READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen...we have reached 193!! A new BG record breaking the mark of 192 set on 12/23!
And it appears 193 is it for today. Hasn’t moved in awhile. Also - no asterisk required on this record... Monday and today seem to have both started at BG 13 (if I read correctly).

There's one thing I want Disney to consider with this whole process. This morning, we were all on our phones trying to get a BG at exactly 7am. A minute later, the rope "dropped", and we were all rushing to MFSR. There were still people in the crowd on their phones (in the rain and darkness) trying to figure this out. This felt a little dangerous. I wish they put a 5 minute window between the rope drop and the opening of the BG's.
You cant fix stupid human tricks though. If you cant walk.and chew gum....dont try it in the rain at rope drop would be the most common sense approach

What have the wait times for MF been like this week at rope drop for someone arriving at the park around 5:00?

Would it be a problem if my husband and I are logged to the same MDE account to get a boarding group?. I read regarding linking accounts but he is hesitant to get his own :scratchin

How would this work? Would one user be locked out if the other succeeds in getting a boarding group? You can't get 2 different BGs, correct?
Yes, you would get only one boarding group, and the other user would be blocked. The point is, when mere seconds count, one phone might be quicker to get the job done, so that’s why some folks are using more than one phone.

There are probably people who know more than me, but I am pretty sure they know u have left the park once you leave. Not by “location services” as others have suggested but by RFID as you leave the park with your media - park ticket/magic band similarly how they know you were on a ride when your photo shows up in your photopass without ever tapping. I don’t think folks realize how much info is being tracked as you wear your magic bands. For example, I believe this is how they know when the parks reach capacity. In the old days, you would have to exit thru a turnstyle that counted the number of folks that have left.

Now, if my theory is true, you could I suppose tap in and then dispose of your magic band in the park. I have dozens of them so it wouldn’t be a big deal for me to lose one. Maybe that would work? But I bet u have issues when u tap back in.

Only Magicbands have the ability to be read without physically being tapped, and only Magicbands that are less than a year old are reliable at that. What about the thousands of people in the park using cards, not bands? Or old bands? Or someone’s Magicband isn’t working properly?

I can also say with 100% certainty they don’t track attendance numbers by Magicband.

If 100 per BG, that’s 19,300 in 16 hr day or about 1200 per hr. Capacity has been cited on this thread at 1700 per hr. Only at 70%. Still have room to increase. We should see upwards of 250 BGs some day.
Except we don’t know for sure how manu in a BG or whether they’re variable. I’d suspect we’d see slightly larger boarding groups rather than an increased number as they increase hourly capacity. Would not be surprised to see a cap on BG numbers for psychological reasons (most people would rather see BG 160 rather than 220 even if the size of the groups means they have the same number of people in front of them.)

Only Magicbands have the ability to be read without physically being tapped, and only Magicbands that are less than a year old are reliable at that. What about the thousands of people in the park using cards, not bands? Or old bands? Or someone’s Magicband isn’t working properly?

I can also say with 100% certainty they don’t track attendance numbers by Magicband.

I imagine they can track attendance numbers in a million different ways. Retail stores put sensor/camera tech above exits. Company called ShopperTrak is used by most retailers in America. Cool technology. I know Disney has a parternship with them as well. You can google ShopperTrak and Disney and see the articles.

Yes, you would get only one boarding group, and the other user would be blocked. The point is, when mere seconds count, one phone might be quicker to get the job done, so that’s why some folks are using more than one phone.
Thank you so much for the details!

Like I said, others know more than me. I still wouldn’t be shocked if u tapped in, left, tried to get a boarding group and got denied. But I guess until someone tries it, we won’t know for sure. And I thought the cards carried some level of RFID, too. Perhaps not enough to pick up when ur leaving the park? Again, I am no expert here.

Like I said, others know more than me. I still wouldn’t be shocked if u tapped in, left, tried to get a boarding group and got denied. But I guess until someone tries it, we won’t know for sure. And I thought the cards carried some level of RFID, too. Perhaps not enough to pick up when ur leaving the park? Again, I am no expert here.
The cards have inactive rfid which means that they can’t be read from a distance only when taped against something. Magic bands have long distance which is how you get your ride photos from 7dmt and sdd.

I'm curious folks, how good is AT&T at HS? I'm from Canada and am thinking of buying a travel data type pass. My network uses AT&T as its U.S. partner, so just wanting to know if it'd be worth it, as opposed to Wi-Fi which from personal experience at the parks I know can be...sometimes unreliable.

I think we were incredibly lucky today (well starting last night when we got two separate FP groups of 2 at 6:40 AM for SDD). We parked about 5:30, were through security at 5:47, in the park and made our way up to about Brown Derby.

Clicked in right at 6AM and got boarding group 23.

Did Star Tours, SDD and RotR by 7:40 and back to hotel for sleep.

So could our group go through turnstiles early before actual park opening ... to “activate our entrance “ and immediately leave and get out bg as soon as the actual park opening allows. So in essence we’d get our bg back at the hotel ?
Why? There's now no need to get to the park more than 10 min early. Worked great for us
We’re trying to perfect our plan for 6am opening.
Planning to get there around 5 am and have three people with the app trying to get the BG at 6. I’ve heard people say they were all logged into the same MDE account, but if all of our profiles are connected does that matter? Thanks!!
Again, why get there so early? You'll be doing nothing but standing around. Unless you want to get there early for other rides

Perhaps Verizon had trouble with traffic volume at that moment since another Verizon user reported a similar issue. Hopefully more Verizon customers can post their experience over the last couple of days.
We have Verizon. Had no issues with app or connection yesterday

I imagine they can track attendance numbers in a million different ways. Retail stores put sensor/camera tech above exits. Company called ShopperTrak is used by most retailers in America. Cool technology. I know Disney has a parternship with them as well. You can google ShopperTrak and Disney and see the articles.
Yeah, they track by how many tap in to the park. One tap, one guest. It's not complicated

I am sorry, I have read this whole post but still confused a little.. I have read that same family members are logged into same account and that the system only lets one person get a BG for the family (which I undetstand if you select all in your party)...But I have also read that a family had several seperate BG # and they were able to be moved to the lowest of the group. Our family is going 2nd week of January and I am trying to figure this out. Is it best to have each family member try for a BG for just themselves and then go to a CM and ask to have us put into the lowest one or is that a chance I am taking? Or just have each of the family members select whole party and see who gets them first. Trying to get the best odds of a lower BG but won't risk not getting to ride together.
Thanks for a great thread, I have learned a lot.

1.) For those that just went recently and were in the parks before 8am... What was the posted opening time, and what time did you go?

2.) When you get there do you get to go through the turnstyles before park opening and then you can select a BG?
OR,
do you have to wait till the posted park opening time to go through the turnstyles and then select a BG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter