READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
440am: left and walked from BWI
500am: arrived at DH, right line
Line is at the ticket booth already

Anyone take the first BC boat over? Looking for advice on what time to be at dock tomorrow. Traveling solo with two kids (14 & 10).

Also-is best plan is still to stay to right side by fence?
Ty!

We left our offsite hotel at 4:30 this morning and were parked at about 4:50, through security around five minutes later. We were in front of the ticket booth, under the cover, but to the right. We got in fairly quickly and it was raining pretty hard. Purchased ponchos and waited under a store front. We couldn’t get the ‘join boarding groups’ to turn red until around 6:10 and it finally popped up for us both at the same time. Seemed like everyone around us already had their phones down and walking to attractions. We couldn’t find any cast members to help and couldn’t swim down stream to get back to guest services. We finally got boarding group 110, I’m a little frustrated with how it all ended up. We had two iPhones both trying on LTE. We ended up leaving the park for now, because of the rain. We have a candlelight package for this evening, hope our timing works well.

I greatly appreciate everyone’s help, today was my day. Reached the parking lot at 5:37 with three toddlers, made it through the no bag line in our pajamas, in the park at 5:53, boarding group 47 using LTE not refreshing app. Then I went back out to the car to get everything. I now owe three little girls whole cupcakes all under the age of five .

I greatly appreciate everyone’s help, today was my day. Reached the parking lot at 5:37 with three toddlers, made it through the no bag line in our pajamas, in the park at 5:53, boarding group 47 using LTE not refreshing app. Then I went back out to the car to get everything. I now owe three little girls whole cupcakes all under the age of five .
You do what you have to do. I’m the one who gave her 4yo a “Force Lollipop” to ward off the bad guys/help her be brave. 🤣

I'm contemplating skipping RoTR for our January trip and just riding it in April during my solo trip. We have a FP for Slinky Dog at 3pm and dinner at California Grill at 6pm. Our original plan was to get to the park around 11am, ride Smuggler's Run and the HS classics, and head out by 4pm to get washed up for dinner.

My fear is that we wake up at 5am, get to the park by 6:30 (7am opening the day) and end up with a boarding group that will force us to cancel our California Grill dinner. If this ride is totally worth skipping a signature dinner, please persuade me!
Yes, this ride is totally worth skipping a signature dinner. This ride is so good that it's not a "ride." Do yourself a favor and don't read threads with spoilers or watch videos. The innovations on RotR are astounding.

They will get a notice that they are already in a BG.
At least when I was there last week, only the person who booked the BGs got the pop-up notification. Everyone else has to check the app to see what BGs are currently being called.

And I believe this has been pointed out already, but you can, I think, make the BG reservations even if you're not in the park only if you're using the MDX account of someone who is in the park. That is, you can't log on to your own MDX account and just choose the people who are already there. You have to use one of their accounts. As I understand it.

Edited to fix information.

We left our offsite hotel at 4:30 this morning and were parked at about 4:50, through security around five minutes later. We were in front of the ticket booth, under the cover, but to the right. We got in fairly quickly and it was raining pretty hard. Purchased ponchos and waited under a store front. We couldn’t get the ‘join boarding groups’ to turn red until around 6:10 and it finally popped up for us both at the same time. Seemed like everyone around us already had their phones down and walking to attractions. We couldn’t find any cast members to help and couldn’t swim down stream to get back to guest services. We finally got boarding group 110, I’m a little frustrated with how it all ended up. We had two iPhones both trying on LTE. We ended up leaving the park for now, because of the rain. We have a candlelight package for this evening, hope our timing works well.
Sorry to hear about your experience. That's not supposed to be how that works. Which cell phone provider do you have? At least you got a BG before the backups started. Hope you still enjoy the attraction.

Could become a best practice going forward to have one user on wifi and the other using cell data if you have two trying for the BGs. Where were the best places to find CMs during VQ distribution today (and when it rains)?

Sorry to hear about your experience. That's not supposed to be how that works. Which cell phone provider do you have? At least you got a BG before the backups started. Hope you still enjoy the attraction.

Could become a best practice going forward to have one user on wifi and the other using cell data if you have two trying for the BGs. Where were the best places to find CMs during VQ distribution today (and when it rains)?
We didn’t see any CMs doing distribution, it was crazy with the rain this morning and from what we heard there were 9,000 people in the park already when the park opened at 6am.

Hello, everyone. We are a family of five and we will be in the parks in the first week of february. I have a few questions about riding ROTR:

1. The park hours info for february shows DHS will be open at 9am on thu 6th, so I guess that still might change for an earlier opening time, right?

2. We are staying on Caribbean Beach so we are wondering if anyone knows what is the scenario with disney transportation to DHS in this early hours, specially if the SKYLINER has been open to get guests there before opening time?

3. Where and when do you super early birds get breakfast in this crazy day?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter