to work with ADRs. Any experiences here would be so great! Thanks again!
There have been reports that the 1 hour return for rotr is not strictly enforced. It's pretty easy to monitor loading pattern on rotr by just looking at the app. If let's say you're bg gets called at 9 and you have a 9:30 fp you should be able to ride and come out in time, if that's not the case you can always explain it to the a GET cm and they should be able to help
From the example you can also ride sdd and get to rotr before 10

App froze on my phone. Wife removed me and got 51. Just got a notification mines been called. In line for TSM...off to GEX after to hopefully fix. I was group 3
Merged the family into mine. Had to go to the rude though to get it fixed. Apparently once your group is called regular guest experience can't fix it.

I guess so, it just seems out of whack that you can still get backup boarding passes for over an hour after the regular boarding passes are gone.

Look at it this way. Say for the sake of discussion that there are 100 people in a boarding group and 80 initial boarding groups and 50 backup groups. If there are 10,000 people in the park at 7 AM all trying to get BGs the initial BGs and 20 backup BGs will be filled within a minute or two as the system processes and assigns all of those requests. After that, the rest of the BGs are filled as more people enter the park and try to get BGs.

It looks like, at least for now, there are enough people in the park and trying to get BGs at opening (in my example that would be 8000 people) to snap up all of the initial BGs immediately. On very busy days the backup BGs don’t last much longer.

Capping off a PHENOMENAL day at DHS with a viewing of Fantasmic!! We switch resorts tomorrow and will not be back to DHS.

Thanks to all of you who shared valuable info leading up to our trip and made today possible!! Thanks for all the fun likes and reactions - and for all the “thanks” you passed along in responses and in PMs:

tenor.gif

Thanks to @rteetz for giving me the chance to take on the chart.

Thanks to @yulilin3 and the mods for giving me leeway to have a little bit of fun with gifs and memes...I truly think it helped build a sense of community among our band of RotR seekers and we got better data and info due to that buzz!!

source.gif

My interest in this ride will certainly wane as a return trip to DHS is like 360-ish days away.

@SouthFayetteFan, over and out!
9AzQ.gif

Does this mean we get you back on 'our' group full time, except for pop tarts in the basement recliner time?? We've all missed you over there!

There have been reports that the 1 hour return for rotr is not strictly enforced. It's pretty easy to monitor loading pattern on rotr by just looking at the app. If let's say you're bg gets called at 9 and you have a 9:30 fp you should be able to ride and come out in time, if that's not the case you can always explain it to the a GET cm and they should be able to help
From the example you can also ride sdd and get to rotr before 10

Wonderful! I moved our SDD fastpass to 8:40 (we have a 7am opening), but am now panicking with all my "practice" that we will get an early BG :laughing: but good to know.

Just over here preparing for all scenarios while hoping for the best!

Been reading this post since the first day but can’t find a true consensus. Now that 8am SDD FP have dropped I’m trying to get a good plan as which rides are least busy at RD? Assume RNR and TOT followed by TSM and AS2? Would like to go away from crowds if possible and knock out a few before SDD FP expires at 9:30.

Look at it this way. Say for the sake of discussion that there are 100 people in a boarding group and 80 initial boarding groups and 50 backup groups. If there are 10,000 people in the park at 7 AM all trying to get BGs the initial BGs and 20 backup BGs will be filled within a minute or two as the system processes and assigns all of those requests. After that, the rest of the BGs are filled as more people enter the park and try to get BGs.

It looks like, at least for now, there are enough people in the park and trying to get BGs at opening (in my example that would be 8000 people) to snap up all of the initial BGs immediately. On very busy days the backup BGs don’t last much longer.

I guess I was thinking that it was tough to get a boarding pass, even a backup one. So as long as there are no ride malfunctions, you are in the park by 7 and your app is working you should be able to get on the ride, unless a special event or holiday.

I guess I was thinking that it was tough to get a boarding pass, even a backup one. So as long as there are no ride malfunctions, you are in the park by 7 and your app is working you should be able to get on the ride, unless a special event or holiday.
Yes, exactly. Just look at the chart and how many backup bg they've been going through. There are only like 3 days that were really bad. Bt as long as you are inside the park and ready to join at opening time you should be ok

Today, it is an hour and 12 minutes after opening and backup BGs are still available.

Yes, as long as there are no significant ride malfunctions, and you are in the park at opening, there is a very high probability that you will get a chance to ride, either through a regular or backup group. Even on very busy days.

Been reading this post since the first day but can’t find a true consensus. Now that 8am SDD FP have dropped I’m trying to get a good plan as which rides are least busy at RD? Assume RNR and TOT followed by TSM and AS2? Would like to go away from crowds if possible and knock out a few before SDD FP expires at 9:30.
that would be my list yes, the Sunset attractions are not as popular as the TSLand attractions. The least busy of them all and not on your list is ST, but yeah that would be my plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter