READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been reading along and trying to understand all of this information! Thanks to everyone who has posted about their experience. We are going with a group of 10 family members on January 10, and we only have one day at HS. We are staying at the Swan hotel. We can walk from there I think? And from what I’m gathering, we don’t maybe have to arrive way before the park opens in order to get a boarding group?
Yes you can walk. Also yes you don't have to arrive way before park open. If you look at the chart you can see how long it takes for boarding groups to be taken. If you are in the park before then you'll be fine.

Yes you can walk. Also yes you don't have to arrive way before park open. If you look at the chart you can see how long it takes for boarding groups to be taken. If you are in the park before then you'll be fine.
Thank you! Can I just ask, then, why people are getting there so early? Just for a lower number boarding group?

I was still in San Diego when fellow family checked into HS. I was able to try to get BG for them, but they got in already. So though I wasn't tapped in, I could assist in obtaining the BG.

6:14 left boardwalk
6:30 through security (busiest day at security including no bag line out of 12/29, 12/31, and 1/1)
6:40 in park (still tap and go, but took a lot longer than last few days)
7:00 boarding group 48

Whew! That’s stressful. 😂😂 Arrived around 6:10. Security wasn’t bad but line was almost backed up to security. Boarding group 54 and some of our group were first on RnR.

Here is my timeline:
Left SSR 5am
Bus 5:11
Arrived at DHS 5:32
Through security 5:36 standing next to ticket booths
Turn styles opened 6:31
Tapped in 6:34
My app wouldn’t refresh at 7. Never got the red link to join boarding group. Had to go to a CM around 7:05...Boarding group 92

Left BCV at 6:29
Walked to DHS (used BW short cut)
Thru no bag security 6:52
Thru tapstiles at 6:55 (no fingers)
BG 23
DW used Verizon and got it
I used wifi but she won
Big crowd
Really? When I went through around 6:30 I had to finger scan 🤷🏼‍♀️ Crazy.

Tried round 2 today. Arrived at 5:50, started behind the ticket booths, much further back than Sunday.
Waited for BG to open near guest services this time, where Donald and Daisy meet.
My sister was able to get it to open first and pulled BG 18. We got in line around 7:25 and walked for a bit before being stopped now for at least 10 mins.

Really? When I went through around 6:30 I had to finger scan 🤷🏼‍♀️ Crazy.
Interesting - maybe some CMs weren’t - we went to the right tapstiles.

BG 23 called at 8:07pm

We finished MFSR at 9am - we were towards the back of the street at 7am and followed the hoard over.
Entered RotR at 9:06, out at 9:55.
Amazing ride!

Last edited:
Anyone arrive recently that can report whether backup groups are still available? Trying to decide whether it’s worth running over to get one.

Left BCV at 6:00
Walked to DHS (used BW short cut)
Arrived 6:20, big security line
Through security w/bags 6:30
Thru tapstiles at 6:50 (no fingers), again huge line
BG 70 at 7:00
Used 2 phones logged into my MDE, one WiFi one Verizon. The WiFi won, but not a great group. Those around us were in the teens.

Hi! I have two more questions (sorry!). Our hotel doesn’t give out MagicBands. Do you need those to “tap in”? And what are the back up boarding groups for? Thank you!!!!

Hi! I have two more questions (sorry!). Our hotel doesn’t give out MagicBands. Do you need those to “tap in”? And what are the back up boarding groups for? Thank you!!!!

1) Magic Bands - you do not need those, just your ticket or however you are getting into the parks. Magic Bands are just a link to your account where your ticket information is stored - so the hard plastic tickets do the same thing

2) Back-up boarding groups are the same as regular boarding groups just no guarantee you will get on the ride if there are mechanical problems. Basically if you have a regular BG and don't get on, you cna expect some compensation from Disney ... if you have a Backup BG and don't get on, no compensation. Other wise there really is no difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter