READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess a test would be if someone was tapped in and in the park, but had their location services turned off and was still able to get a BG.

I think whether or not it works for one person is irrelevant. Theoretically it should work once you tap in and leave, the bigger issue is there’s no telling you won’t run into issues joining the BG and then if you’re outside the gates or on your way back to your resort you’ve got nobody to help you.

There was just a morning where loads of people were not showing as tapped in despite being in the park. Not a risk worth the small reward of leaving a few minutes early IMO.

We got into the park before opening. My wife, son, daughter, and I had 4 separate accounts all connected to each other. By 5:57am, we were already on our phones under our ponchos in a freaking rain storm. At 6am, I heard a guy say "got 13!". My son said he got the red button, but it said that my wife and daughter wasn't in the park yet. I told him to go ahead and get the BG, and he got 79. My wife and daughter got 96. Since we were near the front of the line, we went with the herd and was one of the first ones to ride MFSR. Afterwards, we found a customer service guy, and he moved my ladies to 79 with us. I told him that I was concerned that this high number could interfere with our Candlelight Procession dinner package. He offered free cancellation. Didnt appreciate that response. Fortunately, queue was going record pace, and we were called in at 11:30 am. Wow... what a great ride.

There's one thing I want Disney to consider with this whole process. This morning, we were all on our phones trying to get a BG at exactly 7am. A minute later, the rope "dropped", and we were all rushing to MFSR. There were still people in the crowd on their phones (in the rain and darkness) trying to figure this out. This felt a little dangerous. I wish they put a 5 minute window between the rope drop and the opening of the BG's.

We’re trying to perfect our plan for 6am opening.
Planning to get there around 5 am and have three people with the app trying to get the BG at 6. I’ve heard people say they were all logged into the same MDE account, but if all of our profiles are connected does that matter? Thanks!!

We got to ride around 2:30. We made some adjustments to our plan for the day, including missing our fast passes at Epcot. The ride was amazing though. We may try it another morning before Friday. We will definitely stay near guest services next time and not venture further on Hollywood Blvd.

There's one thing I want Disney to consider with this whole process. This morning, we were all on our phones trying to get a BG at exactly 7am. A minute later, the rope "dropped", and we were all rushing to MFSR. There were still people in the crowd on their phones (in the rain and darkness) trying to figure this out. This felt a little dangerous. I wish they put a 5 minute window between the rope drop and the opening of the BG's.
I would agree with this, especially with the large crowds this week.

Thank you to all who have been posting tips on getting boarding groups. This morning, 12/29, we left All Star Movies at approximately 5:15am. Took some effort to get an Uber or Lyft as drivers were not accepting the fare. Uber driver got us to the park at 5:45am. The line for RideShare drop off was massive. The driver had a previous fare to Hollywood Stuidios before us and he stayed there was no line at 5:00am. We did not take any bags so we bypassed bag checks. Tap/Turnstiles were already open 5:45 as expected. It was raining and many were taking refuge in Trolley Cafe and other shops open on Sunset.
For boarding groups, we each had our phones open and apps up. We followed the suggested steps above to stay in app and back in and out of my status screen. My wife was on WiFi and I was on Verizon only. At 6am, my cell connection and or app stopped responding whereas my wife on WiFi had no issues. We got group 34 (4 people). By 7am, our riding group was called. Thanks to all your tips for making this easier. Bonus: After the ride, they were handing out ponchos due to the rain. That was a nice sprinkle of magic (never had that before).
Perhaps Verizon had trouble with traffic volume at that moment since another Verizon user reported a similar issue. Hopefully more Verizon customers can post their experience over the last couple of days.

Last edited:

We’re trying to perfect our plan for 6am opening.
Planning to get there around 5 am and have three people with the app trying to get the BG at 6. I’ve heard people say they were all logged into the same MDE account, but if all of our profiles are connected does that matter? Thanks!!
No. You'll be fine. My sister and I were logged into our individual accounts, where our profiles are connected. Worked fine. May the BG Force be with you!

So could our group go through turnstiles early before actual park opening ... to “activate our entrance “ and immediately leave and get out bg as soon as the actual park opening allows. So in essence we’d get our bg back at the hotel ?
There are probably people who know more than me, but I am pretty sure they know u have left the park once you leave. Not by “location services” as others have suggested but by RFID as you leave the park with your media - park ticket/magic band similarly how they know you were on a ride when your photo shows up in your photopass without ever tapping. I don’t think folks realize how much info is being tracked as you wear your magic bands. For example, I believe this is how they know when the parks reach capacity. In the old days, you would have to exit thru a turnstyle that counted the number of folks that have left.

Now, if my theory is true, you could I suppose tap in and then dispose of your magic band in the park. I have dozens of them so it wouldn’t be a big deal for me to lose one. Maybe that would work? But I bet u have issues when u tap back in.

We have FPs at AK for 9,10, & 11am on Jan 3rd. We want to go to HS and grab a BG at 7am opening then go spend the morning at AK. How can we get a BG that will have us on the ride in the afternoon?

There are probably people who know more than me, but I am pretty sure they know u have left the park once you leave. Not by “location services” as others have suggested but by RFID as you leave the park with your media - park ticket/magic band similarly how they know you were on a ride when your photo shows up in your photopass without ever tapping. I don’t think folks realize how much info is being tracked as you wear your magic bands. For example, I believe this is how they know when the parks reach capacity. In the old days, you would have to exit thru a turnstyle that counted the number of folks that have left.

Now, if my theory is true, you could I suppose tap in and then dispose of your magic band in the park. I have dozens of them so it wouldn’t be a big deal for me to lose one. Maybe that would work? But I bet u have issues when u tap back in.

You expressed my concerns much, much better than I did. As an aside comment, I just assume we are being tracked with our MBs. I assume they are collecting data on how long we are in the park, where we eat in the park, if we go into the shops, what rides we ride, etc. What I was trying to say about "location services" is that I assume Disney knows if we are in the park or not. I could be wrong. I would love to know if someone out there knows.

We left POP 5:15
drove to HS arrived 5:25
Through security by 5:30 (didn't bring bags)
In HS by 5:35
Tapped BG at 6:01 BG 54
I got a notification at 9:16 am that my BG was called
I did have some wifi issues before 6 am. MDE doesn't work with my LTE. I was able to reconnect to the app by turning off wifi through the settings and turning it on again.

You expressed my concerns much, much better than I did. As an aside comment, I just assume we are being tracked with our MBs. I assume they are collecting data on how long we are in the park, where we eat in the park, if we go into the shops, what rides we ride, etc. What I was trying to say about "location services" is that I assume Disney knows if we are in the park or not. I could be wrong. I would love to know if someone out there knows.
People have left the park after joking a bg and been fine, what hasn't been reported is people tapping in before bg become available, leave, and be able to join

Bonus: After the ride, they were handing out ponchos due to the rain. That was a nice sprinkle of magic (never had that before).

I forgot to mention before that they did this the first time we rode, as well! It was a nice gesture to see. Of course, just prior to riding I spent $30 on new ponchos after accidentally leaving ours in the room. :upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter