READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a general consensus that today there seemed to be a very painful lag for the VQ to open up.....maybe it went live close to 30/40 seconds late?

If you feel you got in at 7am plus or minus 5 seconds, please speak up........as many are reporting hiccups that seem to indicate a slightly later opening of the VQ today.
to speculate ;) it could be because of the Marathon, tens of thousands of runners are using their garmin on top of Disney being able to monitor through their chip bib where they are on property at all times

Is there a general consensus that today there seemed to be a very painful lag for the VQ to open up.....maybe it went live close to 30/40 seconds late?

If you feel you got in at 7am plus or minus 5 seconds, please speak up........as many are reporting hiccups that seem to indicate a slightly later opening of the VQ today.
There was a definite delay. People started grumbling 10-15 seconds in that nothing was happening. I’d say around 30 seconds in the cheers started. Cast members were making announcements to use your own data because WiFi would be slow. WiFi was almost non existent while we were just waiting.

Entered park at 6:25, app did not show boarding group initially at seven. Some shouts came up, so I knew that others were getting for boarding groups. I kept going back-and-forth and join boarding group came up. Boarding group 45 at 7:01 AM. I’m not sure what time they were filled but by the time I got to the rope for toy story land, they were gone.

That’s insane. I got mine 30-45 sec into opening and for 64. We are a couple hours apart despite you going after me. Still thinking it’s lottery and not totally first come first serve.

Entered park at 6:25, app did not show boarding group initially at seven. Some shouts came up, so I knew that others were getting for boarding groups. I kept going back-and-forth and join boarding group came up. Boarding group 45 at 7:01 AM. I’m not sure what time they were filled but by the time I got to the rope for toy story land, they were gone.
Is that today? It looks like they’re still available at 7:20??
no, the big sign said full by the time I walked past it at about 710.

Thanks for responding, I find that very interesting. The app definitely didn't change from regular boarding groups to backup boarding groups until 7:20 (and some-odd seconds). Hopefully it's the sign that changed early and not that the app was wrong. That would be terrible if you thought you were getting a regular boarding group but after going through it was actually a backup one.

9:36 and back up groups are still showing as available.

I got back home from my trip on Wednesday. When I was at HS I only saw the signs saying all BGs full being put out once the back up groups had gone too so if a sign was out at 7:10 today I can only assume it was put out in error.

There was a definite delay. People started grumbling 10-15 seconds in that nothing was happening. I’d say around 30 seconds in the cheers started. Cast members were making announcements to use your own data because WiFi would be slow. WiFi was almost non existent while we were just waiting.
On my full LTE service I still had delays.

First, excellent use of the term "hot shot" - we would have also accepted "wiz kid"

Second, after clearly having increased ride capacity I was hoping for a "how do you like them apples!" gif
I was pondering a “Nick Burns: Your Company’s computer guy” gif of Jimmy Fallon saying “You’re Welcome.” Cooler heads prevailed 🤣

I am making this after having spoke to guest experience team in DHS today.

The woman told me that groups are filled in order, meaning they are NOT random (1st person gets first boarding group). Now, you may tap it before someone but have a slower device than those who hit it 5 seconds after you, or the server may register requests oddly because of the max influx of user requests.

Based on this, it is not worth (what I previously theorized) getting passes for your group, but not for you, and refreshing boarding groups only for yourself to see if you can get a lower number and get your family moved to your group.

This strategy is one I think is very much worth attempting when you can:

1) Be in the park before 7AM with a party of 2 or more. Ensure before 7AM that all of you have the WDW experience app and have your entire party linked to each person’s account/phone/app (as if you need to select fast passes for them).
2) Have the app closed and leave it closed until 7AM before you enter the park. It needs to register that you’ve tapped your magic band. (As a side note - the ONLY requirement to obtain a boarding pass is that you have tapped your magic band or pass to the tap station at DHS and that it turns green. You can make a 180 degree turn and walk right out if you wanted to, which is actually strategic for rope dropping another park. Just get to your phone at 7AM wherever you are).
3) Split your group into 2-3, depending on what you want to do or feel comfortable doing. You will need to speak to a cast member and get them to move your party to the group you want (that you’ve chosen).
4) At 7AM, open the app and join a boarding group. I like waiting 2-3 seconds to open the app on good connection. Have each person do this. Do not overlap people. I will give an example here for a group of 3:
Person A: obtains a pass for person A and B.
Person C: obtains a pass for person C only.

This can extend to however many people you’d like. Just know that the more divisions in groups, the harder it will be to get a CM to shift all of you around.

5) Because 2 people are trying, theoretically, you have twice the probability of getting to a good boarding group if you each do it ASAP at 7AM. The more people, the higher likelihood you are in a low group, but also the harder it is to combine groups with a CM.

6) Go to guest experience umbrellas in DHS with your party. Personally, I’d recommend referring to your party as “family” to ensure CMs help you out more. If you don’t like bending the truth a little, simply don’t use this strategy. It will probably work - combining someone to your more favorable group - but if you aren’t comfortable doing this, don’t.

From here, hopefully, you have obtained the lowest group possible that your party has found with several people checking the app at the same time and sending those requests to Disney’s servers.

Let me know what you think and if you test it!

Don’t care about rope dropping any particular ride. Just don’t want to take a chance on missing a regular boarding group. We’ll be there all day.

Hi. Onsite at POP now and took Uber this morning. We left our room at 5:45, walked to bus stop with Uber app already open, about 20-30people ahead of us in bus line and no bus there so we booked the Uber. It took 10min to arrive and it was only a 5 min ride to HS. (We also looked at Lyft app and it was estimating 15min arrival fwiw). We waited in the bus line til the last min just in case, and it grew very quickly. Bus arrived a few seconds before our Uber but obviously we lwft before the bus was done loading and the drop off is right up front so well worth $10 for me.

Arrived at DHS at 6:08 and quickly through bag check. They opened gates right as we arrived so we tapped in about 6:15 and we were towards the front of crowd waiting for MFSR.

I agree you have a wide target window for arrival if you aren’t worried about being in line for MFSR or SDD. I’d leave by 6:15 to be safe in case it’s hard to book a ride share or another unexpected delay. Since you will be there all day, I’d personally pick some ride to get done that first hour or so, because there aren’t many restaurants or shows open until closer to 10:30 I think. Perhaps do AS2, TOT, TSMM or shopping.

Last edited:
I feel like that strategy would be way too much of a roll of the dice for me.

It’s something to try if you may only have half a day or have already done it several times and are looking to see anything interesting works ... either way, you will still get a boarding group right when it opens, just may require you going to CMs to merge parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter